Ghost Rider: The Game(s)

WHAT.. NO NINTENDO!!!!!!!1......UGH.. I was afraid of this...ever since the Punisher game I figured I'd get jipped on an awsome ghost rider game...now I'm Pi$$ED

Cant wait to get that! so happy i decided to plop down 140 to get a slimline Playstation 2.
very cool to hear Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti are doing the story. hopefully this is a sign that they want to make a memorable and high quality movie game instead of something that was slapped together just to make a buck.

GHOST RIDER REVEALED, ENJOY!
ghostrider.gif

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/633/633281p1.html

Excellent, Guardian! Been hoping someone would post a full shot of the Ghost Rider poster. Now, people, let's get to work on some new wallpaper!

:cool:

Yay! As i expected the end of the chain is spiked, exactly like the bike's forks:)

Oh yeah, now that is freakin' awesome. Thanks for the post Mr. Nick.

I really like the spiked end as well. That'll definatly do some damage to whoever/whatever at the recieving end.

For those who don't want to leave the hype...
ghost-rider-20050713044155916.jpg

I may love the classic flamey flamey flamey logo, but, I have to say, the metallic font on the poster does look more 'movie'. I'm steadily warming to it.

Still prefer empty eye sockets though!

;)

It appears that we have A LOT riding on Garth Ennis. He will be behind much of Ghost Riders immediate future. I'm not familiar with his work, I know He did something with Punisher a while back, but I haven't read it. I hope he does good solid work. We will know by the middle of the upcoming miniseries wether or not we will like the game. I'll hope for the best.

I just pray they don't make it anywhere near as easy as the Batman Begins and Spiderman 2 games...

I sure hope it has a free-roaming environment like Spider-Man 2. It was cool to be able to websling and wallcrawl around New York on the lookout for 'disturbances'!
I want to be free to rocket around the city, jump bridges, race up the side of skyscrapers, weave in and out of traffic, pop a flaming wheelie past gawking citizens whilst chain-dragging a crim behind me!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

:ghost:

I liked very much the description of boosting jump possibility(like, a "hellfire bar" to charge/use to do some great stunts/combo)... I hope there's gonna be also some other tricks to do with the bike than jumps and water riding, IE wall riding, wall drifting, and combat related use of the bike: not at the juggling levels of Devil May Cry III, were Dante swirls that giant bike around him in air like a nunchaku, but some cool combinations..with some elements(maybe pad imputs) maybe from snowboard/extreme sports simulations. Some very cool stunts should involve shockwaves from high speed, and the chain gives million of possibilities, catch and slam(object/people), catch and drag with the bike, drag in Scorpion style, catch and penance stare, strike, multiple rebouncing strike (pre-locked), multi directional chain rings shoot, the same w/ explosive rings.. Actually the hellfire shotgun, aparto from shooting, could become also a really good way to control mid air inertia by recoil... heck maybe the 'cycle could even ride ON the chain... As for normal combat, i say the best is to stick to basic Kusari Kama(japanese weapon: a chain with a lead end) techniques, instead of the scyte...there are GR fists...ouch:p
And by rotating it at immense speed as in the punisher crossover it could be used as a shield, if there is need. The chain in the comics also alwais seemed somewhat to be sort of auto aiming/searching..(Snowblind)

Free roaming is a must, I think. Something along the lines of a mix between Spider-Man and San Andreas would be perfect. He should be able to wander the streets both on his bike and on foot, with the ability to 'call' his bike to him whenever he wants.

Of course, there would have to be some Blaze elements in there as well...

... and I wouldn't mind him having an arsenal or medival weapons to use. That woudl be cool.

The should listen to us. The games are for the fans. I'm going on strike!!!!!!!

Very Bad News!!!

Majesco Games, that company that is supposed to create/publish the Ghost Riders game has gone bankrupt.

LordSuperhero said:
Very Bad News!!!

Majesco Games, that company that is supposed to create/publish the Ghost Riders game has gone bankrupt.

possibly..im not familiar w/ rules for filing bankruptcy but i swear i remember hearing about a few companies who filed but were still able to conduct business normally...at least for awhile. if anyone here that reads this and is familar w/ bankruptcy drop us a line about it if possible.

if majestic has to drop it completely i hope someone else can take the project up where it is now and continue w/ production so that it can still make its 2006 release date. i cant see Marvel dropping the idea for a GR game simply because the company that was picked to do it has to back out.
just have to wait and see as anymore news develops about this.

LordSuperhero...do you have any links or did you get his info directly from someone?

No I dont have a referral, but I know they applied for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"