Ghost Rider vs GR: Spirit of Vengeance

Blackout couldnt make it dark in the middle of the day, unless they were in a dark place with lights on inside. So that was another stupid addition to his powers. He was never human either, he was born a vampire and had fangs and was generally an amazing villain in the comics.

Sorry but what we got in the movie was garbage, when compared to the comics, so in this reagrd, faithfulness would have improved the movie, not "taken it too far."

I thought it was cool, much cooler than the Blackout in the comics in terms of powers.

*shrugs*

Sorry but what we got in the movie was garbage, when compared to the comics, so in this reagrd, faithfulness would have improved the movie, not "taken it too far."

So, all you're saying is that the Movie would have been better, had he stayed a Vampire? So basically, the rest of the Movie was ok.

^Well thats up to you BT.

But surely you can see were we comic book fans come from. If in the Thor movie they had made Loki like the Blackout in this movie would you be happy? No, you wouldnt. Thankfully they got Loki pretty damn spot on. This Blackout was in name only. In the comics it wasnt Blackout's powers which made him cool, it was his sadistic and calculating nature not to mention how evil and tactical his approach was.

EDIT: Nathan, didnt see your post at first. No i'm not saying that was the only bad thing, it was one of a number of bad things that they got the characters powers and, well, character, completely wrong. Read my review, it mentions much more bad things, like crap direction, story-telling and a rubbish Devil as well and some really out of character things for GR.

Last edited:

But surely you can see were we comic book fans come from. If in the Thor movie they had made Loki like the Blackout in this movie would you be happy? No, you wouldnt. Thankfully they got Loki pretty damn spot on. This Blackout was in name only. In the comics it wasnt Blackout's powers which made him cool, it was his sadistic and calculating nature not to mention how evil and tactical his approach was.

They left out ALOT of Loki's powers in THOR and they gave Blackout powers in GR:SOV, so it's not the same thing.

But leaving out his powers doesnt mean he wont use them at a later, outright giving a character powers for no reason is just idiotic IMO. Thor himself didnt use some of his powers in the movie, doesnt mean he cant at a later date. We are know stuck with this iteration of Blackout.

The only good thing about this movie was when the Rider was on screen. Loved how he was portrayed as more of a creepy horror movie character. When he first turns up and is standing there swaying from side to side, twitching his head about... i loved it.

But surely you can see were we comic book fans come from. If in the Thor movie they had made Loki like the Blackout in this movie would you be happy? No, you wouldnt.

Amen. This is exactly what disappoints me about Sony. GR has a nice rogue's gallery that can be expanded upon, but they always end up changing and in the process, ruining characters.

As much as I liked Sam Elliot in GR 1, that wasn't the real Caretaker. The real Caretaker was a bad ass immortal from the line of the "Blood" sent to oversee the keepers of the Medallion of Power. Keepers such as Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, and Vengeance. See how awesome that sounds? Sony's response, "Na, screw it, he's a ghost that disappears before the climax." Up yours fans!

Amen. This is exactly what disappoints me about Sony. GR has a nice rogue's gallery that can be expanded upon, but they always end up changing and in the process, ruining characters.

As much as I liked Sam Elliot in GR 1, that wasn't the real Caretaker. The real Caretaker was a bad ass immortal from the line of the "Blood" sent to oversee the keepers of the Medallion of Power. Keepers such as Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, and Vengeance. See how awesome that sounds? Sony's response, "Na, screw it, he's a ghost that disappears before the climax." Up yours fans!

But leaving out his powers doesnt mean he wont use them at a later, outright giving a character powers for no reason is just idiotic IMO. Thor himself didnt use some of his powers in the movie, doesnt mean he cant at a later date. We are know stuck with this iteration of Blackout.

True :up:

I see what you're saying, I still like Blackout's decay powers but I definately understand where you guys are coming from.

That does sound much better than what we got, and the Blackout from the comics is much better than the one we got in the movies as well, I really wish we would've gotten to see him.

What we got in the movie was okay, but it wasnt Blackout, why not just make up a new villain like Hellboy II and Blade did if you dont want to use the comics.

Ghost Rider **hands down**

At least it entertained me in some way. Spirit of Vengeance was terrible.

IMO, Ghost Rider 1 was the better made movie overall. Spirit of Vengeance had its moments also mostly with better action scenes & all the other crazy stuff that Ghost Rider does but was sorely lacking in Ghost Rider one liners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"