Ghostbusters 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Reitman put Bill Murray on the spot but with a script ready this is good news.

i like Seth Rogen, but i do not want him anywhere near this film

there's only 2 guys from the Apatow crew who i can see as Ghostbusters - Jason Segel and Paul Rudd

I agree , I'd like to see Rudd but Rogen doesn't fit here.

ya who really knows what the new busters will be in the end. Since we know casting isnt really happening just yet. Beyond maybe studio execs and the guys talking about POTENTIAL actors to look at.

I just really really want this to happen. Forget Tron and Indy.

The Challenge Of Sequelizing Ghostbusters
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday January 11, 2011 @ 8:53pm EST

Every time one of the original Ghostbusters stars promotes a film, they answer the inevitable Ghostbusters III question that fuels a new round of breathless stories that turn out to be apparitions. Ivan Reitman, back as director thanks to his strong original Ghostbusters deal, is the latest to weigh in as he promotes his latest film No Strings Attached. He is getting more mileage telling reporters that Bill Murray doesn't hate the script than he is talking up the Natalie Portman-Ashton Kutcher sex romp. Here's what I hear: Reitman and Sony Pictures have no idea if the mercurial Murray will smile on the script they've just sent him. Without Murray, the studio absolutely will not make the film, which gives an extraordinary amount of leverage to a quirky actor who leaves financiers sweating until the moment he shows up on the set.

This is too big a project to play games. "The studio won't even think about forward on a $150 million film unless Bill has a closed deal and a commitment," said an insider. "It's too huge a risk to do any meaningful prep, hoping he shows up."

It has been 21 years since the last Ghostbusters sequel, which wasn't as good as the 1984 original and didn't gross as much. Despite that, Sony Pictures Entertainment has tried over and over to scare up a new ghost comedy that would entice Murray and his compatriots Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis for another encore. It has gone long past the point when a studio hurries a sequel to capitalize on the momentum of the last film and nobody was going to hurry unless a good script made it worthwhile, Sony has proven adept at figuring out problem sequels: for years, Men in Black 3 seemed unmake-able because of the battles between director Barry Sonnenfeld and producer Walter Parkes, a prohibitive amount of first dollar gross committed, and the inability to agree on a creative direction. When a good script finally materialized, Sonnenfeld and Parkes made peace and talent traded first dollar gross for cash break deals. The picture is slotted for May 25, 2012 release.

SPE thinks it has the same opportunity on Ghosbusters III, because of the script by The Office writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky. Murray had been aloof about an Ghostbusters but Aykroyd and Ramis felt a thaw after the cast got together a couple of years ago to work on a video game. Eisenberg and Stupnitsky delivered the goods, and Aykroyd, Ramis and Reitman added their own touches before sending the script to Murray. The script brings back the original cast, who pass the torch to newcomers, which sets up future installments.

When the mercurial Murray does turn up on a film set, it's worth the wait. He's generating Best Supporting Actor talk for his performance in Get Low, and he was a definite highlight of Sony's Zombieland. But nobody envies a studio having to rely on him for such a big piece of business, because Murray moves to the beat of his own drum. Even trying to get an answer on Murray's thoughts conjures up the signature Ghostbusters line, 'Who you gonna call?' He has been without an agent for several years and doesn't have a publicist. He has an attorney but a call to his office was met with the curt reply that they don't talk to reporters. Bottom line: a yes from Murray moves Ghostbusters III right into pre-production, with shooting to begin as fast as possible. If Murray says no, the film doesn't have a ghost of a chance. No pressure, Dr. Peter Venkman.

Oh man... I've heard bits and pieces of this news. Would love to see a GB3. Definitely the first film is one of my all time faves.

has any one palyed the video game? if they made the story like the game then it would be awesome. i rember one time they were going to makeghostbuster 3 in cgi then they go to hell and fightthe devil. i heard abouit couple years ago.

My wife bought me the video game on the Wii... but I confess I haven't played it much. I think I played it for a few hours and then never went back to it. It was great to hear the original actors doing the voices again, though.

I've played the game, it's awesome, very fun. If you're a fan it can't be recommended highly enough.

The game is great on the xbox , the wii graphics went for a cartoon feel and it takes away from it IMO. .

So, for all we know, Murray may like the script but wants to keep us hanging on the edge of our seats until he decides to say something.

Murray has been the holdup? Way to break non-news, TOLDJA. We've all known that since forever ago.

the best part about GB3 is all the news from Murray .

As much as i'd love to see GB 3, the chemistry between the new guys would be hard to top with what we saw with the original cast.
Will the original cast be in the entire film, or will they pass the torch fairly quickly making way for the new GBs.....lots of questions.

I'm hoping that the original 4 busters are present throughout the whole film. I'd say that there should be 3 new Busters. The first film began with 3, and if they used 4 busters the cast could potentially get very crowded. That's a problem they're going to face by simple nature of the fact that they are bringing new characters into a franchise that had found its footing quite a while ago, so it's kind of inevitable, but I think that 3 new busters is enough. If they end up doing a TV series or whatever, they can always introduce 4th or 5th busters after the original 4 have retired.

If there is going to be a new film (which I still have my doubts about), I would think that they bring Annie Potts back and have Janine groom her replacement, so to speak, although not to the extent that Egon, Venkman, Winston and Ray would.

I do really hope the new draft is up to bill liking so we can finally get the film going. We are so dam close now and I want it to happen.

I'm glad that Bill is holding the project up because I want this to be legit. As 'fun' as Die Hard 4 and Indy 4 were, they don't really fit in well with the other films.

If there is going to be a new film (which I still have my doubts about), I would think that they bring Annie Potts back and have Janine groom her replacement, so to speak, although not to the extent that Egon, Venkman, Winston and Ray would.

I see no reason to replace her if she does just come back as a secretary... She can do that well into old age.

I don't see why she wouldn't return. She did do the game if I recall.

I think in the very least you have to have the original 4 GB's back... Having Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis and Annie Potts back would top the whole thing off though.

Rick Moranis is retired from acting.

You know why?

Here's a clue. There was a rumoured biopic of him that was cancelled due to lack of interest. It was called Honey They Shrunk My Paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"