GIT R DUN! Do you like Red Necks?

ALP

In The Mountains
Reaction score
The Rednecks, their southern accents, culture, and way of life. Do you like them or find them extremely stupid?

clubnote02vn8.jpg

larry2za1.jpg

sherryrebelflag1oo2.jpg

Its such a ridiculously stupid counter-culture. Much like the rap subculture. Why would rappers pride themselves on being murderers, rapists, drug addicts/dealers, etc? Same with this entire Redneck thing. Why would someone be proud of being uneducated, dirty, descendants of people who fought for slave ownership, etc?

I find Larry the Cable Guy quite charming.

Let it be known that Larry The Cable Lyer isn't actually a redneck.

Living in Indiana, you get a mixture of both suburban-yuppie white people and your redneck confederate flag on the front bumper painted rear window of my F150 white people, so it's all over the map over here. I'm cool with you, so long as you don't talk any **** to me. Any smart ass remarks, and my genial attitude goes out the window, Bubba.

I picked other. Can't say I hate them all, since not all of them are racist pigs. At the same time I think Matt also said it very well though. Both sides wether it's white trash/redneck or ghetto thug-life losers, they both have the option to get out of their poor broken ass situations and having a better life.

It's just most of them never make that choice, which is sad.

I picked other. Can't say I hate them all, since not all of them are racist pigs. At the same time I think Matt also said it very well though. Both sides wether it's white trash/redneck or ghetto thug-life losers, they both have the option to get out of their poor broken ass situations and having a better life.

I disagree with that.:o

I disagree with that.:o

Yeah, I think some people feel that it's easy to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps", but you have to walk a mile in a man's shoes. You can tell who's just leeching the system and who honestly has to scrape for their next ****ing meal.

I like them. They are utterly zeh best entertainment money doesn't need to buy. Just go out to the boondocks and give them a 6 pack of beer and some guns and a motive.

Awesome shiz. :up:

I like them. They are utterly zeh best entertainment money doesn't need to buy. Just go out to the boondocks and give them a 6 pack of beer and some guns and a motive.

Awesome shiz. :up:
that also sounds like a cheap ass way to find an assassin:huh:

Do I hate rednecks? No. Frankly I have a lot of friends who would certainly qualify or self-identify as rednecks. Do I hate this television stereotype that call themselves rednecks (kinda what Matt talked about), yes. It's a patently stupid subculture that, IMO, has contributed nothing of merit. He compared them to rap culture, but at the very least I can say some rap is actually quality music.

that also sounds like a cheap ass way to find an assassin:huh:

If you're enemy is some furry creature.

Do I hate rednecks? No. Frankly I have a lot of friends who would certainly qualify or self-identify as rednecks. Do I hate this television stereotype that call themselves rednecks (kinda what Matt talked about), yes. It's a patently stupid subculture that, IMO, has contributed nothing of merit. He compared them to rap culture, but at the very least I can say some rap is actually quality music.

:up: I agree.

I'm a born-and-bred Texan, so the term "redneck" at least partially applies to just about everyone I know. One of my favorite comedians on the subject is Jeff Foxworthy. I love his rant on the definition of a redneck...

"Webster's defines redneck as "a glorious absence of sophistication". Then, not long ago, I was watching CNN, where some guy claimed there was a shortage of sophisticated people in this country...which I took to mean there was an abundance of people like me!" :lmao:

People have no choice but to like them,in many cases..those are their cousins...and The Confederacy is still alive in the south.

:boba:

While I live in Memphis, there's only 3 things I like in my town: Tigers basketball, barbeque, and the music history (mostly blues and Stax Records).

Being the son of a guy who grew up in Chicago, and a woman who grew up in Detroit, I take pride that I still don't have an accent. Though I've lived here since I was 3.

The southern culture is meaningless to me, and if some yokels want to support the losing side in the American Civil War, they have every right to do so. I'll just point at them, laugh, and continue on with my life

Not really. I like Dave Cheppelle's thoughts on this:

"I spoke at my old high school and I told them kids straight up. If you guys are serious about getting out of this ghetto you gotta focus, gotta stop blaming white people for your problems and you've gotta learn....to rap, play basketball or somethin! Ya'll trapped!! You are TRAPPED! Either do that or sell crack, that's your only option... it's the only way I've seen it work! Get..get to DANCIN! Get to entertaining these white people! Go out there and be somebody!!!"

Its such a ridiculously stupid counter-culture. Much like the rap subculture. Why would rappers pride themselves on being murderers, rapists, drug addicts/dealers, etc? Same with this entire Redneck thing. Why would someone be proud of being uneducated, dirty, descendants of people who fought for slave ownership, etc?
Exactly. Thank you Matt.

Do you wish your ancestors won the Civil War?

I can imagine the South clings to the Confederacy because it could have changed the country,and the fact that blacks still live in the south.They just did not move away or magically dissapear.

miss_redneck_contestant1.jpg

I like how she can hold the beer and the cigarette in one hand. True sign of one.

I like some girls with country accents.
I knew people who would truly fit in as red necks, but they weren't raised in the south like the said above.

I live amongst these people, it's tough. :(

I agree with the "ridiculously stupid counter-culture" part.
The rest isnt much of a true comparrison.Unless I missed all those hillbilly songs where they tout being "uneducated" and "dirty".

But I digress,..Because Id love to hear that.Someone write a country song about how you got third degree burns cookin meth!

^Is it funny being the only person in the area that likes "them queer superheroes?" :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"