Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

Does anyone have any idea what exactly they’re supposedly reshooting? I mean, I guess with a franchise like this, I wonder what kind of retooling they think would make it more successful. With KOTM, most of the complaints I saw were about the humans acting irrationally and foolishly. But that’s kind of a staple for these types of movies. Maybe they want less wanton destruction?

They're obviously cutting the human characters from the film entirely. /s

I mean reshoots happen all the time in these big movies. It's just hopefully they're not the type of reshoots we don't want.

"Can we get more action?"

It's Kong vs Godzilla. If that isn't enough then I don't know what is.

They're obviously cutting the human characters from the film entirely. /s

I know you’re being sarcastic. But I rewatched Jurassic Park and you realize dinosaurs are only in that thing for maybe 20 minutes total. Yet somehow the movie never feels slow or boring. Yes, watching kaiju fight each other is cool but you need human characters to keep the story interesting.

Same with Jaws.

The right script and director and cast goes a long way.

Just got out of KOTM and enjoyed it quite a bit, please don’t Justice League this WB!

Kinda bummed the movie fell flat with people, I was hoping to get more G movies after GvK

It was a combination of factors:

- 5 year time gap
- General audience just not being very interested in Godzilla in general
- Endgame pretty much devouring other movies' box office
- Negative reviews and scores dissuading a lot of people from seeing it

It is saddening, but I've made peace with the fact that GvK is gonna be the last Monsterverse movie we'll get. i just hope WB doesn't get its paws into the production to make it have "more appeal to the mainstream audience" (we saw how well that worked with Justice League).

I don’t think the GA is up for loads and loads of Godzilla films. A one off event sure.

I will say, GvK will probably be more appealing to the general audience than KOTM was. Just the idea of those two fighting should draw in a lot of curiosity.

I will say, GvK will probably be more appealing to the general audience than KOTM was. Just the idea of those two fighting should draw in a lot of curiosity.
The original is still one of the more successful films in the Godzilla franchise. I agree this one has the potential to follow suit.

The original is still one of the more successful films in the Godzilla franchise. I agree this one has the potential to follow suit.

Its been something that Toho has been trying to do for a while. Good to see that Toho seems happy with the arrangement. Hope we can get a few more movies.

That spells good news and confidence for the Monsterverse's future. Just hope GvK is enough to turn in at least a decent profit so we can get more of these.

Glad they would like to make more, just hope GvK can make a decent enough profit to make that a reality.

Saw KOTM yesterday. I liked it. Really looking forward to GvsK. However, I'm struggling to see how Kong remotely stands a chance.

Oh he's gonna win either way, don't worry. :o

Saw KOTM yesterday. I liked it. Really looking forward to GvsK. However, I'm struggling to see how Kong remotely stands a chance.
Like he did in the 1962 movie. He will probably be almost as big as Godzilla and he might get hit by a lightning like in the original.

Godzilla Vs Kong Poster, Official or not ? :thf:

fddzip7onof31.jpg

I wonder if the movie will have that saturated color palette.

Well it definitely catches your eye.

Pretty sure that pic has been around for quite a while though. I definitely remember the tagline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"