Godzilla Resurgence (2016)

Here you go:

clearergodzilla.jpg

Love it. Going all the way back to '54. Very interested to see how it looks in motion.

Not really sure. The post '98 films pretty much mostly were individual continuities, with only the original being canon. I think it is safe to assume it is another sequel to the original.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm getting giddy. Liked the atmosphere of the teaser and I'm digging the design.

Stuff I've read from the director said he wants to go in a scarier direction than most Godzilla movies. The teaser and that creepy poster seem to confirm that. I'm excited to see this.

The more I look at it, the more of the Attack on Titan influence I see. Hopefully the story is better...

The more I look at it, the more of the Attack on Titan influence I see. Hopefully the story is better...

The director of Attack on Titan is only doing the effects on this film. Whether Anno will have better live action story telling chops waits to be seen.

They've talked about wanting to do something like a terrifying version of the original design. I think they succeeded .

Godzilla_'54_design.jpg

Edit: Found this picture of the original design sculpt from before production on the 1954 Godzilla film. Whey talk about going back to the roots they meant it.
tumblr_inline_nz3tcyHyJm1roamm9_540.jpg

Last edited:
Can we get a mod to change the thread title to "Toho Pictures "Godzilla Resurgence" ?

12314234_702743626528011_6464259874212684586_o.jpg

English Language Poster

img_visual_en.jpg

Here you go:

clearergodzilla.jpg

Is this legit? Ugh I hope not. Looks horrible in my opinion. First time US nails the look of Godzilla and now Toho definitely taking steps backwards. He looks horrible. Please..... Someone tell me this isn't real.

It's real. Just have to wait and see it in motion. Also, have to see the full body to a good idea of what he looks like as well.

I like it well enough, but yeah. Context is key.

I love Godzilla so I'm sure I'll see this either way. Sure. I'd like to see an entire suit. But that head pic is hideous! Don't like it at all. It looks like the 50's head with smaller eyes and a mouth full of spikes.
Look forward to seeing more. Maybe my opinion will change, but not looking good so far.

My favorite Godzilla was in Godzilla 2000. Really liked the Final Wars design. The 90's Toho versions. And the latest US version was awesome too. I guess I was just expecting something completely different.

I hope it's NOT filmed like that. It's like..a day late and a dollar short.

Last edited:
You can see the crazy burning in his eyes.

He looks like something that escaped from Where the Wild Things Are or The Dark Crystal. I love it!

I like how they're going back to Godzilla's 1954 roots with him being a representation of what happened to Japan in 54. He's very much a victim of atom bomb, and you feel pity just as much as fear. He's an abomination that never should've been, and I think this design embodies that perfectly.

9.gif
Such an old-school design. Haven't expected something like this, but on the other hand I like that somewhat raw approach, not trying to make it look cool or eye appealing or something, it's just some huge mutated horror creature. Cannot wait to see some footage where this thing is actually moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"