Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

Also 2014, KOTM, and Godzilla v Kong are all supposed to be the same Godzilla, hence people complaining about his size and design being inconsistent.

I'd also point out that Godzilla DID grow in size and slightly change his appearence during the Heisei era, but they had in universe explanations for it i.e his fight with Biollante in Godzilla vs Biollante, and absorbing direct nuclear energy from a fallen sub instead of a nuke test when he was moved due to time travel in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, or going full nuclear power in Godzilla vs Destoroyah.

Honestly at this point, I'll watch it whatever way I can get it. It's been so dragged out and anti-climactic I don't care anymore.

I would much prefer to see this in theaters, and I have an incredible home theater set up.

I feel bad for those who will be watching all these new movies at home on their 42-inch, non-4K TVs -- particularly big pictures like this one. Ironically, those same people will be the ones who say things like "The CGI sucks!" And I'm thinking, how can you even tell? LOL

Funko pops have been revealed so I guess that means we will see some legitimate stuff shortly

I want to hope, but I'm deadset on believing there will be no proper marketing for this at the very least until March, if even that.

Being Team Godzilla I get the uneasy feeling that they will either have Kong defeat Godzilla,or like Freddy vs. Jason,have it be a draw.

True

But I'm starting to wonder if Godzilla and King Kong are in the same territory as King Arthur, Robin Hood and Superman. These character that are iconic but most audiences don't care about them actually. So these studios try and sell these movies and think they'll sell on these characters' icon status.

I wonder if in 2014 or even 2013 if you did a survey how many movie goers would actually care about Godzilla fighting King Kong. They really needed to make the movies good enough so the audience would care

The Robin Hood and King Arthur comparisons are SPOT ON. Everyone KNOWS Godzilla and King Kong. Does anyone actually care about them? I don’t really think so. There’s a reason why Hollywood has never really cracked a Godzilla movie even though it seems like a home run on paper. It’s similar to the Hulk problem. You can’t just have a whole movie that is Godzilla. There has to be a human story, but no one is actually there for the human story. The original film and Shin Godzilla are arguably the only films to actually have a human story worth telling and they are widely considered the best two films. That’s not a coincidence.

Having said all of that, I do think both of the Godzilla films in this series shied away too much from the monster action. KOTM had a lot more action than 2014, but it was almost all from the human’s perspective, which is not appealing if we don’t care about the characters. Just let me watch the big fella fight. Kong actually covered the monster fighting well.

Being Team Godzilla I get the uneasy feeling that they will either have Kong defeat Godzilla,or like Freddy vs. Jason,have it be a draw.

Again that’s my big problem with this movie being released after KOTM. Godzilla fights off a big ass three headed dragon from space, but now I’m supposed to believe he’s met his match against an overgrown but mythic ape?

That’s Bull if he loses.

You can bet your bottom dollar Kong will win. They just gave Zilla a massive win over Ghidorah, they are not going to give him another one.

Kong will beat Godzilla, the King of Monsters, and as a result will get his official name "King Kong".

This will be like almost any "VS" movie. Godzilla will get the upper hand in one fight, Kong will get the upper hand in another fight, and then they will team up to face a common threat.

Kong wins by default given that he is the "underdog". I'd be highly surprised if he didn't win.

Wasn't Godzilla's death in his movie against Destoroyah a pretty big deal even internationally?

Big deal cause he’s an icon.

But did they cry during the scene?
You're seriously underestimating how much people reacted to that scene. Godzilla might not be as "human" in comparison to Kong, but a lot of people do care about him to the point that when he died in that movie, they legit felt emotional or cried. Look at any YouTube comment section of that scene for an example.

Look at any YouTube comment section of that scene for an example.

To be fair, I can find someone On YouTube crying over a Marvel announcement so...

I’m talking with the general public at large, not just fans who are already invested. I just don’t think a Godzilla death scene is held to as high esteem as either the 1933 or 2005 King Kong films in that regard.death scenes.

I’m talking with the general public at large, not just fans who are already invested. I just don’t think a Godzilla death scene is held to as high esteem as either the 1933 or 2005 King Kong films in that regard.death scenes.
True. But that doesn't mean there isn't any emotional attachment to Godzilla dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"