Golden Globe Nominations

That Atonement movie has been getting huge buzz for a couple of months.

I figured the movie would get nominated, I just didn't know he was really getting critical praise....I like it when it's not the same old faces.

I like it when it's not the same old faces.

The drama category has all the big names. In the comedy category its just Depp and Hanks. Gosling, Hoffman, and Reilly are known (and respected) actors but not big stars.

Great news about Johnny Depp, Viggo Mortensen, Casey Affleck and Ellen Page :up:

I sure didn't see the Ryan Gosling nom coming at all :wow:

But no love for Russell Crowe, Christan Bale and Josh Brolin all who had 2 really good performances in 2 very good movies, that is kind of a shock IMHO.

Great news about Johnny Depp, Viggo Mortensen and Ellen Page :up:

I sure didn't see the Ryan Gosling nom coming at all :wow:

But no love for Russell Crowe, Christan Bale and Josh Brolin all who had 2 really good performances in 2 very good movies, that is kind of a shock IMHO.

I didn't see American Gangster, but Brolin was amazing in No Country for Old Men as well....he was my favorite part of the film, but Bardem was a close second.

I didn't see American Gangster, but Brolin was amazing in No Country for Old Men as well....he was my favorite part of the film, but Bardem was a close second.

If you get a chance to see AG go, you will not be sorry, Russell and Denzel are just amazing to watch and Brolin is jaw dropping good, if you like the Departed then you will like this one.

I thought that Brolin was amazing in NCOM but IMHO that was Bardem's movie by a long shot, he is so good in that movie, finally a ture villain, and I can't see anybody beating him out for a GG or Oscar, it is his.

Meh. Not the trainwreck I expected, but I'm pretty apathetic about these films as a whole. I am pleasantly surprised at Cronenberg's Eastern Promises getting 2 big noms- certainly not one of his best movies, but nice to see one of his films get some mainstream credit.

Only big dissapointment/disagreement is with the few American Gangster noms. To those who say it's like the Departed, just because a film has cops and robbers in it doesn't make it similar :p The more I think about this movie the more I can't believe it's getting recognition for anything other than production design.

I really, really don't get the nomination for Travolta. He was abysmal in Hairspray. And Julia Roberts instead of Marcia Gay Harden? Ugh.

Nice to see Ellen Page and Jodie Foster both getting nominations though.

Emile Hirsch should of been nominated for Into The Wild. I think that's the biggest snub in my opinion.

Nothing for Gone Baby Gone. :huh: Into the Wild also being snubbed is bizarre.

Seriously....I pulled for Fleck to get a nomination :(

It is to bad that Gone Baby Gone and Into the Wild didn't get a whole lot of love, I thought that they would do better.

so... because Hans Zimmer said he didn't want to be in the running for award season, they took him up on it!!??!! and because of that no nod for Steve Jablonsky??? pretty clear in my book.... original score sucks this year!

so... because Hans Zimmer said he didn't want to be in the running for award season, they took him up on it!!??!!

The problem is that there was no room on the throphy for the "additional" composers. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"