Goldeneye to be released XBLA. For details and soiled pants, click here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=90440

Rare has refused to say anything on the matter.

If EGM has a mention of it in its lastest issue, Evolved has reliable sources and seen some evidence themselves, Rare is quiet, Nintendo and Rare are on good terms, Reggie has said in the past he would like to get GoldenEye on the VC and lobbies Japan about pleasing the American market. I think in some form its a go.
So how about some American favorites like "Tecmo Super Bowl" on the Wii's virtual console? Fils-Aime said licensing rights for old sports games can be tricky. "We're focused on the big titles that the pain is worth the gain." Naturally, then, the mammoth Nintendo 64 hit "GoldenEye" would be worth it even though the game's developer is now owned by Microsoft and the James Bond license was recently snatched up by Activision? "Would I love to see it on virtual console? Absolutely. But there are a lot of issues there." He made it sound like there's a chance. "Suffice it to say we would love to see it, so we're exploring all the rights issues."

Instead of releasing it on XLBA, couldn't they do the updated version and release it in stores for the Wii and 360?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=90440

Rare has refused to say anything on the matter.

If EGM has a mention of it in its lastest issue, Evolved has reliable sources and seen some evidence themselves, Rare is quiet, Nintendo and Rare are on good terms, Reggie has said in the past he would like to get GoldenEye on the VC and lobbies Japan about pleasing the American market. I think in some form its a go.

Instead of releasing it on XLBA, couldn't they do the updated version and release it in stores for the Wii and 360?

But, Microsoft owns Rare. So if anyone has first dibs it's M$

Jesus. This is way to good to be true. This would be the reason why the word awesome was created.

Jesus. This is way to good to be true. This would be the reason why the word awesome was created.

Uhh.. actually the word Awesome was created to describe large/important terrible events. "That was an awesome travesty" meaning it was a travesty of great proportions.. It now is used to say that something is way cool.. but your statement is sort of wrong.

LOL. Sweet christ there are some prentious a-holes on this board.

I have heard "Ignorance Is Bliss" before. Never heard "Pretentiousness Is Bliss".:o:oldrazz:

I believe the latest reports, because EGM's are written in advance for the most part.

Why Did GoldenEye XBLA Stall?
Like almost everything in this industry, it came down to money.

If you've read the latest issue of EGM, you've probably cried over the apparently silent death of an Xbox Live Arcade version of Rare and Nintendo's classic James Bond shooter for the Nintendo 64, GoldenEye 007. Quartermann's rumor mongering didn't elaborate much, but there's definitely more to the story.

The GoldenEye port has been in development at Rare for several months, and was never intended as a remake. The XBLA version would have featured the same graphics, maps and weapons from the N64 version, but with the crucial addition of online multiplayer over Xbox Live. Several characters wouldn't make the cut due to licensing issues with certain actors.

Unfortunately, the reason GoldenEye for XBLA died came down to money. Our source close to Rare said the conversion was a mere two months from completion, but Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't agree on the financial side of things. The point of contention, as our source puts it: would Nintendo receive a one-time fee for the rights to the game, or a continuing cut of the XBLA revenues? The latter seems to make sense for everyone, but apparently it wasn't that easy.

From what we're told, the best way to get this port back on track is to show Microsoft and Nintendo how badly you want it. If it all comes down to money, show 'em that you want to give yours. As soon as we hear anything more, we'll let you know.

1UP.com

But does this delay with Goldeneye also effect Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie?

Makes no sense to say Goldeneye is better, PD's the same game, but futuristic, and way more features added to it. Only thing Goldeneye has over it is a longer story mode.

Goldeneye was pretty short unless you were doing 00 Agent. But Perfect Dark was also lengthened by increased difficulty.

Some Goldeneye levels can be completed in less than a minute. :(

But yeah, PD had way more features, including co-op and a very, VERY robust MP mode with more customizability than anything... until Halo 3.

Yeah. I used to beat Goldeneye for fun. It was a pretty short game.

You little jerk! How can you be so cruel! Don't you know that my two all-time favorite N64 games are Perfect Dark and Banjo?

Topped only by Deus Ex?

Shenmue in 4th prbly. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"