Goldeneye to be released XBLA. For details and soiled pants, click here.

I gave him an order to do something, but I got an infraction :(

And the beauty was deleted. Who the hell is Kel anyways?

I *said* the video is awful. You're not going to talk me out of it... *are you*?

A slit of sheet, a sheet I slit, upon a slit of sheet I sit.

I told the ass guy on the last page to make love to a penis with his mouth. Then Kel (a new mod)

kel_102907_main.jpg

told me I stepped out of line, and gave me an infraction :cmad:

..man shoot.

Isildur´s Heir;13796297 said:
I just found out that there is a petition to "save" Goldeneye.

http://www.petitiononline.com/rare007/petition.html

Fell free to sign it, if you believe that can help...
There´s already 4829 signatures

There's probably a few petitions online. This might actually work unlike saving TV shows. The video game media is going to press the guys from Nintendo and Microsoft to put them in a awkward moment talking about it.

aw man...it's a no go? damn, i was hoping i'd get to play Goldeneye on a controller that was actually made for FPS's. *sigh* guess it's back to the weird ass N64 controller if i really wanna play. hope they can figure somethin' out.

btw, i agree that Perfect Dark was, technically, a better game but it will never take the place of Goldeneye as the FPS on a console that was actually fun to play.

Isildur´s Heir;13796297 said:
I just found out that there is a petition to "save" Goldeneye.

http://www.petitiononline.com/rare007/petition.html

Fell free to sign it, if you believe that can help...
There´s already 4829 signatures
We might have a chance if that reaches 10k. Where the hell are all the hardcore FPS gamers? :cmad:

btw, i agree that Perfect Dark was, technically, a better game but it will never take the place of Goldeneye as the FPS on a console that was actually fun to play.
Asides from the framerate, PD was everything GE was in multiplayer, and a whole lot more. What's not to like?

:huh:

Asides from the framerate, PD was everything GE was in multiplayer, and a whole lot more. What's not to like?

:huh:

woops...forgot to add something. lemme rephrase...

"i agree that Perfect Dark was, technically, a better game but it will never take the place of Goldeneye as the FIRST FPS on a console that was actually fun to play."

Don't forget Banjo Kazooie too.

블라스;13784933 said:
I'll be ok if this means that we'll get Perfect Dark instead.

Considering that Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't agree on Goldeneye, what makes you think that they'll agree with those two games. To make it even worse, the rights issues are nowhere near as complicated as Goldeneye. The only issues would be Nintendo owning the publishing rights and Microsoft owning the IP.

Considering that Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't agree on Goldeneye, what makes you think that they'll agree with those two games. To make it even worse, the rights issues are nowhere near as complicated as Goldeneye. The only issues would be Nintendo owning the publishing rights and Microsoft owning the IP.

Nintendo has absolutely nothing to do with Perfect Dark. Nintendo didn't publish the game, develop it or even test it aside from certification.

As for Banjo, Microsoft got full rights to everything as part of the buy-out agreement.

Kotaku goes to say that sources from inside Microsoft say Nintendo is the one to blame here.

Looking for someone to blame over the whole XBLA GoldenEye fiasco? Try Nintendo! Sources within Microsoft who were very close to the project (and who also pointed us towards the above, alleged screen) have told us the game was canned not because of disagreements between the two parties, but because of Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata, who believes that, as a title which appeared on a Nintendo console, GoldenEye shouldn't be made available on a competitor's system. This despite a proposed deal from Microsoft that would have seen not only GoldenEye released on the Virtual Console, but other, unspecified Rare games (Jetpac? Sabre Wulf?) as well. How very upsetting. Before you set your tasers to "hate", though, remember, this is coming from one side of a two-sided story

Sure, this is only Microsoft´s side, so it might not be totally accurated, but, if that´s true, i´m extremely dissapointed with Nintendo.
Microsoft was willing to let Goldeneye and other Rare games go to the Virtual Console.

Be it true or not, i bet this is not over yet...more news to come.

Grr I want Goldeneye! I don't care which system it's released on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"