Good Books to Read While in Jail

Believe me, when you're in jail, any book can be a good book. Depends how the jail your friend is going to operates.

49th street jail here in Clearwater isn't bad at all. He is in central which is the one you want to be in. They have a basketball court, microwave, hot water heater, tv area and he said pretty much everyone in there is cool. So there are def worse places to be locked up.

Basically everything from Annihilation to The Thanos Imperative. The entire 24 issue run of Abnett and Lanning's run on Guardians is amazing as well. But personally, aside from the Guardians run, Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest were my favorites.

I found the DnA runs on Amazon so I was going to send him those but the only thing I could find for Annihilation was the Omnibus which is hardcover so I can't send it to him (although I plan on picking it up for myself)

One with a file inside. :up:

Haha ya he is set on facing the music and getting his time served so he doesn't have to watch over his shoulder anymore. And if you look at all the stuff I wrote about it above you can see it's not all that bad. Besides you have to send it straight from AMazon or a publisher, no way to get anything inside of it and the check it anyway

But the saw in the cake is much more delicious than hiding implements in a book.

Imajica and Weaveworld, two Clive Barker books that will take him on a journey to some amazing realms.

Well I just had a visit with him today. He said he prefers non-fiction books similar to one of his favorites called "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. One of my fave books similar to that is Guns, Germs and Steel so I plan on sending him that. He also said he like comedic books. So anyone got any good suggestions along those lines? I still plan on sending him some fiction as well so feel free to post those too

Since he likes the science I'd have to reiterate that The Martian book by Andy Wier. It's about a NASA guy that gets left behind on Mars after a mission goes bad. I don't know crap about science but this guy explains it all easy so a moron like me gets it. I started it today and blew through HALF of it already it is so freaking good. It's a disaster nail biter but it's also kinda educational if you ever wanted to know about space missions and ultra survival. :)

I just sent him Guns, Germs and Steel as well as The Trip to Echo park: On Writers and Drinking

I also sent him Turning Your Mind into an Ally. It's a book on meditation. If anyone knows of any other good books on meditation feel free to post them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"