Goosebumps episodes that would make good movies?

thealiasman2000

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just heard that Adam Sandler is releasing "Click", a movie that has the exact same plot, and even the same title, as a "Goosebumps" episode.

And it got me thinking: what other "Goosebumps" episodes/books would make good movies?

Which ones would work better with an adult cast? And which ones work better on the big screen?

What do you think?

heh... you just went up a notch in my book... that puts you at notch one.

i don't really remember too many of the goosebumps episodes, though. i remember the 'death camera' one... and, something about a mask.

god, it's been so long.

Death camera and ofcorse the rest of the goosebumps show used to scare the crap out of me as a kid. Also that one about the superhero kid who finds out he is really from a comic book and the one where the family gets trapped at the theme park. And possible the dummy.

LOL, Goosebumps. What a load of crap. Churned out one a week by 'RL Stine'.

Here is the plot of every Goosebumps book...

"I was on summer vacation, and I went to a weird old town to stay with my aunt and uncle. Unfortunetly, my annoying younger brother came with me. One day I went into the old attic - it was really creepy in there! Then I felt a hand on my shoulder....!

Turns out it was my brother, playing a prank. Then I felt a hand on my other shoulder......!

But it was my uncle, telling us to get out. Then I felt another hand on my shoulder....!

And so on for another 50 pages or however thin those books where.

Well, the Goosebumps series pretty much already has been made into movies.

Night of the Living Dummy? Child's Play.

The Blob that Ate Everything? The Blob, obviously.

The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight? Umm... Batman Begins.

Mr. Credible said:
heh... you just went up a notch in my book... that puts you at notch one.
That's weird. This preposterous thread has him 30 notchs lower on my scale, which puts him at negative 4,030 now.

deathshead2 said:
Death camera and ofcorse the rest of the goosebumps show used to scare the crap out of me as a kid. Also that one about the superhero kid who finds out he is really from a comic book and the one where the family gets trapped at the theme park. And possible the dummy.

I think Say Cheese or Die would make an interesting movie. (Death Camera)

Also if they did Night of the Living Dummy it would just look like a Childs Play to me.

I don't think very many of them could be fleshed out into full length movies.. Having said that possibly One Day at Horrorland (or whatever it was called), Scarecrow Walks at Midnight and maybe Were-Wolf Skin... But they would have to make them more darker if they were to make them into movies.

D'Artagnan said:

"I was on summer vacation, and I went to a weird old town to stay with my aunt and uncle. Unfortunetly, my annoying younger brother came with me. One day I went into the old attic - it was really creepy in there! Then I felt a hand on my shoulder....!

Turns out it was my brother, playing a prank. Then I felt a hand on my other shoulder......!

But it was my uncle, telling us to get out. Then I felt another hand on my shoulder....!

HAHAHA

Then I felt another hand on my shoulder.....AAAHHHH!!! Michael Jackson!!!

I only read them to see what non-sequitor Stine could end them with.

... and then, I LAID AN EGG!
... and then, THE FLOWERBED TOLD ME THAT IT DID MY MOM!
... and then, I ACTED LIKE A BEE FROM TIME TO TIME!

I'm not making these up.

R.L. Stine now writes regular Steven King-type horror now, oddly enough.

The general concept of the one about the haunted themepark could make a decent horror flick, but not the actual plot.

Most are based on old folk stories, horror movies, and Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episodes anyway, so why not base the movies on these?

D'Artagnan said:

Damn, dude. Relax...

Did your childhood like...suck or something? Why such hostility?

I just done gone through a timewarp.

Hey anyone here that new band Ace of Base ?

BTW R.L. Stines stock in trade was uber-mediocrity and getting as rich as he could as fast as he could. It's really not the best place to look for a source of a movie adaptation. I still remember him admitting to and actually being proud of the ethic of putting out 1 or 2 books a month and starting with the title, then thinking of a story that fits the title.

D'Artagnan said:

Ha! Its funny cuz its true.

Sentinel X said:
HAHAHA

Then I felt another hand on my shoulder.....AAAHHHH!!! Michael Jackson!!!

I would read an R.L. Stine book just to see it end like that.

ive read 2 goosebumps books in my life, both horrible... and ive watched a few of the goosebumps episodes, beign that i was a kid when it came out... none of em scary... or mildly interesting... the only thing i remember about goosebumps is neve campbell was in one of em... and she was hot then too haha

anyways, you know which book is it on?

LostSon88 said:
Damn, dude. Relax...

Did your childhood like...suck or something? Why such hostility?

He's right though. Goosebumps is a bunch of lame, thin, hurriedly-written books, based on ideas watered down from horror movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"