Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG Audience Reaction Thread

PunyGod

Astronomer
Reaction score

Last edited:
Will be seeing it at a rather run down theater near my house in 2 hrs. I'll report back.

I missed a lot of dialogue because my audience was laughing so much.

They totally dug the movie.

Standing O at the end of mine, everyone laughed, cheered it was a great experience,a group pf peeps started singing "hooked on a feeling" on the way out, people laughed at the post stinger.

Everyone was really into it. The theater was kinda full especially for a 11 am showing. They loved it

A lot of people stayed for the stinger. Me and some other people chuckled, but most seemed indifferent

Went to a IMAX screening Thursday night in NYC

- Plenty of laughs throughout the movie
- People cheered when Thanos appeared and clapped at the end of the movie.
- Laughter followed by a few boo's for the post-credit scene. Someone screamed out [BLACKOUT]"Howard the Duck"[/BLACKOUT] and the guy next to me said "that sucks. I wanted the new avengers trailer"

Last night 7:30 2D 80-90% full. Audience loved it, applause at the end. Lot's of laughter and girly squealing during first credit scene and some grumbling after the end credit scene. Overheard one girl behind me saying "I'm so lost." after the last post credit scene.

Went to a IMAX screening Thursday night in NYC

- Plenty of laughs throughout the movie
- People cheered when Thanos appeared and clapped at the end of the movie.
- Laughter followed by a few boo's for the post-credit scene. Someone screamed out [BLACKOUT]"Howard the Duck"[/BLACKOUT] and the guy next to me said "that sucks. I wanted the new avengers trailer"

I think everybody wants that but there going to have to wait till November. I hated how they stuck the trailer after CA TFA to be honest.

I think that's something easy to say in hindsight...

Audience loved it. There was applause twice. Once when Groot owned those 20 or so guards and another at the end of the movie

Audience totally loved it.

Ok, I'm back from a 1:20pm(pacific) showing which seemed to me to be 80-85% full(this is a more run down theater which charges about $3-4 less per ticket than an AMC or Regal/Edwards will cost you). Trailers were Hobbit 3, Hunger Games 3 and Into The Woods. No noticable reactions to them. The audience I would say was decently into the film, lots of laughs. No applause or anything when it ended. About 1/3 of the audience stayed all the way through the credits. And that's about it.

Last edited:
Went to a Thursday 7pm IMAX showing. Theater was packed and the audience was really into the movie. There was a lot of clapping at the end of the movie. Pretty much everyone stayed until the end credits and most people seemed to recognize Howard and laugh.

-Lots and LOTS of laughing all throughout the movie.
-A few sniffles during some of the more emotional scenes.
-A fair amount of "holy crap" type reactions during some of the badass scenes.
-Some snickering during the Star Lord/Gamora scenes.

In my 7pm showing it was pretty packed. A lot of laughing, and at the end of the movie everyone started clapping. If I recall correctly, almost everyone started clapping after Groot took out that entire squadron, and then looked back with that innocent smile. Almost, if not everyone stayed in their seats for the entire movie, and when Howard the Duck was shown, someone screamed, "F*** YEAH!!! HOWARD THE DUCK!!!".

In the theater I went to today for a 3 PM, it was probably only a quarter to a third full, but they were having the same reactions that other people have described their viewings having. Tons of laughter, some genuine concern for the team, and cheering during some of the big action scenes.

I went to an early show so it wasn't that crowded. But the people there seemed to enjoy it throughout.

I missed a lot of dialogue because my audience was laughing so much.

They totally dug the movie.

Same here

It was even annoying when there were a couple of ******s who laughed at every non funny ****

Or when someone said **** or **** or poop, they would laugh out loud ....................... really ?????????????????????????

Regarding the comedy, I expected it to be more campy and slapstick but it was actually really well written and smart. I was watching with a bunch of middle school/high school age kids and some of the jokes flew over their heads and I felt as if I was the only one laughing, which was kinda awkward. Or perhaps I was laughing the hardest at certain jokes. I think besides Pratt and Cooper, Bautista was the best with his lack of understanding metaphors. I really dug all of Bautista's scenes.

Packed. And I mean packed. I was in a theater that has the first two rows reserved for the D-Box seats (seats I have never, ever seen anyone use) until tonight. I think I seen maybe a handful of vacant seats in the 100+ seat theater.

For most of the stuff, it was engaging. There were some jokes, mostly from Drax (I had a hard time understanding what he was saying half the time) that didn't get any laughs, but for the most part, people were enjoying themselves. It looks like Groot, and Rocket were the scene stealers, and when the Pina Colada song came on, there members in the audience that actully started to sing along. My mom was disappointed that they didn't play Spirit in the Sky though.

Now, the first ending credit, people chuckled and adored, but the next, one, nobody liked.

Meh, Second one was for the hardcore comic readers. Girl behind muttered she was lost after it and there was grumbling. Didn't bother me.

This was the second time I've seen a theater applaud at the end of a movie, the first time was with Avengers. :D

There was also some applause for Howard's appearance.

2nd viewing today. Crowd once again was totally into it. Another round of applause at the end with cheers with Rocket and Groot being the clear favorites.

This young lady behind me got pretty damn emotional at the end when Quill finally read his mothers letter. I mean, she just lost it and it was pretty evident to all of us in the theater. :(

Thankfully, everyone in the theater were respectful and didn't do/say anything stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"