Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG critics review/Rotten Tomatoes discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
An extremely positive review from Nick Nunziata of CHUD.com:

Review: Guardians of the Galaxy

Though Star Wars is the tuning fork for a lot of what makes this movie such a delight the real heart of it is James Gunn’s distillation of what makes up the bedrock of this high moment for genre films. He’s a product of the 70′s and 80′s and the comics, toys, and limitations therein. He’s made a movie for today that’s also a reward for yesterday. This will be someone’s Ghostbusters. It’ll be their Star Wars. It’ll be that magic transportive film that entertains the absolute right way. It’s not cheap. It’s mainstream through the back door, choosing smarts and sass over bombastics and tropes. It doesn’t hurt that Gunn stalwart Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly, Peter Serafinowicz, and Djimon Hounsou show up to enliven things. It’s a film that will have children loving every minute while their parents grin ear to ear.

This is an all-out blast and the best 3-D experience in a long time. Pay the extra tariff and watch it as big and loud as you can.

4.5 stars out of 5

Just saw it at Caribbean Cinemas in 3d. It it very good. The end credits where a dissapointment, however. Lots of Marvel Universe stuff that makes you want more and more. Forget the reviews, just go see it. Damn good and light hearted.

The Daily mail is positive.

The Top Critics are really coming through! I fell asleep after work and was expecting low 80s. Great to see it back up to 90. For now anyway.

Last edited:
Only one's I really haven't seen yet are Chicago Reader, TimeOutNew York, The Atlantic, Philadelphia Enquirer, Christian Science Monitor. Top Critics flooded the market today!

Hell yeah glad to see it's still kicking butt! I'll be seeing it in about 30 mins

127 reviews so far and it's at 90%. Yeah, I don't see this dropping below 80.

What surprises me is that the MetaCritic is the best of all the MCU movies. Not bad for being Marvel's riskiest movie.

OMG LUCDISFILM...

You are new here, but please spoiler tag your review or delete it here and move it to the user review thread. You spoiled one of the post-credits scenes, and I'm sure you didn't mean to, it was an accident. But it'll help those of us who aren't seeing the movie until later.

Just a friendly reminder :)

Yes, please spoiler tag your review, otherwise a mod will do it for you. Please do not spoil the movie for people who haven't seen it.

I'm not seeing this until Saturday, so I guess I should vanish until then. I don't want it spoiled.

Movie was awesome. Totally loved it, easy 9/10. I thought it started slightly slow but picked up speed as it went and kept on going. Decided Drax was my favorite character, but they did a great job with all of them.

Anyone who hasn't seen it yet is in for a treat. :)

Thank ye' kindly for the non-spoilery review Wrath.

The saying "as the crow flies" will mean absolutely nothing as crows will be flying everywhere in near future. I already see some coming...

Absolutely wonderful. It had tremendous amounts of heart, humor, and action. Also, let me just say the CGI in this film was ******* astounding. Not one bad or mediocre CGI shot at all. Everyone had their moment to shine. Hell, even Tyler Bates, who I'm not overly fond of as a composer wrote some great music.

Best theatre experience i've had since Avengers. Just a wonderful movie

Absolutely incredible. Marvel knocked it out of the park once more.
I brought my girlfriend and my best friend, both of whom thought it was going to be dumb. They both loved it, and thought Groot was the best character. My girlfriend said
she even felt herself tearing up a bit when he said "we are groot".
The way I see it, if you can get them on board then most people should love this film as they are both pretty tough sells haha.

There is a user review thread. So please use it. :)

I loved this movie....soooo sooooooo much, I understand now why the tag line was "you're welcome"

Thank you James Gunn, Kevin Feige, everyone involved! So happy right now, reviews don't mean anything to me anymore.

But I'm happy it is back to 90% +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back