gotham knight Review (spoilers)

I liked this DVD. I liked every story, but my favorite would be "In Darkness Dwells". It was just amazing to look and hear. I also loved "Working Through Pain". Deadshot was awesome too, the only thing that bothered me a little was the way Bruce talks about the guns. I don´t know if I got it right. Need to watch it again.

I was feeling really bummed with it until the last two. The one with Killer Croc was decent, but the anime got tiresome. The art was great looking, and the dark eerie feeling was strong all the way through, but the movement, the animation was boring.
The last two were the best, but overall I would give this dvd 3 outta 5 stars.

I've gotta say, I really dislike anime. Strongly. I've always thought the animation was just crap.
But I still bought this DVD, and I still think its great.
Yes, its not my favorite style of animation, in fact, far from it.
But especially the Deadshot mini-film animates Batman much better than I expected, and the stories are well worth any odd animation techniques that the Japanese are fond of.
Batman TAS will always be my favorite, but Batman: Gotham Knight is well worth the money I paid for it, and I really enjoyed watching it.

I rented this and it didn't do a thing for me. Glad it was only a rental.
Nice attempt, but it's not a keeper, for sure.

Well, I gave this a rent, and it was horrible. It had terrible animation and ridiculous plot holes. Just an absolute abomination. A complete waste of 75 minutes.

The problem is clearly that it's six short stories rather than one larger one. None of the stories have any time to breathe or to go into any depth whatsoever. For instance, Crossfire is literally Batman rescuing some cops (from a crossfire), who disagree about whether he is a hero or not. And that's it. In Darkness Dwells is just a rescue scene that feels like the climax of a movie, not the middle part.

Gotham Knight is decent enough, but it's such a huge waste of potential.

absolute RUBBISH.
terrible animation, other than the deadshot bruce wayne all the other bruce waynes look about 10 years old so conway's voice didn't suit at all.
utter utter rubbish.

I can't believe i wasted 13 bucks of my harded earned money on this crap. What was the purpose of making this anyhow? Did they actually think this product was good? :csad:

I'm gonna sell mine BACK to Amazon

I can't believe i wasted 13 bucks of my harded earned money on this crap. What was the purpose of making this anyhow? Did they actually think this product was good? :csad:

I'm gonna sell mine BACK to Amazon

mine's going to computer games exchange.

superman: doomsday - brilliant
JL new frontier - brilliant
batman v dracula - brillant

batman gotham knight - utter utter RUBBISH
I think the superman brainiac movie was better than this rubbish and 'that' movie stunk the place out.

Superman-Brainiac better than this?! Don't get me wrong, GK was straight garbage with the exception of Deadshot, But Brainiac attacks is 100% grade A garbage. 2 different levels.

I bought this last night from my local asda -wallmart but when i got home i found the case still had its stupid anti-tampering tag on and the shop shut like 10mins after i left so now i have to wait till tomorrow before i can watch it:( damn me for goin thru the self-service checkouts!

Believe me, you might want to hold on to that receipt. It's NOT worth the money you spent. Rent it!

I just watched it and thought it was damn good. I think it would have been better if they just made one story in one style and not broken it up....probably. I did enjoy seeing the different takes on the characters though. It was just nice to see a Batman cartoon in a different style for once. I've had enough of the same thing for the last decade.

I'm not sure what all the complaining is about... it was absolutely clear from the trailer, what this would look like and be about. Seems some bought this thinking it would somehow be completely different.

Oh and Conway's voice ftw.

I had no problem with Conway's voice......but the stories.........they are just way to short! the Deadshot one was like 6 minutes only! And the others felt like filler episodes.

Wow! Maybe I am living on an other planet after all! I really liked Gotham Knight, the manga style fit perfectly with Batman, the idea of a short story was also good. I m sorry but if I compare this to superman doomsday or jla I preferred Gotham by far!

After all of the mediocre reviews I'll just rent this later today, I was going to buy it but I don't have $20 to waste for bad anime:o

I liked the movie...but I have to say the Deadshot part was the best one overall.
Totally agree.. I would love WB to make an adult animated series in the style of Deadshot and put it on HBO or something, that would be cool. I also loved Crossfire, Field Test and In Darkness dwells too.

I cant believe some people thought this movie was total crap! It did what it was supposed to do: fill in some of the gaps between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", and also went into more depth with the pyschy of Bruce Wayen/Batman and his moral stances. I wasnt looking for a complete feature film, I was looking for decent entertainment and something that would give me a better idea of what happend between the two movies. We got the Russians/mafia clashes, we got the scarecrow, we got the introduction to The Croc, we got a better idea of what happens with The Narrows after "Begins", and also added some emotional elements to the stories (I loved "Working Through Pain").

I'm proud to say that this is part of my DVD collection.

Socko! Where your punk ass been?! :cmad: :p

I was away saying hello to your mom:o:cwink:

So what did you think of TDK, Dock?

Totally agree.. I would love WB to make an adult animated series in the style of Deadshot and put it on HBO or something, that would be cool. I also loved Crossfire, Field Test and In Darkness dwells too.

As long as there are a few sex scenes, I'm goal.
You must live a rich and succesful life. :cwink:

:oldrazz::funny:

i liked all except for the 1st one.... a bunch of children arguing over Batman....

ridiculous... I WAS BORED FOR THE 1st 12 minutes of the movie

IN DARKNESS DWELLS....................... superb.

It's inevitably pure style-over-substance, but that's unavoidable when you have six short stories. It's all about who can make Batman look the coolest.

I enjoyed it on the simple level it presents itself. As some kind of appetiser for The Dark Knight, it's completely irrelevent and out-of-sinc with Nolan's take of the character. And Conroy's voice was all wrong, I believe a different voice artist should have been sued for each different version of Batman. There was an opportunity for five or six different Batman voices, which could have been so cool, some very deep and menacing, some very haunting and mysterious.....what a waste.

Batman__Gotham_Knight_Pics_5.jpg

gotham-knight-3.jpg

I love anime, I love Batman, I obviously ate this dvd for breakfast.

"I have a story for you" in particular gave me a great nostalgic feeling from the BTAS episode (not sure what its called)

Over all though, I still consider BTAS the one and only animated cartoon to do Batman any justice. Rent Gotham Knight and save your money for BTAS dvd's. And if you dont know what that is punch yourself in the *@#$

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"