gotham knight Review (spoilers)

Someone gave this to me as an Xmas present, and I have to say it's pretty poor. I think the Deadshot story was the highlight of the lot. The stories were too short and not given enough time to expand and breathe. It would have been much better if it had been one long story instead of several short ones.

And it was so bizarre to hear Kevin Conroy's Batman/Bruce Wayne voice coming out of an anime character.

I watched this some time ago and I never got a chance to give my review. I'll spare the long review and just be blunt. This was atrocious. All of the stories were much too short and the animation wasn't anything to write home about either. In addition he voice acting was terrible as well. Surprisingly KC did not do a good job with this.

I wish it had never been made honostly.

I actually like it. It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, but it wasn't bad either, except for the first story. I liked the segment with Killer Croc and Scarecrow the most, especially the design of the batsuit in that one.

But the movie reminded me a lot of that animated series episode, Legends Of The Dark Knight. That one was DEFIANTELY better.

I really like this dvd. My tastes include being a huge fan of BTAS, really liking both TB and BB, but not really caring for BATB (yet).

Most of the longer posts in this thread were very insightful and I either agree or at least see their points.

I really like the unique concept of seeing Batman from so many different perspectives in one place. I liked the ideas of short stand alone stories that still have loose tie ins to one another. That is was also at least loosely in the BB TDK universe is also a plus for me.

Starting with the wildly different perspectives of the children was a way of really opening our minds to a much broader view of what Batman is. Although it was a knockoff of the BTAS show, it was used here in a completely different context, and provided a good framework for the rest of the movie.

For me, the many portrayals of Batman creates a unique sense of realism, but in a completely different way than BB and TDK. The Nolan movies make Batman real by showing the how's and why's. GKs realism is based on the inability to know such a mysterious and illusive chararacter. If he was real, it would be this hard to figure out who and what he is (at least at this early stage).

Some specific things I liked were the realistic treatment of Crock, the Deadshot episode, the additional backstory of how Bruce is trained in the East, and the animation style of Crossfire, In Darkness Dwells, and Deadshot.

The things I found least appealing were the the animation style of "story" and the way Bruce looks in Field Test. I could figure out ways to make most of the scenes work, but the boy in "story" saving Batman seemed too pathetic.

My initial viewing left me quite disappointed. I've watched it about four times over the past six months, and I have overcome that initial disappointment to appreciate its uniqueness.

I found this a trifle dodgy - especially the animation. And the writing. And some of the acting - some actors seemed like they were unused to doing animation and sounded like they were reading their scripts (I'm looking at you Dourdan). I was disappointed in David McCallum as Alfred too - I expect more from someone whose father played on a Beatles album. Kevin Michael Richardson was a cool Fox though.

I don't see what's so wrong with the animation. The designs, sure. But the actual animation? I guess it depends on whether you dislike still frames or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"