gotham knight Review (spoilers)

The ending of "working through pain" with Batman in the sewer holding all the guns,maybe I'm just dumb but I was a bit perplexed as to the significance of that. Was it to show how driven he is or something? Somebody enlighten me!!

Batman is shown collecting all the guns that he is finding while waiting for Alfred to come rescue his ass out of the sewer. Then it cuts back to that chick telling him something like "I can't help you anymore, I don't think you want to overcome your pain", something to that effect. She told Bruce to leave because he had gotten all he wanted out of his training, he wanted to have his pain motivate him and empower him, he never wanted to work through the pain because to his crazy ass that would be like forgetting/failing his parents, or at least truly dealing with their death in a non-crazy way. As we all know, that doesn't work for Batman.

So Batman has all these guns in his hands which symbolize a few things, one being his pain like someone said, and also his crusade against crime that he cannot stop, motivated by his pain. Alfred is above him on the street looking down to Batman who is below in the dirty sewer and says "give me your hand". If Batman could let go of the guns, he could get out of the sewer, but he can't let go, so he stays there forever (metaphorically, in reality he goes on to beat the noise out of Deadshot and probably does some hookers later to celebrate/unwind).

It was the best story to me and the saving grace of the dvd, which otherwise was cool but unnecessary.

I was fairly disappointed. I ran out and bought it the day it came out. I thought it was gonna be a good loose prequel to TDK but all it ended up being was average at best. The best segment was "Deadshot". I wish I had rented it first. Anyone who still haven't seen it, rent it before you buy it.

If you're thinking of buying Gotham Knight, do yourself a favour and buy The Batman/Superman Movie instead. It is a thousand times more coherent, more entertaining and more watchable.

post-13936-1142307358.jpg

If you're thinking of buying Gotham Knight, do yourself a favour and buy The Batman/Superman Movie instead. It is a thousand times more coherent, more entertaining and more watchable.

post-13936-1142307358.jpg

It's just another "Timm-celebrating-Batman" movie :word:

i didn't like "have i got a story for you" at all.
i liked cross fire and the one with killer croc but the one that i thought was the best was the one with deadshot.

overall, it's not bad, but it's not great either.
to each their own.

My wife and I happen to find it to be utter shlock.

Your wife and you need to find another hobby, cause you obviously don't appreciate good comic book (short) stories. Can't believe a fan of batman wouldn't find this cavalcade of well written short stories set in Nolans Gotham to be a bad experience.

Tell me of one version of an animated Batman show that comes close to looking and telling its stories in such a mature and gritty fashion as Gotham knight does it.

The "crossfire" episode had my frickin jaw hit the ground.

Your wife and you need to find another hobby, cause you obviously don't appreciate good comic book (short) stories.

That's charming, insult the man and his wife, lovely.

That's charming, insult the man and his wife, lovely.

This is the insult.

These were the WORSE stories EVER. The animation was choppy and/or ugly, Bruce Wayne looked feminine, and the stories here were bland. Nothing remotely satisfying about this. Not worth a rental, let alone $22.00 at best buy.

My so called insult is explained to its fullest and in my opinion justifies my first sentence completely.

This is the insult.

My so called insult is explained to its fullest and in my opinion justifies my first sentence completely.

He didn't insult anybody. He gave his opinion on Gotham Knight, as we all are on this thread.

He didn't insult anybody. He gave his opinion on Gotham Knight, as we all are on this thread.

He insulted some of the best animated short stories ever made. Then I said perhaps he and his wife should find another hobby.

If that is an insult, then welcome to the internet.

He insulted some of the best animated short stories ever made.

That's just your opinion. Just because he and his wife don't agree with you doesn't mean you should diss them like that.

Grow up.

That's just your opinion. Just because he and his wife don't agree with you doesn't mean you should diss them like that.

Grow up.

I know it's his damn opinion. Im merely uttering mine. If you find my comment to be a harassment why don't you report it allready?

All I said was "find another hobby", because his arguments had no credibility what so ever and he didn't sound like the selfproclaimed comic book enthusiast he said he was.

Now stop beating this dead horse will ya?

I know it's his damn opinion. Im merely uttering mine. Why so serious you big baby?

Because I can't stand people who just have to insult others because they don't share the same opinion. And that breed of troll have short life spans around here.

Because I can't stand people who just have to insult others because they don't share the same opinion. And that breed of troll have short life spans around here.

So now Im a troll because I said get another hobby? So do you set yourself on fire when one person calls another person stupid, as they do in half the threads on this board?

So now Im a troll because I said get another hobby?

Definitely. You're basically telling him that he and his wife have lousy taste and they should do something else.

So do you set yourself on fire when one person calls another person stupid, as they do in half the threads on this board?

No, because believe it or not, I don't be here 24/7, and read every single thread in the place. Those I do usually come across have been dealt with by the moderators already.

LOL, he didn't 'insult' them, you can't insult a film. He criticised them.

In a insulting way.

Calling Gotham knight the worst stories ever has no place in reality and is an insult. If not to me then to the artists that created it. If you don't think so. Well that's all fine and dandy.

Now have a nice day beating this dead pony even more.

In a insulting way.

Calling Gotham knight the worst stories ever has no place in reality and is an insult. If not to me then to the artists that created it. If you don't think so. Well that's all fine and dandy.

Now have a nice day beating this dead pony even more.

You said Gotham Knight contains, "some of the best animated short stories ever made". He said, they "were the WORSE stories EVER."

Both opinions. Both pretty extreme opinions. Can you not understand that his is as valid as yours?

Oh, and I doubt the makers of Gotham Knight would be insulted by the fact that he didn't like it. As artists, they wouldn't take it personally, so why are you?

You said Gotham Knight contains, "some of the best animated short stories ever made". He said, they "were the WORSE stories EVER."

Both opinions. Both pretty extreme opinions. Can you not understand that his is as valid as yours?

Oh, and I doubt the makers of Gotham Knight would be insulted by the fact that he didn't like it. As artists, they wouldn't take it personally, so why are you?

Because im a troll? I'll stop here with admitting I made an insult. And ohh my did it piss some individuals off...

Again. Welcome to the internet post eaters. Oops, I did it again...

Because im a troll? I'll stop here with admitting I made an insult. And ohh my did it piss some individuals off...

Again. Welcome to the internet post eaters. Oops, I did it again...

No-one is pissed off except you. Joker and myself are simply telling you that you need to be more polite to other posters if you want to get on around here.

No-one is pissed off except you. Joker and myself are simply telling you that you need to be more polite to other posters if you want to get on around here.

I agree. From now on I'll try to act more mature. Can be difficult coming from other trash talk boards.

So. Please accept my apology.

Soender.

I agree. From now on I'll try to act more mature. Can be difficult coming from other trash talk boards.

So. Please accept my apology.

Soender.
Gotham Knight was ass except for the fifth story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"