• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Grant Curtis answered my question!!! Do you agree with him?

jimmylace

Civilian
Reaction score
okay, so this may not be deserving of it's own thread, but still.....I'm pretty happy about this. I think it's really cool that the SM3 crew go out of their way to keep their fans happy.

The question I asked probably got answered because it wasn't ZOMSK! ITS TEH VENUM! ; )

Dear Grant,

The anticipation for this movie is so great, I never thought for a million years that a Spider-Man movie could work, let alone become the biggest movie franchise in recent history.

Thank you for your efforts in bringing this character to life in such an entertaining way!

That said, my question is ...

why do you think there has been such an emphasis in Hollywood for turning comic-books into movies of late and what is it about the spider-man pictures that makes them the most successful in your opinion?... do you think that successful franchises, such as Spider-Man, have a negative knock-on effect on other studios which,
aiming for a similar level of success, become less likely to take risks on original material?

or do you think that the franchise is a positive thing for Hollywood? I'm sorry if it's a bit of a toughie but I though it'd be interesting to get a perspective from the guys that seem to have got it right!

Thanks
Jimmy

Really good questions. First off, I think Hollywood has turned to making comic book movies as of late because for the first time in history, due to the CG advances in the last 7 years, we have the ability to make them and make them well. Additionally, there is no denying that the comic book movies are doing really well at the box office - and this is a business after all. I think the Spider-Man movies are successful because we focus on Peter Parker first, his loves, this struggles, his fears, his triumphs, and then focus on the action. If you don't have a good story, you don't have anything.

I don't think that the success of franchises has a negative impact on the industry because at the end of the day you have to make a good story, franchise or not. You may have a great opening weekend, but if you have a mediocre story, your'e going to flame out in the second weekend. You can have a movie that opens at $25 million and still lose money. You have to have a movie with some legs and the story gives the movie its legs. It's all about story. Thanks for the great questions. Hope I've answered them, if not, write me back.
Grant

Where is this blog, I can't seem to find it...?

I think in the coming years, a lot of comic book films will start to lose big money.

jimmylace said:
okay, so this may not be deserving of it's own thread, but still.....I'm pretty happy about this. I think it's really cool that the SM3 crew go out of their way to keep their fans happy.

The question I asked probably got answered because it wasn't ZOMSK! ITS TEH VENUM! ; )

Dear Grant,

The anticipation for this movie is so great, I never thought for a million years that a Spider-Man movie could work, let alone become the biggest movie franchise in recent history.

Thank you for your efforts in bringing this character to life in such an entertaining way!

That said, my question is ...

why do you think there has been such an emphasis in Hollywood for turning comic-books into movies of late and what is it about the spider-man pictures that makes them the most successful in your opinion?... do you think that successful franchises, such as Spider-Man, have a negative knock-on effect on other studios which,
aiming for a similar level of success, become less likely to take risks on original material?

or do you think that the franchise is a positive thing for Hollywood? I'm sorry if it's a bit of a toughie but I though it'd be interesting to get a perspective from the guys that seem to have got it right!

Thanks
Jimmy

Really good questions. First off, I think Hollywood has turned to making comic book movies as of late because for the first time in history, due to the CG advances in the last 7 years, we have the ability to make them and make them well. Additionally, there is no denying that the comic book movies are doing really well at the box office - and this is a business after all. I think the Spider-Man movies are successful because we focus on Peter Parker first, his loves, this struggles, his fears, his triumphs, and then focus on the action. If you don't have a good story, you don't have anything.

I don't think that the success of franchises has a negative impact on the industry because at the end of the day you have to make a good story, franchise or not. You may have a great opening weekend, but if you have a mediocre story, your'e going to flame out in the second weekend. You can have a movie that opens at $25 million and still lose money. You have to have a movie with some legs and the story gives the movie its legs. It's all about story. Thanks for the great questions. Hope I've answered them, if not, write me back.
Grant
Wow, non-spoilers alert. :dry:

just go to the spider-man 3 official site- visit the blog, and post comment is near the top of the screen....

well, anyone that was asking plot details wasnt getting them answered so....but I think Grant Curtis is addressing the "4th Villain" and more on venom in his next update....

Wow. Loved Curtis' reply. And he is soo right. That's what makes the Spidey movies soo awesome.

It's the STORY. Beautifully executed. Perfectly told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"