• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Grant Curtis wants the Lizard

Anti-Venom

Civilian
Reaction score
Producer Grant Curtis says he wants the Lizard in Spidey 4!

lizardcuritsce5.png

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5760

"For me it's hard to beat the Lizard, it truly is. That's just me talking. I think the Lizard has got a great story of not only personal pain but also emotional pain, and trying to mask both of those, it's a strong storyline. The Lizard has always been a favorite of mine, even before working on these movies. I've always liked Kraven The Hunter, but he'd have to be used selectively. For me though it would have to be the Lizard."

Sounds good to me. I think the Lizard is the obvious choice for the next film. I hope they do it.

Great taste in villains that Grant has, go with your feelings Curtis, and convince Sam Raimi (or the new director)/Sony/Marvel that THE LIZARD is the way to go. And he's the next CLASSIC villain that most want to see.

I love the fact that he also mentioned one of my personal favorites, Kraven The Hunter, whom would compliment the THE LIZARD's story perfectly!

Awesome news. I was actually surprised they chose Sandman rather than the Lizard, in the third installment.

Go for it. Bring Tobey and Sam back while you're at it. Not Kirsten though. Get someone who's smarter than a crayon to play MJ's part.

Awesome news,especially how he also mentions Kraven.

Yeah, it pretty much sounds like Lizard & Kraven are all but official...

Great news. I have always considered the Lizard as well as the original Green Goblin as my personal favorite villians in the Spider-Man comics. I also dig the fact Curtis likes the idea of Kraven the Hunter, who would fit nicely with the Lizard in a Spider-Man sequel. After all, Kraven was one of only a handful of villians to defeat Spidey as he burried him alive...

My only complaint is that I think Dylan Baker's Connors needs to have a setup movie (assuming all the primary cast comes back), much like Harry Osborn had in SM2. I have always liked the possibility of SM4 having only one villian, and then having two in SM5. For example, the Scorpion could be used in the fourth movie,with a Connors/Lizard sub-plot. Think of it-someone else besides MJ could be kidnapped by the villian. In this case it could be JJJ by the Scorpion. Here's a way to get the J.K. Simmons more involved in the movies...

Producer Grant Curtis says he wants the Lizard in Spidey 4!

lizardcuritsce5.png

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5760

"For me it's hard to beat the Lizard, it truly is. That's just me talking. I think the Lizard has got a great story of not only personal pain but also emotional pain, and trying to mask both of those, it's a strong storyline. The Lizard has always been a favorite of mine, even before working on these movies. I've always liked Kraven The Hunter, but he'd have to be used selectively. For me though it would have to be the Lizard."

Sounds good to me. I think the Lizard is the obvious choice for the next film. I hope they do it.

The Lizard was obvious choice as soon as Doc Curt Conner's was introduced in movie 2 .

Of course he wants the Lizard. We all want the Lizard. He is one of Spider-Man's best villains, as he has an emotional impact on not only Spider-Man, but also Connor's family. Plus, he is a major physical threat. He provides much more than most Spider-Man villains can, and that is why he is one of Spidey's best villains.

Now, they better take Kraven as villain number 2, and not let the pressure to do Carnage place him in this movie (you know after Venom, the studio will want it).

So, does this confirm Lizard?

No not officially yet, (but it's pretty much the most obvious choice of the next supervillain , they set it up from since the introduction of actor Dylan Baker to the cast as Dr. Curt Connors in SPIDER-MAN 2 .)

Awesomeness:up: I hope they stop at 2 villains this time:o

Right on, they've been grooming that character ever since day one.

for spidey 4 I think their should be only one villain , (Lizzy/Doc Conner's story can hold the movie)

I don't think they have been grooming Connors since SM2. He was in it, sure, but so was John Jameson. Was he groomed for Man Wolf or bringing the symbiote to Earth? Answer, no. Now, the symbiote in Spider-Man 3 seems more like grooming him then SM2 (since the symbiote's biology may get Connor's interested in experimenting on his arm). In SM2, he was just there as a cool small character (much like Gwen Stacy in SM3, and I doubt she will be Peter's love in any movie).

Like I said, he hasn't been groomed by the cast and crew, but the fans have hyped him.

I don't think they have been grooming Connors since SM2. He was in it, sure, but so was John Jameson. Was he groomed for Man Wolf or bringing the symbiote to Earth? Answer, no. Now, the symbiote in Spider-Man 3 seems more like grooming him then SM2 (since the symbiote's biology may get Connor's interested in experimenting on his arm). In SM2, he was just there as a cool small character (much like Gwen Stacy in SM3, and I doubt she will be Peter's love in any movie).

Like I said, he hasn't been groomed by the cast and crew, but the fans have hyped him.

Actually , the Lizard was supposed to be featured in Spiderman 2 along with Doc Ok and Black Cat. That script was rejected and alot of Lizard's lines went to Doc Ock. Then with SM3 Raimi went with Sandman and New Goblin instead . No doubt he thought that people would see too many similarities between Ock and Lizard.

Actually , the Lizard was supposed to be featured in Spiderman 2 along with Doc Ok and Black Cat. That script was rejected and alot of Lizard's lines went to Doc Ock. Then with SM3 Raimi went with Sandman and New Goblin instead . No doubt he thought that people would see too many similarities between Ock and Lizard.

I know he was supposed to, but he was cut. Just because Connors stayed doesn't mean he was being groomed for later. In fact, the stole part of the Lizard's story and gave it to Ock, so if anything it was the opposite. But he wasn't groomed in SM2 to be the Lizard. If he was, he would have been the Lizard in SM3, or shown interest in doing something about his arm. Now, in SM3, we have a new organism that may spark his fancy and take him down that road.

But, like I said, there was no grooming in SM2.

Stan Lee and Curtis both want Lizard in #4, that along with Sam Raimi really liking the character pretty much confirms it. ;)

It's not like any of us really doubted that. Now we just need Sony to bring back Raimi, Tobey, and Kirsten back for just one more.

Yeah, Lizard for 4. I love how they have had Connors in this franchise since the beginning. Film one we hear a clear name drop about Peter getting fired, then movie 2 we actually meet him and so on... really gives the audience more of a connection to the guy, similar in a way to Harry Osborn- we already know him, which always, makes his transformation hard. It gives it that extra dramatic flair and audience connection the story needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"