• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Grant Curtis wants the Lizard

Ah, that brings a smile to my face. I am very pleased that my favorite Spidey villain or just plain supervillain (not the best, just my favorite) is finally coming to the screen. I've been waiting for this since SM2. And now we are finally getting it too, then.

Spider-Man 4 should focus on two things: The Lizard, and the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane. Maybe it can fit in the death of Captain Stacy, too.

The Lizard is one of the best villains in Spider-Man. He's always been a favorite of mine, and he has enough story to cover an entire movie. I'm sure of it. Dr. Conners shouldn't die at the end of the film, though. If one villain deserves a happy ending, it's Dr. Conners.

Spider-Man 4 should focus on two things: The Lizard, and the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane.

The Lizard is one of the best villains in Spider-Man. He's always been a favorite of mine, and he has enough story to cover an entire movie. I'm sure of it. Dr. Conners shouldn't die at the end of the film, though. If one villain deserves a happy ending, it's Dr. Conners.

Agreed

I still say it is way to early to bring the Lizard into the franchise. Dr. Connors should be given at least a 1/2 hour of screentime in SM4 to set up a future movie as the Lizard. Of course these are my opinions, and I would probably be a drooling fanboy seeing one of my favorite villians on the big screen.

I hope they just stick with one villain this time around.

Two lessons learned from SM3:
1. Less is more.
2. Don't try to please everyone.

Lizard is one of my favorite Marvel villains. I think his origin story is the most interesting.

I'm just not sure if Dylan Baker can play him. He was good for a few cameos because he looks like Conners in the original comic. But I'm not sure if he'll be good for an entire movie.

He has a personal relationship with Parker, and he's a Stan Lee character. Right up Raimi's alley. I wonder if Parker will be involved with the experiment that makes him the Lizard?

I don't think multiple villians hurt SM3, it was the blasted critics. I for one enjoyed the movie, and many of my friends who are non-Spidey fans also enjoyed despite being skeptical of the mixed reviews. So yeah, the idea of a Lizard/Kraven story would fit perfectly.

He's been introduced in SM2 and played a significant supporting role in SM3. It's time, now.

Yeah, I would hope they keep Conners alive. (I can't believe they killed Doc Ock and Venom, but kept Sandman alive, grrrr)

So yeah, the idea of a Lizard/Kraven story would fit perfectly.

I just don't think there is a need for an extra villain. The Lizard's search for a cure and the strain it puts on his family can fill up one movie. And, as someone else suggested, they can also do Peter and MJ's marriage and maybe even death of a Stacy. At least, they can do more with Gwen's character hopefully. They arleady established in SM3 that she and Parker and partners in Conners' class.

That sounds like it could be a fine movie. No need to clutter it with an extra villain. Save Kraven for later.

Sure, his character has been established in SM2 and SM3, but what else has he done? There is no indication of Connor's being interested in Lizard research besides a small glimpse of a lizard skeleton in the background of the scene where he examines the symbiote in SM3. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but I feel he needs more screen time before becomming a villian.

Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but I feel he needs more screen time before becomming a villian.

Octavius was introduced in Spidey 2 and became a villain, and it was fine. Conners has had cameos in two films, and of course he'll have more screentime in the beginning of SM4. I see no problem.

Spider-Man 4 should focus on two things: The Lizard, and the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane. Maybe it can fit in the death of Captain Stacy, too.

Well said. :up:

Fewer villains, yes. One villain, no. After Spider-Man 3, you've upped the ante too much to back it down to one villain, especially if your one villain isn't really evil.

It's gotta be Lizard and Kraven. Granted, you keep the dramatic focus on Lizard, and you tone down Kraven's comic book-ness significantly, but it would be a waste not to put them both in there.

And keep in mind, the problem with SM3 wasn't that it had three villains, it's that it had three main villains. As long as there's a clear dramatic focus, it's fine.

This is music to my ears...or to my eyes...what ever. Great news! It would be a dream come true if we got Lizard and Kraven, (which I'm kind of surprised that Curtis name-dropped these 2 characters). If we get the lizard alone, I'm still happy but having Kraven too, will just be icing on a really fat cake.

I think lizard's time is now, as has been said before, he's a classic villain, his story is already big and deep enough for the movie makers to not worry about taking another villain and give him/her some sort of sob-story that connects Peter to them. Seeing as Curtis is co producer on these movies, here's hoping he pushes, argh! screw it, FORCES his thoughts and ideas on the matter.

Sure, his character has been established in SM2 and SM3, but what else has he done? There is no indication of Connor's being interested in Lizard research besides a small glimpse of a lizard skeleton in the background of the scene where he examines the symbiote in SM3. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but I feel he needs more screen time before becomming a villian.

Did you see sm2? :o

I don't want Pete and MJ getting married in sm4, I just don't think the time is right. Personally, I want a bigger exploration of the peter/mj/gwen love triangle in sm4 and I also think it'll be a great idea to have the lizard kill Captain Stacey, seeing as Doc Ock has copped it.

Conners shouldn't die at the end of the film, though. If one villain deserves a happy ending, it's Dr. Conners.

Agreed.

i saw on comic book movie that carnage and lizard are the main villians in spidey 4

That's most likely to be speculative ideas. Although, with Conners still in possesion of a piece of the symbiot, it's not a crazy idea to assume carnage could be in sm4...even though I hope to God he's not.

If they killed Connors, not only would fans be angry but so would the audience. He is a villain you are not supposed to want to die, and indeed have a happy ending. Anything but a happy ending for Curt is a mistake.

And I doubt he will be the movie's only villain. After 3, I doubt we are going back to the one villain formula (though the Lizard could easily carry his own movie).

Did you see sm2? :o

Yes I did. Connors only had about five minutes worth of screentime in SM2. Once again, I feel his character has not yet been developed as it could or should have been with movies two and three. These are just my opinions though.

great news!!, The Lizard is a great Villian to use in Spidey4 and it's great to know that Grant Curtis wants The Lizard in Spidey4!:up::spidey:.

Yes I did. Connors only had about five minutes worth of screentime in SM2. Once again, I feel his character has not yet been developed as it could or should have been with movies two and three. These are just my opinions though.

I asked if you had seen sm2 because Doc Ock had no screen time what so ever prior to sm2 and is arguably one of the best if not the best villain of the series.

That's most likely to be speculative ideas. Although, with Conners still in possesion of a piece of the symbiot, it's not a crazy idea to assume carnage could be in sm4...even though I hope to God he's not.
Iv heard that no matter what carnage will not be in any film, apparenty too blood thursty,vishious --->if thts how u spell it lol, but thts what i heard..

Well, I hope venom fans have learned their lesson because it was due to them that Arad pushed for venom to be in the movie in the 1st place. Now they know, what to expect if a hardcore, more sinister version of venom is thrown into a movie, especially if there's more than 1 villain.
Personally, I felt a lot more could've been done with venom/brock, especially if he was the only villain but whatever, I'm not a crazed venom fan and thought his use in sm3 was enough to at least entertain me.

I asked if you had seen sm2 because Doc Ock had no screen time what so ever prior to sm2 and is arguably one of the best if not the best villain of the series.

Yes, Dr. Octopus was one of the better villians of the movies. The point behind my reasoning of not wanting Connors as the Lizard in SM4 is because there has been no indication of him being interested in lizard DNA to create a regeneration serum for human limbs.

I know Doc Ocks origin was explained and altered in SM2, but there was only one villian in that movie. To me, the character of Dr. Connors closely resembles that of Harry Osborn in the movies. Harry had little screen time in SM1, became more of a distinguished character in SM2, and became a full villian/anti-hero in SM3. My point is that Connors has not been explained enough to the ordinary movie-going audience. For all they know, he is just Peter's one-armed physics professor from SM2 and SM3. Don't get me wrong, the Lizard is one of my favorite villians, but I still feel it is too early to make him become a primary antagonist in the next Spider-Man film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"