• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Grant Curtis wants the Lizard

Last time I checked, Avi Arad is out. He's been replaced by some dousche who strongly suggested that, for the Iron Man movie, two villains be combined into one to save money.

^
Where do they get these guys.

If it is two similar ones (like Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo for example) what's the problem? They never said it was Mandarin and Iron Monger being combined. I am waiting to hear who was he trying to combine.

I doubt Jon Favreau would have had two villains that similar planned for one movie, and I doubt he had any villains planned other than Stane and Mandarin.

God, producers are dumb. Essentially, their job is to make sure movies make money, yet even that seems to be clouded by their complete and utter contempt for the average moviegoer. History shows, time and time again, that making a GOOD movie will maximize profits... dumbing movies down never makes the movie more successful than it would have been. Prime example? League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. They spent the extra effort to come up with a completely new script in order to make sure the movie was dumb enough for audiences, rather than making a fairly faithful adapation, and the movie ends up sucking and making less money than it would have been if it was a legitimately good movie. And let's face it, if LXG was a legitimately good movie, the action and intriguing concept would have brought audiences to the theatres.

But no. I sometimes think that movie producers are the worst kind of cynic, and they have an utter contempt for all of humanity. They aren't evil, but their hearts have been blackened and they no longer have the ability to feel love. The pursuit of money is all they have left, yet the hate and their heart impedes them even in that goal.

How sad.

They should start making movies without producers.

^
I can just imagine him doing the same thing telling Raimi to put in Carnage and then later we find out that Raimi had to take Kraven out to put Carnage in.

Then in SM5 Avi could be trying to ge the director to put in Toxin or some other symbiote villain again.

Or wolverine.

I doubt Jon Favreau would have had two villains that similar planned for one movie, and I doubt he had any villains planned other than Stane and Mandarin.

God, producers are dumb. Essentially, their job is to make sure movies make money, yet even that seems to be clouded by their complete and utter contempt for the average moviegoer. History shows, time and time again, that making a GOOD movie will maximize profits... dumbing movies down never makes the movie more successful than it would have been. Prime example? League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. They spent the extra effort to come up with a completely new script in order to make sure the movie was dumb enough for audiences, rather than making a fairly faithful adapation, and the movie ends up sucking and making less money than it would have been if it was a legitimately good movie. And let's face it, if LXG was a legitimately good movie, the action and intriguing concept would have brought audiences to the theatres.

But no. I sometimes think that movie producers are the worst kind of cynic, and they have an utter contempt for all of humanity. They aren't evil, but their hearts have been blackened and they no longer have the ability to feel love. The pursuit of money is all they have left, yet the hate and their heart impedes them even in that goal.

How sad.

I never said that he was using similar villains in the same movie, I am saying maybe he took aspects of several armored characters that are similar to make one. I doubt the idea thrown was make the Iron Mandarin (and if it was, I have lost faith in the producers for Marvel Studios).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"