Ghostbusters 3 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has mentioned the big daddy of them all,my personal favorite: John Rambo: Scarred Vietnam vet to cartoon/action figure.

So if this hasn't been seen, Cryptozoic is using Kickstarter to crowdfund a Ghostbusters board game. They've quadrupled their goal and have been adding crazy add-ons from the comics, movies, and cartoons (the only absence being Viggo...so far).

They're down to the final 66 hours of the campaign and the pledges have hit nearly $75k in the last day or so.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/ghostbusters-the-board-game/description

Channing Tatum May Headline a Ghostbusters Film From the Russo Brothers

A surprise move on the part of Sony Pictures, Deadline has just revealed that development is underway on a new Ghostbusters film separate from the one that Paul Feig is directing. According to the outlet, Captain America: The Winter Solider helmers Joe and Anthony Russo are tentatively planning to helm with Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce providing the screenplay. What’s more, Channing Tatum will produce and likely star with the plot following an idea Tatum has been developing with Dan Aykroyd!

“We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment,” Ivan Reitman tells the outlet. “This is a branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig’s film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July, 2016. He’s got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers’ next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following hear. It’s just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies.”

Described as a “counterpart” to Feig’s Ghostbusters, details are currently few and we’re not quite sure yet whether this new film will be branching out of the world of the reboot or whether it will have ties back to Reitman’s original two Ghostbusters features. The news does arrive simultaneously with the announcement of Ghost Corps, a new company from Reitman and Aykroyd being established at Sony with an aim to explore Ghostbusters merchandising opportunities, including potential television tie-ins.

Feig’s take on the property is said to be targeting a scarier tone that will not maintain any continuity with the original film or its 1989 sequel (or the surprisingly continuity-heavy animated series “The Real Ghostbusters,” for that matter). Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon are set to headline the July 22, 2016 release.

It's like after years of scripts going nowhere, Sony have gone full ****** and decided to make all of them.

This is amazing. This film is getting duel reboots!

A Ghostbusters shared universe! Awesome!

Next up: The Caddyshack Saga

This is quite a turn of events.

The idea of a Ghostbusters shared universe is intriguing.

Devin Faraci says he's heard from multiple people that the script for the female Ghostbusters is awful.

That was unexpected. But awesome. Definitely awesome.

A TV show?

MERCHANDISE???

Channing Tatum May Headline a Ghostbusters Film From the Russo Brothers

A surprise move on the part of Sony Pictures, Deadline has just revealed that development is underway on a new Ghostbusters film separate from the one that Paul Feig is directing. According to the outlet, Captain America: The Winter Solider helmers Joe and Anthony Russo are tentatively planning to helm with Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce providing the screenplay. What’s more, Channing Tatum will produce and likely star with the plot following an idea Tatum has been developing with Dan Aykroyd!

“We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment,” Ivan Reitman tells the outlet. “This is a branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig’s film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July, 2016. He’s got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers’ next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following hear. It’s just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies.”

Described as a “counterpart” to Feig’s Ghostbusters, details are currently few and we’re not quite sure yet whether this new film will be branching out of the world of the reboot or whether it will have ties back to Reitman’s original two Ghostbusters features. The news does arrive simultaneously with the announcement of Ghost Corps, a new company from Reitman and Aykroyd being established at Sony with an aim to explore Ghostbusters merchandising opportunities, including potential television tie-ins.

Feig’s take on the property is said to be targeting a scarier tone that will not maintain any continuity with the original film or its 1989 sequel (or the surprisingly continuity-heavy animated series “The Real Ghostbusters,” for that matter). Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon are set to headline the July 22, 2016 release.

And Bill Murray will still say no.

Channing Tatum is an interesting choice. He's proven that he has good comedic timing, so it could work.

Russo's and Drew Pearce? Well this is the best news I've heard in awhile for this franchise :up:

Devin Faraci says he's heard from multiple people that the script for the female Ghostbusters is awful.

Probably because Feig wanted the film to be "Melissa McCarthy centric"

Why doesn't Feig come out and announce that Melissa will star in his next 100 movies?

I've seen 21 Jump Street. Channing Tatum? No thanks.

I'd be excited for someone like Bill Hader or Taran Killam.

Ghostbusters shared universe?

kUkfqvN.gif

WTF

Superhero movies are officially destroying cinema.

Nice job everyone.

Champagne_toast_glasses_800w_600h.jpg

Don't blame superheroes, blame unimaginative bandwagon-jumping executives.

Which would have been the only reason we got GHOSTBUSTERS 3/a reboot anyway. Its what sells of late.

Yeah this sounds like a sour grapes move(movie).

You make nothing in 25 years. Nothing! And don't blame Murray. Ramis passes away sealing the end of G3. We get a fresh concept a La all females and theres new excitement at the fact that its actually a 'Go Picture'……
….and now, they want to make some Ghostbusters universe. Talk about Cannibalism!!

Let the girls do the reboot, see how it does, then proceed….carefully. Or just give it up and let them do 1 or 2 sequels.
TV shows, really??

Last edited:
Police Academy Cinematic Universe!

Thats a great concept. I love it. :)

I also think we should have..

Beverly Hills Cops!!

Multiple black cops from different cities caught up in a crime conspiracy in beverly hills. We could have 3 seperate movies leading up to a combined avengers style cop movie with Axel Foley as the leader.

Are people really complaining about a potential Russos Ghostbusters film? This forum has the worst geeks. :funny:

You know, I gotta get something off my chest.

I'm not a huge fan of this Paul Feig reboot, because I hate Melissa McCarthy and I don't like Feig as a director, or even Kristen Wiig for that matter... BUT, I've always fully supported a female Ghostbusters film and have said several times in this thread that we need someone like Emma Stone or Amy Poehler or Tina Fey. So my lack of support for the Female Reboot doesn't stem from misogyny, it stems from just not liking the people involved.

Having said that, this "Separate Channing Tatum Reboot" announcement sounds likes full-blown sexism. They're stealing the steam from the Paul Feig movie. They're undermining / undercutting it. It sounds like, "Eh, these women probably can't carry their own film, so let's get Macho Man Channing Tatum to star in the REAL reboot. Let's get the BOYS in here for the real thing."

Eh ... maybe I'm wrong. It just strikes me that way. Not too happy about the whole situation. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"