Great Hera... It's the Wonder Woman Villains thread!

Thewlis isn't very physically imposing, so it'd be a good disguise for Ares.

I have a very strong feeling that Ares is in this. Heroic Hollywood's previous scoop about the sword seems to be corroborated by the new image.

Definitely hope Ares is in this and that his true appearance resembles Sauron

I have a very strong feeling that Ares is in this. Heroic Hollywood's previous scoop about the sword seems to be corroborated by the new image.

Definitely hope Ares is in this and that his true appearance resembles Sauron

I don't want Ares to look like a humanoid Pteradactyl.

Sauron doesn't look like that and Ares never has either

There's a Sauron in X-Men comics?

I'm mostly familiar with Claremont's era, though (waiting for someone to tell me it is from his era).

Sauron is the best!

4ae7049dde4df8334644639bcae6c4ac.jpg

Damn, my comics cred has been challenged.. to be fair, I'm a DC guy. I like their movies and tv, but I've never been able to get into Marvel comics

The weirder thing is, Sauron is an *X-Men villain*, primarily and originally.

Spanish movie critic James Wallestein claims to have an exclusive scoop on the main villain of Wonder Woman. I have no idea if this guy is credible.

It's Ares in his Injustice costume.

[YT]1rlZk8sxVk8[/YT]

No hablo español, so I'll take your word for it.

I'm not inclined to take his word, though.

Looks like

classic Ares from Perez's era.

I think we'll get a modified version of the Injustice look

search

Was looking at IMDB a certain actor's Stunt Double is Richard Cetrone (aka Batfleck's Stunt double)

I'm starting to think
David Thewlis is Ares

Here's a sketch of what Ares supposedly looks like

C1eaf7ZUQAA3uSA.jpg:large

Last edited:
Spanish movie critic James Wallestein claims to have an exclusive scoop on the main villain of Wonder Woman. I have no idea if this guy is credible.

It's Ares in his Injustice costume.

[YT]1rlZk8sxVk8[/YT]

This is from his twitter account.

Ares - Wonder Woman nemesis in Film 2017 - sketch of the real look of Ares in the movie! @mundojameswalle
C1nTfVyUUAAXGN9.jpg

C1eaf7ZUQAA3uSA.jpg

When were these drawings posted? Because he could have made them after seeing those action figures.

@brandeezy89

You put the wrong part under spoiler tag, mate.

Was looking at IMDB a certain actor's Stunt Double is Richard Cetrone (aka Batfleck's Stunt double)

I'm starting to think
David Thewlis is Ares

Here's a sketch of what Ares supposedly looks like

C1eaf7ZUQAA3uSA.jpg:large

Nice sketch, if you did that. That helmet makes me think of The Kurgan from The Highlander.

I have a question for comic readers. Is Ares the ultimate villain in her lore? Do other Greek gods like Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades show up at times? Is everyone like.. Apollo etc. considered to be real in most of the comics?

He's certainly the most powerful. He's probably her arch-foe simply because he's the God of War and she's all about both war and seeking peace.

Yes. They do show up, in various incarnations. Most of the Greek Gods have a role in the modern interpretations of the mythology and are considered to be real beings. They're portrayed as sort of a dysfunctional mob family in the most recent incarnation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"