Greatest Martial Artist of All Time

rodhulk

Superhero
Reaction score
No, it's not Fedor of MMA or Bruce Lee.

It's Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido.

He was said to have:

-Been shot at and gave out a loud yell which caused the bullets to stop and drop in front of him. (not saying I believe that but........ reports say he did).

- Showed real ninjutsu skill by disappearing and appearing somewhere else. It's been said that nobody else, not even another ninja and not even the best ninja ever, could actually do this.

- Was able to throw people and even 'pin' them without touching them. People claimed they always felt something, but Morihei never touched them (apparent video of this).

- Was able to throw a dozen men down to the ground at the exact same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several american troops at the same time and yet not one of them could touch him. It ended with the american troops getting tired and calling it quits. Morihei did not try to hurt any of them and just let them keep trying to get him. Oh, and he was not ready or knew about this attack. It was planned by the americans as they heard Morihei was undefeatable and nobody could touch him and beat him, even in groups attacking at the same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several high ranking kendo swordsmen at the same time. All were defeated without even touching Morihei even once with their wooden swords.

- After some deep spiritual meditation and supposed talking with a spirit of a founder of a specific weapon, mastered the weapon overnight so as to teach a student the weapon (as the student had asked Morihei to learn the weapon).

- Claimed to see red lines just before an attack so that he always knew the attack a split of a second before the attack.

- Claimed that God's spoke to him warning him of an attack (so he was always ready). An example that a student gave was that when he and many others were training with Morihei, he was planning on doing a sneak attack on Morihei and just when he was about to attack Morihei, Morihei's eyes grew wide open and Morihei looked at the student knowing his intentions. The student obviously never attacked Morihei.

- Once he reached a certain level at around age 40 or 50, it was said nobody was ever able to touch him again unless he let them. Even in a crowded shopping district or train, he would somehow never bump into anybody (and nobody bumping into him). Probably why the kendo swordsmen, the american soldiers, and even his own students (among everybody else) couldn't lay a hand on him.

- He was able to disarm any attacker with any weapon.

- Had people, even the police, and in groups, pin him any way they wanted and to try and keep him pinned. Morihei always broke free instantly. People described it as some type of power they just couldn't resist.

There are other things as well such as Morihei defeating top Judo fighters instantly (many who became Morihei's students afterwards), and so many other things.

Again, I don't know what is true and what isn't, but there are stories with Morihei that I just can't find with any other martial artist that if they're true, even just half of them, then Morihei is, in my opinion, the greatest martial artist of all time.

If you think somebody else, please mention who.

what a load of b.s. !! they always make people out to be gods , im sure he was good but his entire life has probably been exagerrated.

what a load of b.s. !! they always make people out to be gods , im sure he was good but his entire life has probably been exagerrated.
It could be. Of course, I really don't believe alot of it but I also believe these Japanese masters of the past had knowledge/techniques/power we just don't see today.

I wonder what belt you have to be to learn that dropping bullets in air thing..

Biggest load of BS I ever read

Uh-Uhhhh...everyone knows Chuck Norris is the best:woot:

Biggest load of BS I ever read
Most/all of what I wrote is in a book called ABUNDANT PEACE written by John Stevens, an aikidoka and some type of priest who lives in Japan.

This stuff sounds ridiculous. Sorry but I don't believe this at all.

I wonder what belt you have to be to learn that dropping bullets in air thing..

It better be a magic belt.

These people are capable of extraordinary things .. just not that extraordinary.

the bullet thing threw me for a loop, you totally lost me with the disappearing trick. most of those points are ridiculously unbelievable, even by Shaolin Monk standards.

Most/all of what I wrote is in a book called ABUNDANT LIFE written by John Stevens, an aikidoka and some type of priest who lives in Japan.

and they can't write fiction?

Obviously it can't all be true, there are rules. I do believe in the concept of Qi, and certain individuals' ability to control their own Qi to amazing extremes.

Obviously it can't all be true, there are rules. I do believe in the concept of Qi, and certain individuals' ability to control their own Qi to amazing extremes.
Yeah, Morihei was said to have the highest levels of 'ki' (japanese wording) beyond any person that ever lived, hence why he was supposedly able to do what he did.

um no....Shaolin Monks develop their ki their whole lives and aren't able to do half the stuff you listed.

No, it's not Fedor of MMA or Bruce Lee.

It's Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido.

He was said to have:

-Been shot at and gave out a loud yell which caused the bullets to stop and drop in front of him. (not saying I believe that but........ reports say he did).

- Showed real ninjutsu skill by disappearing and appearing somewhere else. It's been said that nobody else, not even another ninja and not even the best ninja ever, could actually do this.

- Was able to throw people and even 'pin' them without touching them. People claimed they always felt something, but Morihei never touched them (apparent video of this).

- Was able to throw a dozen men down to the ground at the exact same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several american troops at the same time and yet not one of them could touch him. It ended with the american troops getting tired and calling it quits. Morihei did not try to hurt any of them and just let them keep trying to get him. Oh, and he was not ready or knew about this attack. It was planned by the americans as they heard Morihei was undefeatable and nobody could touch him and beat him, even in groups attacking at the same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several high ranking kendo swordsmen at the same time. All were defeated without even touching Morihei even once with their wooden swords.

- After some deep spiritual meditation and supposed talking with a spirit of a founder of a specific weapon, mastered the weapon overnight so as to teach a student the weapon (as the student had asked Morihei to learn the weapon).

- Claimed to see red lines just before an attack so that he always knew the attack a split of a second before the attack.

- Claimed that God's spoke to him warning him of an attack (so he was always ready). An example that a student gave was that when he and many others were training with Morihei, he was planning on doing a sneak attack on Morihei and just when he was about to attack Morihei, Morihei's eyes grew wide open and Morihei looked at the student knowing his intentions. The student obviously never attacked Morihei.

- Once he reached a certain level at around age 40 or 50, it was said nobody was ever able to touch him again unless he let them. Even in a crowded shopping district or train, he would somehow never bump into anybody (and nobody bumping into him). Probably why the kendo swordsmen, the american soldiers, and even his own students (among everybody else) couldn't lay a hand on him.

- He was able to disarm any attacker with any weapon.

- Had people, even the police, and in groups, pin him any way they wanted and to try and keep him pinned. Morihei always broke free instantly. People described it as some type of power they just couldn't resist.

There are other things as well such as Morihei defeating top Judo fighters instantly (many who became Morihei's students afterwards), and so many other things.

Again, I don't know what is true and what isn't, but there are stories with Morihei that I just can't find with any other martial artist that if they're true, even just half of them, then Morihei is, in my opinion, the greatest martial artist of all time.

If you think somebody else, please mention who.

LOL-Doggie.jpg

Sounds like Chuck Norris...
I mean, his tears cure Cancer...screw Ninjitsu...they cure CANCER!

the best martial artists would probably never allow anyone to know he was the best martial artist and has probably lived and died without causing too much fuss...

Rodhulk, most of the claims you describe are physically impossible. That is to say that they're inconsistent with our understanding of physics, which is extremely well researched. Maybe scientists are wrong about obscure points like what dark matter is made of, but there's no way they're wrong about basic facts like humans not having magical powers of telekinesis or teleportation.

As the saying goes: extreme claims require extreme proof. What's the proof here? The feats for which you claim a video exists could easily be faked (i.e., the guys being thrown to the ground could be actors throwing themselves to the ground.) As for the others, word of mouth is notoriously unreliable. Police have found that even first-hand eye witness reports are often inaccurate, and these reports are more likely third or fifth hand (if not worse).

We have one explanation that's perfectly consistent with the known laws of physics: It's a bunch of false rumors and faked evidence. We have another explanation that's widely inconsistent with the known laws of physics: The guy had magical superpowers. Which do you think is more likely?

the best martial artists would probably never allow anyone to know he was the best martial artist and has probably lived and died without causing too much fuss...

Agreed.

Some of the best martial artists would probably have been the ninja who killed without so much as a noise or trace of their existence. Including the kunoichi.

Also, my former sensei trained under Osensei and he did tell more believable, yet still amazing, tales of what the man could do.

Sounds like Chuck Norris...
I mean, his tears cure Cancer...screw Ninjitsu...they cure CANCER!
Great, now you're gonna get us all sued! Thanks, Malice!

As the saying goes: extreme claims require extreme proof. What's the proof here? The feats for which you claim a video exists could easily be faked (i.e., the guys being thrown to the ground could be actors throwing themselves to the ground.) As for the others, word of mouth is notoriously unreliable. Police have found that even first-hand eye witness reports are often inaccurate, and these reports are more likely third or fifth hand (if not worse).
There was even a video posted here, I beleive, of a supposed master who could drop opponents like flies without even touching them. And then the vidoe went on to show him challenging another master, and getting his arse handed to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"