Greatest Martial Artist of All Time

No, it's not Fedor of MMA or Bruce Lee.

It's Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido.

He was said to have:

-Been shot at and gave out a loud yell which caused the bullets to stop and drop in front of him. (not saying I believe that but........ reports say he did).

- Showed real ninjutsu skill by disappearing and appearing somewhere else. It's been said that nobody else, not even another ninja and not even the best ninja ever, could actually do this.

- Was able to throw people and even 'pin' them without touching them. People claimed they always felt something, but Morihei never touched them (apparent video of this).

- Was able to throw a dozen men down to the ground at the exact same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several american troops at the same time and yet not one of them could touch him. It ended with the american troops getting tired and calling it quits. Morihei did not try to hurt any of them and just let them keep trying to get him. Oh, and he was not ready or knew about this attack. It was planned by the americans as they heard Morihei was undefeatable and nobody could touch him and beat him, even in groups attacking at the same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several high ranking kendo swordsmen at the same time. All were defeated without even touching Morihei even once with their wooden swords.

- After some deep spiritual meditation and supposed talking with a spirit of a founder of a specific weapon, mastered the weapon overnight so as to teach a student the weapon (as the student had asked Morihei to learn the weapon).

- Claimed to see red lines just before an attack so that he always knew the attack a split of a second before the attack.

- Claimed that God's spoke to him warning him of an attack (so he was always ready). An example that a student gave was that when he and many others were training with Morihei, he was planning on doing a sneak attack on Morihei and just when he was about to attack Morihei, Morihei's eyes grew wide open and Morihei looked at the student knowing his intentions. The student obviously never attacked Morihei.

- Once he reached a certain level at around age 40 or 50, it was said nobody was ever able to touch him again unless he let them. Even in a crowded shopping district or train, he would somehow never bump into anybody (and nobody bumping into him). Probably why the kendo swordsmen, the american soldiers, and even his own students (among everybody else) couldn't lay a hand on him.

- He was able to disarm any attacker with any weapon.

- Had people, even the police, and in groups, pin him any way they wanted and to try and keep him pinned. Morihei always broke free instantly. People described it as some type of power they just couldn't resist.

There are other things as well such as Morihei defeating top Judo fighters instantly (many who became Morihei's students afterwards), and so many other things.

Again, I don't know what is true and what isn't, but there are stories with Morihei that I just can't find with any other martial artist that if they're true, even just half of them, then Morihei is, in my opinion, the greatest martial artist of all time.

If you think somebody else, please mention who.

But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

I dunno. I'm not as skeptical as most people but I'm not gullible either. I believe that it is possible there could be people that do that but until I see it with my own eyes or experience it, I'm not a believer. I'm not saying it's impossible and I'm not saying it's all that possible either. Human beings tend to believe we know everything when everything we know is probably like...10% of what is really out there, and that's being generous.

So for now I'll say cool and that guy sounds awesome. :up: :yay:

I dunno. I'm not as skeptical as most people but I'm not gullible either. I believe that it is possible there could be people that do that but until I see it with my own eyes or experience it, I'm not a believer. I'm not saying it's impossible and I'm not saying it's all that possible either. Human beings tend to believe we know everything when everything we know is probably like...10% of what is really out there, and that's being generous.

I feel the exact way you do too. I believe it might be possible but since I wasn't there, I just don't know.

Morihei_Ueshiba101.jpg
That's the man, Morihei Ueshiba!

You have no idea what you are talking about. Select any of the classic "Sword Immortals" for old school China, or pretty much any of the grandmaster's of Ninjutsu, although Ninjutsu is only partly about the martial arts, as it focuses on psychology, alchemy and advanced mathematics among other things.

I hate it when people who don't have a clue what they're talking about make claims without any forethought.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Select any of the classic "Sword Immortals" for old school China, or pretty much any of the grandmaster's of Ninjutsu, although Ninjutsu is only partly about the martial arts, as it focuses on psychology, alchemy and advanced mathematics among other things.

I hate it when people who don't have a clue what they're talking about make claims without any forethought.
You haven't read anything about Morihei, have you?

He was said to have:

-Been shot at and gave out a loud yell which caused the bullets to stop and drop in front of him. (not saying I believe that but........ reports say he did).

- Showed real ninjutsu skill by disappearing and appearing somewhere else. It's been said that nobody else, not even another ninja and not even the best ninja ever, could actually do this.

- Was able to throw people and even 'pin' them without touching them. People claimed they always felt something, but Morihei never touched them (apparent video of this).

- Was able to throw a dozen men down to the ground at the exact same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several american troops at the same time and yet not one of them could touch him. It ended with the american troops getting tired and calling it quits. Morihei did not try to hurt any of them and just let them keep trying to get him. Oh, and he was not ready or knew about this attack. It was planned by the americans as they heard Morihei was undefeatable and nobody could touch him and beat him, even in groups attacking at the same time (apparent video of this).

- Was attacked by several high ranking kendo swordsmen at the same time. All were defeated without even touching Morihei even once with their wooden swords.

- After some deep spiritual meditation and supposed talking with a spirit of a founder of a specific weapon, mastered the weapon overnight so as to teach a student the weapon (as the student had asked Morihei to learn the weapon).

- Claimed to see red lines just before an attack so that he always knew the attack a split of a second before the attack.

- Claimed that God's spoke to him warning him of an attack (so he was always ready). An example that a student gave was that when he and many others were training with Morihei, he was planning on doing a sneak attack on Morihei and just when he was about to attack Morihei, Morihei's eyes grew wide open and Morihei looked at the student knowing his intentions. The student obviously never attacked Morihei.

- Once he reached a certain level at around age 40 or 50, it was said nobody was ever able to touch him again unless he let them. Even in a crowded shopping district or train, he would somehow never bump into anybody (and nobody bumping into him). Probably why the kendo swordsmen, the american soldiers, and even his own students (among everybody else) couldn't lay a hand on him.

- Had people, even the police, and in groups, pin him any way they wanted and to try and keep him pinned. Morihei always broke free instantly. People described it as some type of power they just couldn't resist.

There are other things as well such as Morihei defeating top Judo fighters instantly (many who became Morihei's students afterwards), and so many other things.

Again, I don't know what is true and what isn't, but there are stories with Morihei that I just can't find with any other martial artist that if they're true, even just half of them, then Morihei is, in my opinion, the greatest martial artist of all time.

pic_morpheus.jpg

He is the one!

Well the first thing...no, you know what, it's just not possible. It's not possible. It's bull****.

I once destroyed a car just by thinking about and teleported to another dimension. I wonder how this guy would have fared against me.

let me put this in perspective for you, rodhulk.

it's hard enough for a lot of people to believe that Jesus did all the things people said he did considering there hasn't been anyone like him in recorded history. what was claimed in the first post of this thread is stuff that even Jesus couldn't do and this guy existed just last century. Jesus had such power that he achieved world wide fame at a time when the fastest way to get around was with a horse. if Morihei were able to do the things that you listed in the first post, there's no doubt he would've attracted more attention and become more popular than Jesus, especially considering automobiles and telephones were up and running long before he passed away.

i have no doubt Morihei might've been able to do some amazing things that no other man could, but there's no way he could even do half of what you listed without attracting the kind of attention that Jesus did.....even if he didn't want to.

He was said to have:

:wow: Could he have been.....A Jedi!!????:wow:

...wait, what? Really? You actually just said that?

:lmao:
Ha ha! Still a little ticked when I pulled that wool over your eyes back in the christianity beliefs thread! :woot:

But really, if you think I haven't done any research, go ahead, show me another martial artist that exceeds Morihei! I doubt you can! :cwink:

let me put this in perspective for you, rodhulk.

it's hard enough for a lot of people to believe that Jesus did all the things people said he did considering there hasn't been anyone like him in recorded history. what was claimed in the first post of this thread is stuff that even Jesus couldn't do and this guy existed just last century. Jesus had such power that he achieved world wide fame at a time when the fastest way to get around was with a horse. if Morihei were able to do the things that you listed in the first post, there's no doubt he would've attracted more attention and become more popular than Jesus, especially considering automobiles and telephones were up and running long before he passed away.

i have no doubt Morihei might've been able to do some amazing things that no other man could, but there's no way he could even do half of what you listed without attracting the kind of attention that Jesus did.....even if he didn't want to.
What you fail to recognize is that Jesus taught a salvation for mankind and Morihei taught a martial art. People have more interest in religion than a martial art.

And these days, there's too many things to get excited over.

Plus, Morihei demonstrated certain things only to his closest students. When he did his supposed teleporting, he said it took 10 years off his life and it would each time he did it, hence why he didn't do it again. Since the general population didn't see these things, it's often dismissed as 'it didn't happen.'

And yes, I believe Jesus could do everything Morihei did and more if he wanted. Some of his healings and bringing people back from the dead are just as or more impressive than what Morihei did.

Why is this thread still going?

On film it's either Bruce or Tony Jaa.

Off film, who knows...

You haven't read anything about Morihei, have you?

Yes I have also read 'acounts' of people splitting a clifface with their palm amongst other things. As well as people inducing coma's with a Kai shout.

I wonder what belt you have to be to learn that dropping bullets in air thing..

You only get to take the test for perfecting that skill one time. :up:

I've heard a lot of pretty crazy stories about Morehei, back when I studied Aikido myself. I also saw some pretty crazy things. We had one sensei who used to walk around with a kata stick. He would randomly hand it to new people in the class. He did this to me on my first night (I had no idea what it was all about) and it dropped me to the ground and pinned my hand to the ground. I couldn't get my hand out from under it. It was a very freaky experience. He claimed that he'd loaded it with ki, making it incredibly heavy to those who didn't have strong ki of their own. I watched him do that trick repeatedly throughout the years to people who had no idea what he was doing and it always had that same effect. Wild stuff, even though it sounds like a B.S. story.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"