Green Lantern

this is an idea i had for GL i would go with john stewart, but seenig how he was in the war i would have him in the gulf war or somtin and when he is in war he finds this little box thats odd looknig takes it home after the war but never opens it for like 3 years after the war and when he does the ring is inside, poof GL, but he is reluctand at first then grows to like it.

i really dont feel like getting all into deatiol right now so i just threw this together.

Silver Lantern said:
i just thought of who should play two characters in the Green Lantern movie:

Kyle Rayner/ GL................Dean Cain
Sinestro..........................Cillian Murphy

Let me know what you think?

No offense, dean Cain is a weak choice for ANY movie. Plus, he's over the hill now, and he's really not built like a GL.

For that matter, Brendan Frasier is an overated action star and an underated comedian/dramatic actor. I say leave him to his strengths and keep them both away from a GL project.

not_a_victim said:
Hal Jordan===George Eads
Sinestro===Weaving

Oh, okay

George Eads in a supporting role, for sure. He's not movie proven but I'd gamble on him playing a great Kyle Rayner supporting role.

Then, if Marvel's going to botch snairing Josh Holloway for a Gambit role, DC should chomp at the bit and get him to play a PERFECT antihero Guy Gardner! He could nail that erogance.

Hugo Weaving would be good, but we all know he's too overexposed! But the perfect Hal Jordan...I'll have to contemplate this a little more.

how about adrian grenier for kyle?

actually if u wanted to go with an older guy gardner, Dennis Leary. that guy is smart-ass and bad-ass.

Katsuro said:
Hal Jordan - Nathan Fillion (Serenity, Slither)
Sinestro - Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, V for Vendetta)
I like the pick for Hal, but Hugo is in everything.
I'd go for someone younger. maybe Mark Wahlberg.
and for Carol, i'd go with Anne Hathaway.

I can't be seeing this. Jack Black for Green Lantern!?!? I had heard he was up for Green Hornet, so maybe this is a typo. If anyone knows anything about the Green Lanterns in the comics, Jack Black certainly doesn't come to mind.

Here's the article: http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=4394

*Does victory dance*. I knew it wasn't just a rumor.

I hope he gets the role.

you know what. i really wouldn't have a problem with it.
pretty much anyone can be a GL, as long as they have the imagination and willpower.
It would also prove that larger people aren't all lazy and sit on thier asses all day and eat cheetos.

I think people automatically think funny chubby guy when they hear Jack Black. I have seen Jack Black on the thinner side and I gotta say he doesn't look completely off as someone who could play the part. And we know he can do serious roles ala King Kong.

Like here for example is a small but good pic of how Jack would look cleaned up.

jack-black-4.jpg

Jack Black would bring some humor to the role, which is fine by me. Let him have the part! He'd be just fine as GL.

I like Jack Black and all but mentioning him in the same sentence with GL without being separated by the words "should never in his ****ing life be allowed to go near" is sullying the name enough

I love comedic Jack Black. He's absolutely hilarious and probably makes me bust out laughing more than anyone else to have ever graced the silver screen.

But that fat bastard is NO Green Lantern. No way in hell. Perhaps he can play a serious role, yes. But Robin Williams can play the most serious and dramatic of roles with limitless talents and I'd sure enough stab him in the heart before giving him a starring role in a superhero/comicbook film.

I'm all for slapping some colored face paint on Jack, and throwing him in the background as some random GL of some random sector, but as a starring, Earth GL?! No way in hell!! Which one would he even play? Or would they make up their own?

it wouldnt be hall jordon then gl is my fav DC character a gl movie staring jack black would ruin it

once again, people might be okay with Jack being GL. But think about it: This could be the STAR WARS of the DC movies. The potential is there...so why reduce it to something else?

If they cast Jack Black as the Green Lantern, They better do some clever things with the ring, Stuff that would make us go, Wow!, The movie should not but a straight forward comedy but an all out superhero film, The thing that makes the green lanterns who they are is how they creatively use the rings.

Hal Jordan - Nathan Fillion
NF20.jpg

Guy Gardener - Jeremy Piven

jeremy_piven_99.jpg

Sinestro - Hugo Weaving
hugo_weaving_04.jpg

Abin Sur (cameo--dying and giving the ring) - Sydney Poitier (the voice would just make that scene so great)
sydney2.jpg

The Guardians
Christopher Lee
christopher-lee.jpg

Ian McDiarmid
mcdiarmid.JPG

Ian McKellen
Ian-McKellen.jpg

Jon Stewart - Corey Reynolds
Corey.jpg

Kilowag - Ron Perlman
Ron_perlman.jpg

Manhunters (Voice) - Michael Clark Duncan

For those who forget the original details that were leaked about Jack Black's Green Lantern film...

The idea was that Black would play Kyle Rayner in a version of Green Lantern similar to the film incarnation of 'The Mask,' where Black would use his ring to make all kinds of crazy crap. The first story that talked about this (almost two years old now, so I thought this project was long dead) mentioned ideas like him creating massively inappropriate devices to handle his problems, like huge pairs of boxer shorts and crap.

Bishop2 said:
For those who forget the original details that were leaked about Jack Black's Green Lantern film...

The idea was that Black would play Kyle Rayner in a version of Green Lantern similar to the film incarnation of 'The Mask,' where Black would use his ring to make all kinds of crazy crap. The first story that talked about this (almost two years old now, so I thought this project was long dead) mentioned ideas like him creating massively inappropriate devices to handle his problems, like huge pairs of boxer shorts and crap.

:down Worst idea ever. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"