Riverdale Greg Berlanti's Riverdale - Archie Comics-Based Drama on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe with a hair cut and hair dye I could see it.

So Josie McCoy is played by Ashleigh Murray.

Why do they have to change the race of the character?

Josie McCoy is a Caucasian character in the comics.

So if they are going to introduce Valerie and Melody, are they going to change their race too?

I guess producers feel like there too many redheads already....Archie, Cheryl Blossom....and they don't want another redhead actress to play Josie.

Val will now be Asian.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/riverdale-archie-cast-kj-apa-cw-pilot-1201708847/

KJ Apa is Archie

tumblr_nz0okiEA1b1qi2usno1_1280.jpg

I'm sure I'm wrong but something about him reminds me of Grant Gustin.

I guess gingers are cast as long as their evil. :hehe:

Interesting.

No Kevin Keller in the main cast? Boo you ****e.

Interesting.

No Kevin Keller in the main cast? Boo you ****e.

Yeah, but considering that promo image they released for the SDCC announcement, he's at least in the mix. I'm a bit more surprised that Reggie isn't in the main cast. If Deadline is even correct, that is.

Where is Reggie Mantle? Shouldn't he be part of the main cast too?

And Kevin Keller? Maybe producers have a difficult time getting actors who are willing to potray a gay character?

I really hope Reggie and Kevin are in this. Because right now, there are only two guys....Archie and Jughead.

While Kevin Keller may be in the show, he may not be involved in the pilot episode.

I saw on twitter that casting for the pilot has complete.

Maybe that's why there is no news on Kevin Keller casting.

They probably want to just feature the main/core cast first.

Review of the Script
- starts with the death of Jason Blossom, Cheryl Blossom’s twin brother
- 16 year old Archie is sleeping with his music teacher and then using it to blackmail her.
- suggestions of twincest
- Kevin Keller is gay, “16 cute”, sexually active on Grindr and dealing with a homophobic military dad.
- dialogues includes Archie being asked by Reggie Mantle if he “tapped any MILF ass this summer?”
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...ombs-murder-noir-rainbow-parties-and-cougars/

The blackmail thing isn't a good look, but the rest doesn't seem far off. That's probably exactly the kind of crass s*** we'd be hearing from Reggie if he hadn't spent the last 75 years living in a comic book aimed at preteens.

Why do they have to change the race of the character?

Yeah it's sort of like when you watch a Hollywood movie about Egypt and all the main characters are white. It just doesn't make sense

The thing with Kevin's dad bothers me, since he was actually accepting of his son. It would be nice to have more LGBTA characters where the drama doesn't stem from their sexual orientations.

Then again, this is CW, so it'd make sense they forced in as much needless drama as possible.

The show is a drama, not a comic where the grand total of all conflict the characters experience is "Oh s***, Veronica's dad doesn't like Archie". To shine a light on a struggle between parent and child isn't needless, it could help people.

Sorry , just want to confirm....are those pictures of left-right....Josie, Jughead,Betty,Archie,Veronica,Kevin, Cheryl and Reggie??

Anyone, please?

Yeah it's sort of like when you watch a Hollywood movie about Egypt and all the main characters are white. It just doesn't make sense

I don't mind them changing the race of a character, ....

But for this one, it's ridiculous cause there is actually an African American girl, "Valerie" in the band.

Making Archie a straight up drama is an odd idea to me. It comes off as so 90s "extreme!" to try to make Archie edgy with stuff like him sleeping with his music teacher and then using it to blackmail her. I'd rather have a surrealist comedy akin to Bryan Fuller's stuff but that's just me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back