Guardians of the Galaxy Casting Thread

Yes to all except Dinklage. I want Rocket to look like a raccoon. Not a person with a raccoon head. A raccoon standing on it's hind legs. Olyphant is spot on for Star-lord, though
I don't think he meant for dinklage to physically play a raccoon. that would be stupid lol. He is however a fantastic actor and would voice act the hell out of that role.

I think, from a marketing perspective, it might be worth stunt casting Rocket Raccoon. Play up the idea that he's Every Action Hero Ever, and cast him appropriately. So, my thought: Jason Statham.

That.........sounds amazing, now that i think about it. ..lol

Anyway, here's my list

Starlord - Gerard Butler

gerard_butler300.jpg

Gamora- Lynne Collins

016235888.jpg

Drax- Terry Crews

tc.jpg

Groot- Peter Cullen

19844978_240X180.jpg

Rocket racoon- Andy Serkis or Jason Statham

serkis1.jpg

Jason_Statham_18487.jpg

Thanos- Ron perlman

Ron-Perlman_hellboy.jpg

Last edited:
Yes to all except Dinklage. I want Rocket to look like a raccoon. Not a person with a raccoon head. A raccoon standing on it's hind legs.

Motion capture, like Gollum/Ceasar/Hulk

I don't know most of these characters all that well, but I'll throw out some names.

Star-Lord: Sullivan Stapleton
Drax: Joel Edgerton
Gamora: Moon Bloodgood
Rocket Raccoon: (voice) Stephen Graham
Groot: (voice) Giancarlo Esposito
Nova: Richard Madden
Adam Warlock: Charlie Hunnam
Thanos: (voice) Lance Reddick

Yes to all except Dinklage. I want Rocket to look like a raccoon. Not a person with a raccoon head. A raccoon standing on it's hind legs. Olyphant is spot on for Star-lord, though

Thank you. I think Olyphant as Star-Lord is the best fan-casting I've ever done, honestly.

Too bad Idris Elba is already playing Heimdall. Hed make a great Drax.

And Olyphant is a no-brainer for Star-Lord. Let's make it happen!!

I know nothing about this Timothy Olyphant person....what's some good footage I can "fan-audition" him in? Specifically, footage that has "Peter Quill" written all over it.

I really don't like Olyphant... he's the kind of actor where you can always tell he's acting, instead of inhabiting the character. imo

I know nothing about this Timothy Olyphant person....what's some good footage I can "fan-audition" him in? Specifically, footage that has "Peter Quill" written all over it.

Check out the series "Justified" on FX. Besides that I just think of him as the bad guy from "Live Free Or Die Hard". I'm not going to hold "Hitman" against him. He was the only good thing about that movie. You want to see some Quill-like qualities, though, definitely go with "Justified". He's charismatic, funny, but always gives off this impression that you really don't want him to stop joking.

Karl Urban … Star-Lord
Dwayne Johnson … Drax the Destroyer
Milla Jovovich … Gamora
Bill Nighy … Groot
Andy Serkis … Rocket Raccoon

Nighy and Serkis are for the mo-cap, not sure on voices.

Olyphant is awesome in 'Deadwood' and 'Justified'. He'd be a great Star-Lord.

Karl Urban actually would make a pretty cool Star-lord. I wouldn't object to Jovovich as Gamora either. :up:

All the suggestions for The Rock as Drax: never gonna happen. If Duane can't play the lead, he's not interested. And Marvel isn't interested in his price tag, either.

I really want Ms. Marvel to cameo in GOTG...and I think you all know who I want her to be played by...
msmarvel031_cov.jpg
elizabeth-banks-wallpaper5.jpg

Elizabeth Banks...probably in her 2nd costume or Captain Marvel outfit to keep it family friendly...

I really want Ms. Marvel to cameo in GOTG...and I think you all know who I want her to be played by...
Elizabeth Banks...probably in her 2nd costume or Captain Marvel outfit to keep it family friendly...

I don't know if she has the prescense to play Ms. Marvel, plus she played J. Jonah Jameson's secretary so she can't have another role in a superhero movie :D

I like Elizabeth Banks though, just cant see her as Ms. marvel. But a role I could see her as is Mockingbird maybe
Mockingbird.jpg

If I had to pick who to play Ms. Marvel, I'd say Charlize Theron. I think she'd kill it as Ms. Marvel, she's a powerful actress and could sell a lot more easily that Ms. Marvel isn't just some girl but a really strong addition.....but she also wouldn't be a bad choice to play Amora if Marvel decides to bring the enchantress into the MCU either.
Charlize-Theron_16.jpg

It's interesting that alot of these fan casts are television actors. I wonder what it is about this particular franchise which so invites thoughts of television?

Megan Fox as Gamora! loooooool! :ninja:

Seriously though, I would love Collins in the role. Loved her in JC.

I wonder if Jason Momoa would make a good Drax...

It's interesting that alot of these fan casts are television actors. I wonder what it is about this particular franchise which so invites thoughts of television?

Looking at Marvel Studios' track record, the strategy has generally been to cast a relative unknown in the lead roles, including television actors (and directors, for that matter), and then go marquee for the villain(s) and supporting cast.

For this movie, I'd honestly expect a true marquee player for Thanos, while the GOTG themselves are played by That Guy Who Was In That Film types....actors you recognize, but who are far from being considered superstars.

I wonder if Jason Momoa would make a good Drax...

He has my vote.

Looking at Marvel Studios' track record, the strategy has generally been to cast a relative unknown in the lead roles, including television actors (and directors, for that matter), and then go marquee for the villain(s) and supporting cast.

For this movie, I'd honestly expect a true marquee player for Thanos, while the GOTG themselves are played by That Guy Who Was In That Film types....actors you recognize, but who are far from being considered superstars.

True, although scheduling will be difficult for those who are currently on a TV show see Josh Dallas/Mads Mikkelson, unless it shoots during the summer break which worked for Cobie Smulders.

I think TV actors are often mentioned because they often have more interesting and familiar characters for fans than That Guy Who Was in That Film types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"