• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

I watched it yesterday. Overall I thought it was very good. Especially everything regarding Rocket. Also was nice to really see Nebula as a core part of the team this time around.

I was a bit underwhelmed though with the introductions of 2 new characters. Adam didn't have a whole lot to do in this, and
the one that had their identity revealed in the post-credits I would've just liked to be done differently I guess.

I also feel like I coud be in the minority here, but bringing Gamora back felt a bit pointless to me in hindsight. While I prefer her personality to be a bit rougher like it was here over her being the more "soft and rational" member she had become in Vol. 2 and Infinity War, she didn't really add too much here as essentially a new character. I feel like if she had never come back in Endgame it wouldn't have mattered much, especially knowing she probably won't come back after this movie and this version won't be developed further.

Sidenote, I just realized I don't remember a single scene of Peter having his helmet on. And there's even one scene that
could've been undercut if he had just used the helmet and his jet boots towards the end.
He may well have had it at some point, but they definitely didn't focus on it much, right?

Last edited:
I watched it yesterday. Overall I thought it was very good. Especially everything regarding Rocket. Also was nice to really see Nebula as a core part of the team this time around.

I was a bit underwhelmed though with the introductions of 2 new characters. Adam didn't have a whole lot to do in this, and
the one that had their identity revealed in the post-credits I would've just liked to be done differently I guess.

I also feel like I coud be in the minority here, but bringing Gamora back felt a bit pointless to me in hindsight. While I prefer her personality to be a bit rougher like it was here over her being the more "soft and rational" member she had become in Vol. 2 and Infinity War, she didn't really add too much here as essentially a new character. I feel like if she had never come back in Endgame it wouldn't have mattered much, especially knowing she probably won't come back after this movie and this version won't be developed further.

Sidenote, I just realized I don't remember a single scene of Peter having his helmet on. And there's even one scene that
could've been undercut if he had just used the helmet and his jet boots towards the end.
He may well have had it at some point, but they definitely didn't focus on it much, right?
Agreed on Rocket and Nebula, and Warlock didn’t get much.

I don’t remember the helmet either.

Overall I think it would have been better to leave Gamora dead as her Infinity War death scene was really well done and emotional (for me). She was more fun here, and the impact on Quill was good to see, but not sure if enough to justify her reappearance.

Loved the first movie, loved the second, and loved this one! My sister isn’t the biggest GoTG fan but she was very into this one. The audience laughed, cried, then laughed while crying (at least the guy next to me did). Gotta see it again prolly Sunday.

As I feared, Adam Warlock is the film's biggest casualty. He's a throwaway character who easily could've been cut or swapped.

Frankly, if you aren't going to have Adam Warlock around for The Infinity Saga, there's little reason to have him around at all.

Wow. I loved this and I was not prepared for how good it was going to be. James Gunn nailed this final chapter of the Guardians story. Emotional, a great story and every character arc was perfect.

Yeah, Warlock was underutilized but High Evolutionary made up for it. One of the best and most deplorable MCU villains to date.

That son of a b**ch James Gunn... he broke the MCU cold streak.

you-did-it-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

As I feared, Adam Warlock is the film's biggest casualty. He's a throwaway character who easily could've been cut or swapped.

Frankly, if you aren't going to have Adam Warlock around for The Infinity Saga, there's little reason to have him around at all.

Not seen the movie yet. But the GOTG game shows how you use Adam Warlock without the Infinity Saga, so they could go with that.

Thought I was gonna have to wait until next week to see this, but my wife surprised me with tickets for tonight! And I checked our screening, and it's almost sold out! Love a packed theater! Can't wait!

It was okay. Very weird and the jokes were, like in Vol. 2, most time overperformed and flat.
I laughed at the Carrot-joke.
I had tears in my eyes when
Nebula said, that she will take care in Knowwhere
and when Quills grandpa recognises him
It’s not just my kind of movie. Maybe it will grow on me the more times I watch it.
Unpopular opinion: I enjoyed Quatumania more

Last edited:
I just re-watched the first movie again and having the third one fresh in my memory....esp even just thinking of 2, it's why neither sequel has come close to it...

The comedy in the first film is more subtle and doesnt hit you over the head with it. Compare it to what we got with this film where the comedy is turned up to 10 that it looks like a glorified SNL sketch. Even the lighting and everything was more toned down in the first film. Something that I miss between 2 and 3.

Yeah this is just an MCU thing that I’m tired of. Adam Warlock is only in this as a setup for another movie or show. You could’ve cut him out and it wouldn’t have effected the story very much.

I fail to see how the comedy was anymore subtle in GOTG1 than the others

To me, it was your regular Guardians and MCU comedy and type of jokes. But I think dramatically and emotionally it felt deeper than any Guardians film and probably some MCU films.

Just got back from seeing this, if you're sensitive towards animal cruelty please be careful watching this as this was very triggering for me and a handful of others in my screening. We're seeing a very concerning trend in Hollywood being very lax about animal cruelty in films (off the top of my head: m3gan, cocaine bear, gogv3) and Gunn has a weird fixation with using animals as an emotional crutch in the same way people complain about Disney/Pixar films. Overall though, Pratt was outstanding here and I give all credit to Sean Gunn & Bradley Cooper for their performances as Rocket even if I think they didn't quite stick the landing in the final act. I'm hesitant to rewatch this, but I will give it all the credit for the elements it does right. 7.7/10

Now, that was a satisfying sendoff and pretty much everything I've wanted in a Guardians sequel. The movie has its issues mostly in terms of the Adam Warlock stuff which just felt unnecessary overall, but when it needed to hit it hit hard which is what I wanted after spending so many years with these characters.

It's definitely more emotional and darker than a good majority of the MCU films we've gotten recently, and we finally got those EPIC team-up moments that I've been waiting so long for now.

Better than Vol.2 for sure, but the first movie is still my favorite.

Just came from watching ir at my movie theater and a lot of laughs but I'm not going to lie I cried at the very end because what a good way to go out but not spoiling it but an accumulation of a decade with this team

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"