Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent seen the finale yet myself, but this is exactly how it plays out in the book, Setrakian thinks the sunlight will kill Sardu/The Master, once they get him there they feel the job is done, but The Master is stronger than even Setrakian realises.

I think they executed it better in the book. If I remember correctly, he gloats before he flees, making it abundantly clear how strong he is.

You wanna kill the master here's what you do. Buy a.50 caliber Barrett rifle and cast some .50 caliber silver bullets. If they hit him once anywhere in the upper torso or neck his head will pop off. That rifle can put a bullet through a cinderblock wall and engine blocks. The Master wouldnt stand a chance. And those rifles are very easy to get in America.

I kniw the show needs him to survive, but I always find it funny that characters cant figure out how to kill a bad guy. Hello, its America. The land of guns and all things that go boom.

You wanna kill the master here's what you do. Buy a.50 caliber Barrett rifle and cast some .50 caliber silver bullets. If they hit him once anywhere in the upper torso or neck his head will pop off. That rifle can put a bullet through a cinderblock wall and engine blocks. The Master wouldnt stand a chance. And those rifles are very easy to get in America.

I kniw the show needs him to survive, but I always find it funny that characters cant figure out how to kill a bad guy. Hello, its America. The land of guns and all things that go boom.

'Murica, goddammit... LOL... :woot: the only way you'll get this gun outta my hands is over my dead body... LOL...

'Murica, goddammit... LOL... :woot: the only way you'll get this gun outta my hands is over my dead body... LOL...

Master: "I am evil incarnate. FEAR ME!"

Me: "Have you ever seen what a .50 caliber rifle does to a watermelon? No? Ok, well allow me to demonstrate."

*Boom! SPLAT!*

Me: "So who's up for some ice cream cones?"

Me: "Have you ever seen what a .50 caliber rifle does to a watermelon? No? Ok, well allow me to demonstrate."

*Boom! SPLAT!*

:funny:

*Boom! SPLAT!*

That's how I imagined Gus would react. :hehe:

I couldn't help but laugh whenever Gus tried to fight Quinlan, or when he tried to run off. lol.

Quinlan's reactions make it even better. :funny:

The stuff with Quinlan and Gus along with the effects on The Master's escape were the highlights of the season finale for me. I do think it's pretty funny how Eph, Nora and Dutch are suddenly crack shots. :D

Nora's ninja moves were the best. :hehe:

They should have just started dancing as they let The Master get away. They are face 2 face with the bad guy & just stand there. If he was not dying right away from the sun. Then ****ing do it yourself you morons

The Master should have screamed, "We'll meet again Spider-Man, er, ah Setrakian !"

Actually Marvolo your wrong on 50 BMG
You want bullet to stay in the vamp

A good silver hollow point thats segmented. Actually a glazer safety slug made with silver pellets would be perfect.

Actually silver birdshot in a riot gun would've perfect.

The director of the season finale (Phil Abraham) directed the Daredevil pilot according to IMDb.

I liked the season, but the writing is just so bad at times. (Makes me wonder who was really responsible for all the writing part of showrunning LOST. Leaning towards Lindelof because no matter how much hate he gets, he's still a good writer. Prometheus/STID/Leftovers are so much better than Cuse's Bates Motel/Strain writing.)

Last edited:
Actually Marvolo your wrong on 50 BMG
You want bullet to stay in the vamp

A good silver hollow point thats segmented. Actually a glazer safety slug made with silver pellets would be perfect.

Actually silver birdshot in a riot gun would've perfect.

If the bullet makes his head pop like a cantalop which a 50BMG would there's no need for the bullet to stay in him.:D Unless the bastard can regrow a head...he cant can he?

Eph and them should try a pipe bomb while their at it. They can shove a lot of silver in one of those things or in a bunch of buckets and use a bunch of propane tanks and other **** and just light that ****er up like the fourth of July. He'll be disintegrated. See if he can regrow an entire body.:funny:

So many vamps, so little silver.
Also too few episodes

If your aim is good enough, you can hit him right in the cloaca!

You get the Master in the sunlight where he is temporarily weakened and YOU JUST STAND THERE AND LET THE OLD MAN TALK!!!!!

Lol.

Old man tossing the lady over the side of the building. I swear, this show...

Him losing his **** literally made me laugh so hard.

"GOD DAMN YOU YOU SON OF A *****"

Seriously had to rewind it twice because I was just done. :awesome:

Anyway, my biggest complaints about the finale if anyone ****ing cares:

1) The Elder Council:
In the books that scene is sweet. They explain what their deal is, the war, how the Master is a Rogue and must be put down, etc. And what does the show give us? That they're asleep? Really? I thought that was a mistake. That could have been the setup for season two, or just another reason to come back as a viewer. Wasted opportunity.
At least they looked good.

2) Reverse Vampires walk? Sorry, that scene did not work at all. Just... no.

Despite all these damn flaws throughout the season, **** writing, sloppy scenes, dumb changes from source material... I still liked it. :o

I'll watch season two but I really hope they step it up. Or maybe GDT can be involved a bit more. Something.

Man, I loved every episode except the finale. It contained literally all of my least favorite tropes:

- flawless aim with a firearm until when it matters most(hacker chick was getting headshots from across the room but managed to hit Eichhorst 2 or 3 times in the shoulder

- pausing before the deathblow to the villain to deliver an unnecessary line of dialogue(Setrakian had ample time to behead the Master after he jumped outside)

- kids doing dumb things(Zack's been the perfect tv-kid the whole season but fakes an asthma attack just to go home for a picture)

I also expected more from the Mom. I saw her becoming one of the Master's intelligent followers, considering how elaborate the scene of her "turning" was when she met him in the sewers. Nope, just a dumb vampire trying to infect her family.

You guys will realise by the end of next season its not so easy to kill the Master as just to just blow his head off, the 2nd and 3rd books explained why the sun wouldnt kill him and Setrakian was wrong, the book that details stuff like that will be a big factor in the next few seasons.

The only issue with the them watching the master in the sun is that Setrakian doesnt realise he is wrong about the sun killing him until after it happens.

I think they executed it better in the book. If I remember correctly, he gloats before he flees, making it abundantly clear how strong he is.

In the book, he doesnt gloat, he lets out a long, defiant scream at the sun, and then fleas.

I couldn't wait and spent a good portion of the morning reading what happens in the 2nd and 3rd books. This isn't a spoiler, but man does s**t get weird.

- pausing before the deathblow to the villain to deliver an unnecessary line of dialogue(Setrakian had ample time to behead the Master after he jumped outside)

This was the one that got me, I mean that dude has stayed alive all this time just to get another crack as The Master, and then he has him in prime position to slap him on his Gregory with that nifty sword, and for no apparent reason he hesitates.

I also expected more from the Mom. I saw her becoming one of the Master's intelligent followers, considering how elaborate the scene of her "turning" was when she met him in the sewers. Nope, just a dumb vampire trying to infect her family.

I was expecting more as well, like her becoming something akin to Eikhorst.

You guys will realise by the end of next season its not so easy to kill the Master as just to just blow his head off, the 2nd and 3rd books explained why the sun wouldnt kill him
Okay, but that doesn't explain why they didn't try to blow his head off. My issue is not that the sun didn't kill the Master, my issue is that the heroes just stood there and watched like complete doofuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"