Guilty Pleasures or: The Trashy Movies You Love to Death

'A Nightmare on Elm Street [2010]'. I walked in expecting another boringly-offensive remake. However, I was pleasantly surprised in what I saw. I had many problems with the film, sure. But, the main thing that kept me satisfied was, of course, Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Krueger. He's just so delightfully creepy in the film that... Ugh! I just loved it. There's one scene in particular where he's got one of the victims hanging upside-down, there's two lines before it (during the sequence) that you'll hear in the trailers, and it's just this short-little line that just adds so much more to the character and the whole "child molester" aspect of the movie. The film, overall, is very depressing and drab. But that's what I loved about it! It's so sleazy that it's just awesome. I've always loved black comedies, mix that in with some cheap thrills and you've got a film that's just right for my tastes.

-Sorority Boys

-Nothing to Lose

-Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

All Pauly Shore movies except Jury Duty.
Freddy Got Fingered.

LXG

Van Helsing

Ghost Rider - Extended Cut

Batman Forever

I know there's more. When I say guilty pleasure, I mean it.

'The Crow: City of Angels'. Same deal as 'Nightmare 2010'. It's trashy, but I loved it.

'The Wraith'. This is not only just a trashy movie, but it's also a classic B-movie. I love the simple premise and the bare-knuckle car-chase sequences. This is a movie that doesn't overexplain things (like most movies nowadays). Instead, it gives you what you need and it takes you on a rollar-coaster ride till the very end. I love this movie to death, and I'm hoping that a future remake (which is surely to happen) can keep in the same B-movie tradition; only this time, give us some stronger characters.

Beverly Hills Ninja - Im a fan of chris farley so, yeah

I remembered one today while flipping through channels, Bicentennial Man.

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
The Final Destination
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (it's a helluva lot better than the supposed sequel, which was all sorts of wrong)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (I prefer that over Crusade)

Delgo!! :woot:

yes.. DELGO!

wasn't as bad as the reviews claimed it to be. Still kinda silly, but I'd give it a solid C.

Though i doubt anyone has seen it on these boards since it made like 10 dollars at the box office.

Was also better than that terrible star wars clone Wars Cartoon movie.

Anything with Elvira, her and the movies.

Deuce Bigelow:up: Eddie Griffin

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
The Final Destination
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (it's a helluva lot better than the supposed sequel, which was all sorts of wrong)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (I prefer that over Crusade)
don't mean to call you out on your opinion or anything, but since when is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom considered Trashy?

The Punisher(1989) - although, i actually think this is a well made low budget movie, it just kind of belongs in that straight to video 80s action movie genre. way better than the other two pun flicks.

Superman III - ever since i measured this up alongside SR.

Conan The Destroyer

Chronicles of Riddick

Batman Forever
Mean Girls
Judge Dredd
Popeye
C.H.U.D
Street Trash

New Best Friend, starring Mia Kirshner and Dominique Swain. Who share a sex scene. Trashiest murder 'mystery' I've ever seen. And the most fun.

The Smokers, starring Swain as one of a group of girls who start sexually assaulting guys. Thora Birch also appears.

Tart, starring...you guessed it, Swain. Don't recall what it's about, but it's trashy and it stars Swain. I love Swain.

don't mean to call you out on your opinion or anything, but since when is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom considered Trashy?

Die hard Indy fans trash it since it's not Raiders and because Kate Capshaw is a significant step down from Karen Allen. That's why I like it.

add MMPR: The Movie to my list, just watched that a week or so ago

It is cheestastic. I enjoy it a lot, maybe more than I did when I was younger. The big PR fans trash it because it's not canon to the series and that the upgraded suits were horrible. But it's much more cinematic than Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, which should've been relegated to TV miniseries-status.

anything with dolph lundgren, especially masters of the universe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"