Guy Ritchie Directing Disney's Aladdin

Disney's gonna age it up and cast Riz Ahmed. The mouse already got his clutches on Riz with Rogue One.

As far as Ritchie, I like his movies for the most part. Sherlock was entertaining, so no reason Aladdin can't be more of the same. Good for him for not letting himself get pigeon holed.

Disney's gonna age it up and cast Riz Ahmed. The mouse already got his clutches on Riz with Rogue One.

As far as Ritchie, I like his movies for the most part. Sherlock was entertaining, so no reason Aladdin can't be more of the same. Good for him for not letting himself get pigeon holed.

I can see Riz, and if aged up definitely Adam Jacobs without a doubt, although I'm unsure how much of a film actor he is - at least he has familiarity with the role and stage actors typically can pull off that transition, 'Rent' comes immediately to mind there.

Better have Rajah and give him a kickass scene where claws some badguys up.

tumblr_oeur4g0UEk1rrkahjo1_1280.jpg

Now that you brought up an image of Gyllenhaal as Dastan, I don't think I read complaints about a white cast (and one Indian) portraying Persians.

Last edited:
Well this is a very odd choice. I would think David Yates would have been a better fit given he directed four of the Harry Potter movies and the upcoming Fantastic Beasts. They all seem more in line with the tone this movie should have.

John Carney would have delivered an AMAZING Aladdin, out of the three he's my first choice. Although he probably passed due to it being a studio film and higher budgeted than he's used to. Not a "passion" project like his others have been.

I'm comfortable with the script and story direction by John August and visual and acting direction from Richie, seeing the King Arthur trailer.

They might decide to just play the Genie straight. Nobody will ever do it better than Williams so they shouldn't even try. This Genie doesn't have to be just like Robin's. Create an entirely new version.

They might decide to just play the Genie straight. Nobody will ever do it better than Williams so they shouldn't even try. This Genie doesn't have to be just like Robin's. Create an entirely new version.

Disney already found the way around through Broadway, just recreate that.

While I'm not totally sold on the director, I'm looking forward to seeing who is casted in respective roles.

i dont think so not with ritchie directing he has a very quippy energetic style

Noice. Wonder who'll play the genie. Maybe RDJ?

He's probably one of the few who audiences would probably accept in following Williams's footsteps. You could include The Rock in that category too. For that matter, Genie is probably the only character in this that wouldn't need to be portrayed by an actor of Arabian descent because he is more supernatural. Iago too, I guess.

I finally googled Riz Ahmed. He looks the part. I could definitely see him as Aladdin. People on social media are already suggesting him.

My thing is, whoever they get play Aladdin, I hope that the actor at least grows his hair out. That's one of the things they got right with the actor who plays Aladdin on OUAT.

Yeah, Riz Ahmed would be perfect.

Which means they'll cast Brenton Thwaites.

Acting-wise, Riz Ahmed's got talent. But as far as Aladdin is concerned....

[YT]mPavMhfNHjI[/YT]

I just think Disney is going to cast younger. Aladdin's only supposed to be what, 17?

18 I believe. And Jasmine was 15 if I remember right.

I... I want to always have an open mind but... I can't see this being a good match of Director and subject at all. Let's put it this way... I could see Ritchie doing a live action ARISTICATS before I would ever think of him handling this.

On the other hand... Disney is on a roll and they may see something I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"