'H2', Rob Zombie's sequel to 'Halloween'

I just rented this on bluray from blockbuster, I heard nothing but bad things about this all over but I enjoyed the remake so I thought I would give this a shot. Here is a list of complaints and why i rate this a 4 out of 10:

- Too many "F" words used here. At one point laurie just starting yelling it whenever she spoke. Became numb to that very quickly.
- No real story here at all, besides a white sherrie zombie with a horse telling michael what to do.
- Rob making all the original favorite characters a bunch of a-holes (i.e loomis and laurie being completley annoying).
- Too many random people getting murdered for no reason or rhyme. case in the point the 2 hillbillys with the girl when there driving in the field and come accross michael and just start attacking him.
- Lauries story in general... I know she might be alittle tramatic after the events of the first movie but in this she has the attitude of a runaway problem child and cusses and whines about life not being fair.
- really bad acting accross the board.. from the side actors to laurie and loomis.

I know Im missing more but look I loved the original 2 and this was a giant slap in the face to hardcore fans of the original 2.

Well said :up:

He's been burned, shot, blown up, put in a power nullifying Magic circle, electrocuted, and had his @$$ kicked by a rap artist.

But had 8" of Bowie knife stick in his skull after falling on a bundle of sharp rebar? Not that I remember. I was pretty obvious Rob wanted it done.

Nivek said:
Nothing changes here, does it...

*walks away*

Luckily, no one cares what Zombie wanted. And yes, most rational humans still hate Zombie's Halloween.

Saw Rob Zombie’s H2 last night. As the original Halloween is my favorite horror movie of all time, you probably could guess where my review is going with this one.

I had neglected to see this movie after have little to no interest after viewing the trailers. I was simply appalled by Rob Zombie’s first effort. I hadn’t realized I had indirectly paid to watch Friday the 13th. My ticket said Halloween but who was this huge hulking Jason-type freak? In a nutshell, I didn’t like the remake…not one bit.

So after almost a year since H2 was in theaters, I decided to drop $4.99 and rent it in high-def. I am a Halloween fan after all so this one couldn’t be any worse, right?...right? The first 10 minutes or however long Laurie’s dream sequence lasts I was shaking my head the entire way. What’s with Michael having to saw off a guy’s head with a piece of broken glass (and the audience having an extreme closeup of the act)? What’s with Michael stabbing the nurse 20 times? How much blood can be in one scene? *sigh* I knew this wasn’t going to be good. I’m not even going to get into the white horse and mommy visions. Just plain atrocious and utterly ridiculous. This is not a Halloween film. Did I rent Midnight Meat Trick or Treat?

What makes (or made) the original Halloween so scary was suspense, dark corners, music, camera angles, etc. This movie had one or two sequences that gave that feeling (Laurie in the guard house for example) but it succumbed to ramped up gore and rock music. Seeing Annie and Laurie roll around in Annie’s blood was comical and totally unnecessary. Yes, I know Zombie wanted it to hit home how angry Michael was. I thought he was a little angry when he strangled Annie in the original movie…the grunting and bare-hand strangulation put that point across did it not? This brings me to another argument that appears to be had in this thread. I really didn’t have any issues with Michael grunting while stabbing the victims. It reminded me of those particular scenes in the original like the aforementioned car scene with Annie and the “ghost” scene with Linda.

What was with Loomis? At what point in the original series did Zombie note Loomis turning into an *******? As some have said earlier, Loomis was an afterthought (just like the whole filmmaking process of this one). Loomis is such an integral part of the original series…almost as integral as Michael himself. I just don’t get it.

Not a good film at all. I’m of the opinion that Rob Zombie and his producers buried this franchise even further than those who gave us H5, H6, and H8.

3/10

Saw Rob Zombie’s H2 last night. As the original Halloween is my favorite horror movie of all time, you probably could guess where my review is going with this one.

I had neglected to see this movie after have little to no interest after viewing the trailers. I was simply appalled by Rob Zombie’s first effort. I hadn’t realized I had indirectly paid to watch Friday the 13th. My ticket said Halloween but who was this huge hulking Jason-type freak? In a nutshell, I didn’t like the remake…not one bit.

So after almost a year since H2 was in theaters, I decided to drop $4.99 and rent it in high-def. I am a Halloween fan after all so this one couldn’t be any worse, right?...right? The first 10 minutes or however long Laurie’s dream sequence lasts I was shaking my head the entire way. What’s with Michael having to saw off a guy’s head with a piece of broken glass (and the audience having an extreme closeup of the act)? What’s with Michael stabbing the nurse 20 times? How much blood can be in one scene? *sigh* I knew this wasn’t going to be good. I’m not even going to get into the white horse and mommy visions. Just plain atrocious and utterly ridiculous. This is not a Halloween film. Did I rent Midnight Meat Trick or Treat?

What makes (or made) the original Halloween so scary was suspense, dark corners, music, camera angles, etc. This movie had one or two sequences that gave that feeling (Laurie in the guard house for example) but it succumbed to ramped up gore and rock music. Seeing Annie and Laurie roll around in Annie’s blood was comical and totally unnecessary. Yes, I know Zombie wanted it to hit home how angry Michael was. I thought he was a little angry when he strangled Annie in the original movie…the grunting and bare-hand strangulation put that point across did it not? This brings me to another argument that appears to be had in this thread. I really didn’t have any issues with Michael grunting while stabbing the victims. It reminded me of those particular scenes in the original like the aforementioned car scene with Annie and the “ghost” scene with Linda.

What was with Loomis? At what point in the original series did Zombie note Loomis turning into an *******? As some have said earlier, Loomis was an afterthought (just like the whole filmmaking process of this one). Loomis is such an integral part of the original series…almost as integral as Michael himself. I just don’t get it.

Not a good film at all. I’m of the opinion that Rob Zombie and his producers buried this franchise even further than those who gave us H5, H6, and H8.

3/10

Not to defend the movie but you do know Michael Myers is different than normal people, right? That is why he would cut a guys' head off with a piece of glass and stab a nurse 50 times. He's a murdering psychopath.

But yeah....the movie wasn't all that great.

CrypticOne, of course I realize he is a psychopath, but he's not Jason Voorhees.

I just rented this on bluray from blockbuster, I heard nothing but bad things about this all over but I enjoyed the remake so I thought I would give this a shot. Here is a list of complaints and why i rate this a 4 out of 10:

- Too many "F" words used here. At one point laurie just starting yelling it whenever she spoke. Became numb to that very quickly.
- No real story here at all, besides a white sherrie zombie with a horse telling michael what to do.
- Rob making all the original favorite characters a bunch of a-holes (i.e loomis and laurie being completley annoying).
- Too many random people getting murdered for no reason or rhyme. case in the point the 2 hillbillys with the girl when there driving in the field and come accross michael and just start attacking him.
- Lauries story in general... I know she might be alittle tramatic after the events of the first movie but in this she has the attitude of a runaway problem child and cusses and whines about life not being fair.
- really bad acting accross the board.. from the side actors to laurie and loomis.

I know Im missing more but look I loved the original 2 and this was a giant slap in the face to hardcore fans of the original 2.
You realize it wasn't a remake of the original Halloween 2.....right?

CrypticOne, of course I realize he is a psychopath, but he's not Jason Voorhees.

Yeah, but Jason wouldn't do what Michael does to people. Jason has a machete and only swings it once. Myers has a kitchen knife....think about it.

I think the thing he's saying is, Jason's always been the more brutal of the two. Michael's rarely grunted and stabbed over excess, he'd stab maybe two or three times and be done with it. Zombie's Michael grunted and stabbed someone like 40 times before being done with them.

JustABill, exactly right.

Michael Myers' character had his own personality and way which scared much of America half to death back in the late 70's and through the 80's. Slowly...and for some reason, filmmakers have slowly turned him into Jason Voorhees in that style killing is what is supposedly "scaring" people...it makes me laugh and shake my head in disgust.

Get back to basics.

Heh. I once read somewhere a comment I agreed with. In the remake they made Jason smarter and more cunning like Michael. In the Michael's remake, they made him more dumb, stupid, and a big grunting ogre like Jason.

Heh. I once read somewhere a comment I agreed with. In the remake they made Jason smarter and more cunning like Michael. In the Michael's remake, they made him more dumb, stupid, and a big grunting ogre like Jason.

Pretty much.

Just depresses me.

You realize it wasn't a remake of the original Halloween 2.....right?

yes I do but in the context of remakes and sequels you compare this to halloween 2, for crying out loud they even had a hospital scene which took up 10-15 minutes of screen time and even the same premise of the story continuing seconds after the first ending. lets face it zombie even called it "halloween 2." that in and of itself opens it to be compared to the original sequel. I still say this was a slap in the face to michael myers fans.

Just saw it, and first i'll say that i'm normally very Happy for every new Sequels, Prequels ur Remakes... but THIS... was Just Awefull Hate so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"