Rob zombie is Done Making Horror Films

^

Don't say that. It's like saying ''Beetlejuice'' three times. Except worse...

I'd rather have Beetlejuice to be honest.

As long as Rob Zombie isn't directing it. Lol.

You know, his films were hit and miss....mostly miss. But he had a lot of good qualities as a director. And most importantly, he had such genuine passion for the genre. Most people who direct horror movies now a days don't have that. But that really showed in his movies and it was refreshing. Honestly, he just needs to work with good writers. His directing style is solid.

You know, his films were hit and miss....mostly miss. But he had a lot of good qualities as a director. And most importantly, he had such genuine passion for the genre. Most people who direct horror movies now a days don't have that. But that really showed in his movies and it was refreshing. Honestly, he just needs to work with good writers. His directing style is solid.

Zombie's movies might have been much better without so much gratuitous cursing.

I think he has talent and a break from the horror genre will solidify that. I remember before he started directing he would say in interviews that he was a big fan of the old black and white horror films ( White Zombie of course ). So when he started I was expecting some of his work to be reminiscent of that. Instead we only got some traces of it in House of 1000 Corpses. I was initially disappointed that he went in a different direction , but it's still somewhat admirable. I think most of his work i s just not everyone's cup of tea. Many people hated his Halloween 2 , but I thought it was awesome.

The Devil's Rejects is one of my personal favourite horror films of the past decade. The first Halloween had some quality to it but after the first hour its just another slasher flick. I think as a director he isn't that bad, his heart is definitely in the right place, at least for horror films. The music he uses is great, his actors are pretty much classic b-movie stars that always do a great job. I don't want to see him directing comedies or taking it up to bigger budget blockbusters. Just add some originality and its gonna be great.

Rob Zombie is probably going to make a Muppet's movie or something along that line.

I like Zombie and love that he'll be doing a hockey movie about the 70's, goon squad, Flyers.

I just wish he would have stayed within himself a little more. Why he would try to do an artsy euro horror is beyond me??? I guess artists have to art.

Apparently he's going to do another horror film before his hockey movie. I've been a long time fan but when it comes to his films I really only like two. I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses and loved Devil's Rejects. I haven't seen Lords of Salem yet but I hear it's a bit sloppy.

With that being said, everything he says in this article I agree with(minus his hate towards House of 1000 Corpses actually). Especially about bandwagoners and how something that was once hated all of a sudden becomes loved once it reaches a certain age. I just hope he redeems himself with his next film. I love how he admits that House of 1000 Corpses wasn't all that great, but it was his first film and he had to deal with a lot of BS from the studio.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Rob-Zombie-t...eID/333001/Default.aspx#.UwbzBK6meQU.facebook

Last edited:
I knew he couldn't go long without making another crapfest, bring it on it'll at least give me a laugh.

I knew he couldn't go long without making another crapfest, bring it on it'll at least give me a laugh.

You don't even know what the movie is about and you're already talking ****. :whatever:

It doesn't matter only because the man has only made one slightly good film his whole career, am I to believe he's now magically a good film-maker?

It doesn't matter only because the man has only made one slightly good film his whole career, am I to believe he's now magically a good film-maker?

No it doesn't mean that he's magically a good filmmaker but it's still ignorant to judge a film that hasn't even started to film, hell I don't think it's even really in the pre-production stages yet. Regardless of the director.

I think it's very far from being "ignorant" to base ones opinion of a directors future films, when his career of directing has been a long list of badly made films, to be honest I think not basing an opinion from prior experience would be the ignorance.

So this director, who has made tons of bad films is going to make another film, time to ignore all of his directing career and believe that he will now all of a sudden become a good director, dude that sounds like pure nonsense.

Also this is specifically in reference to Zombie's abilities as a director, not of the script, or film concept.

I think it's very far from being "ignorant" to base ones opinion of a directors future films, when his career of directing has been a long list of badly made films, to be honest I think not basing an opinion from prior experience would be the ignorance.

So this director, who has made tons of bad films is going to make another film, time to ignore all of his directing career and believe that he will now all of a sudden become a good director, dude that sounds like pure nonsense.

Also this is specifically in reference to Zombie's abilities as a director, not of the script, or film concept.

Thanks for pointing that out(in bold). Now I get where you're coming from. I initially thought you meant his story ideas in general.

Believe me I have absolutely loved some of his films ideas, themes, characters etc but how he executes those things is the opinion I'm stating here, believe me I wish he was a good director when I was young I loved his music videos.

Lords of Salem was absolute dog ****. And I like Zombie for the most part. But yea, one of the worst movies I've ever sat through and I do not say that lightly

Lords of Salem was absolute dog ****. And I like Zombie for the most part. But yea, one of the worst movies I've ever sat through and I do not say that lightly

I still want to watch LoS but after all the hate I'm not too excited for it. I might bump it up on my Netflix cue just to get it out of the way.

Man, I gave it a chance. At first I was liking it but once it was over I was just like "WTF! That's it?!" It barely made any damn sense. I will say the visual tone of it was great and the creepy atmosphere but aside from that I just hated it. I don't actively hate movies often but LoS I just couldn't dig. It may be one of those "not my cup of tea" things though

I still want to watch LoS but after all the hate I'm not too excited for it. I might bump it up on my Netflix cue just to get it out of the way.
I loved it. I knew exactly what RZ was doing with it. It has the nightmare logic of Italian horror like Lucio Fulci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"