'H2', Rob Zombie's sequel to 'Halloween'

The extended cut really only added things to enhance the theatrical cut. The alternate ending just changed things around a bit

I'm in the minority in that I actually like most of Zombies moves in this franchise. I wish some of the white trash aspect had been toned down...necrophiliac morticians and such...but overall, I liked how he gave his version a story, told us how he spent his down time, showed us what was going on in his head and explained his mindset...

However...the decision was made to make Laurie the killer in part 3...just as they really seemed to be leaning that way with Jamie in the original run...so if the DVD changs that then Im not sure why I wasted money on a movie ticket and didnt just watch the DVD instead. It is very basic movie-making...dont pull a Bobby Ewing on the audience...and there is no defense for doing that when people paid good money for tickets.

For people who are big movie fans to defend the act of simply ignoring what has come before...even belittling those who want stories to make sense...you guys just have lower standards than I do (and I like some really bad movies).

Well the alternate ending could still have her as the killer in part 3

I'm looking forward to it. I didnt like the My Bloody valentine remake as much as others did...I didnt see it in theaters by the way...but I wasnt overly thrilled with the concept of that director getting the gig. I'd have picked Alexandre Aja over him...a few others probably as well.

My Bloody Valentine was actually a really good remake while paying a couple of homages to the original, which wasn't too good to begin with

Laurie won't be the killer in Part 3. Just like Jamie wasn't the killer in Halloween 5. They do not have the guts to make anyone other then Michael be the killer. If they do make another one they will find a way to bring Michael back.

Yeah, the original was kind of lame...I still didnt like the remake though. My tastes in horror have changed quite a bit in the past few years though, so most basic slasher films dont appeal to me that much. I do like when they try to do something new with the concept...like Behind The Mask, that movie was a kick.

The original Halloween will always be a classic. John Carpenter made a movie about a faceless killer (aka the shape) who goes around the neighborhood stalking and killing innocent teens. It had a catchy theme with great direction from Carpenter who created a new iconic villain for horror fans and managed to bring something new to the table. For those people who were around to see the original film in theaters, they actually witnessed horror film history.

Flash forward to 2009!!! It doesn’t matter how many different times the studio reboots the franchise or continue with the endless sequels hiring different writers and directors. The fact of the matter is that the STORY has been told by John Carpenter over 30 years ago. As a result there’s nothing that can make the original STORY any better than what wasn’t remotely deep and complicated to begin with when Michael Myers was first unleashed on the big screen back in 1978.

The thing is...when your main character is an unstoppable killer...it kind of makes sense to keep telling more story as long as its profitable. With care and talented creators, the sequels would be able to stand next to the original instead of having to be washed away from continuity every few years.

Why did John Carpenter leave anyway??

I think Carpenter felt he said all he needed to say with first Halloween. The only sequel that really felt necessary was the original H2 which showed the second half of that night, but I think John was happy just leaving it off with Michael Myers running off after being shot at the end of H1.

The thing is...when your main character is an unstoppable killer...it kind of makes sense to keep telling more story as long as its profitable. With care and talented creators, the sequels would be able to stand next to the original instead of having to be washed away from continuity every few years.

Why did John Carpenter leave anyway??

From a business perspective that all makes sense for them to continue with the franchise, but since I’m just a moviegoer if I want to watch the definitive Halloween I’ll stick with the original.

As for John Carpenter not returning I guess he only wanted to direct one movie. Myers and Dr. Loomis was killed (so I thought) in an explosion from the original H2. Therefore the Halloween movies should’ve ended there, but then again I’m not an executive just a moviegoer.

I think Carpenter felt he said all he needed to say with first Halloween. The only sequel that really felt necessary was the original H2 which showed the second half of that night, but I think John was happy just leaving it off with Michael Myers running off after being shot at the end of H1.

I think Sean S. Cunningham felt the same way about the original Friday the 13th.

I wish the series had ended in part 4. Since it was called the final chapter (yeah right). :csad:

You know, I'm listening to Zombie's commentary on H2 and I kind of understand a little more about why this films isn't as good as his others. He was pretty rushed through the entire production.

Only official things is that it will be in 3D and that it will be directed by Patrick Lussier.

Unless there's more that I missed.

Lussier and his writer are out. Weinstiens felt they were rushing the third one and they slowed the production to a halt to take new pitches.

If even the Weinstien's thought it was being rushed then that means it was scheduled to be released by the end of the month...

Like that ever slowed him down in the past.

He's been burned, shot, blown up, put in a power nullifying Magic circle, electrocuted, and had his @$$ kicked by a rap artist.

But had 8" of Bowie knife stick in his skull after falling on a bundle of sharp rebar? Not that I remember. I was pretty obvious Rob wanted it done.

I just rented this on bluray from blockbuster, I heard nothing but bad things about this all over but I enjoyed the remake so I thought I would give this a shot. Here is a list of complaints and why i rate this a 4 out of 10:

- Too many "F" words used here. At one point laurie just starting yelling it whenever she spoke. Became numb to that very quickly.
- No real story here at all, besides a white sherrie zombie with a horse telling michael what to do.
- Rob making all the original favorite characters a bunch of a-holes (i.e loomis and laurie being completley annoying).
- Too many random people getting murdered for no reason or rhyme. case in the point the 2 hillbillys with the girl when there driving in the field and come accross michael and just start attacking him.
- Lauries story in general... I know she might be alittle tramatic after the events of the first movie but in this she has the attitude of a runaway problem child and cusses and whines about life not being fair.
- really bad acting accross the board.. from the side actors to laurie and loomis.

I know Im missing more but look I loved the original 2 and this was a giant slap in the face to hardcore fans of the original 2.

Nothing changes here, does it...

*walks away*

Nothing changes here, does it...

*walks away*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"