Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, or Guy Gardner?

Kyle Rayner is my favorite GL, and the one I grew up with. However, the right and logical thing would be to have a trilogy focusing on Hal Jordan. John Stewart could be thrown in the mix as a supporting character, or he could be a supporting character (ala Jim Rhodes/War Machine) in the sequel. Then we could have spots in the sequels for Guy Gardner. Then throw in Kyle Rayner if they were to do a Parallax story.

I'm cool as long as they don't butcher Green Lantern like Superman: The Animated Series did. :o

Hal Jordon as the main GL and main focus on the film, but I wouldn't mind seeing one of the others in a supporting role.

Id like to see Kyle in the role and just not being able to cut it in the eyes of the public compared to Hal.

Continue the series with the return of Hal as Parallax and then a Rebirth adaptation (with obvious changes to fit to film). Id like to see Guy, John, Kilowag, and even Green arrow in supporting roles

I think Kyle should be saved for a third film. Focus on Hal for the first 2 films.

I'd love to see a GL movie focusing on Hal as the main character, being giving the ring and learning about the corps. Jon Stewart and Guy Gardener would be excelent supporting characters.

Think of it as a typical cop movie on a galctic scale.

Hal joins the force....meets a friendly Veteren who shows him the ropes (Stewart) and an arrogant Jerk who doesn't think Hal can cut it as a lantern (Guy). Sinestro shows up and disables/captures most of the force...and it's up to the "new" guy (Hal) to rise to the occasion and save the corps!

For sequels, whenever the actor who plays Hal decides he doesn't want to do it anymore, pass the torch to Kyle Rayner.

movies one and two with Jordan and Rayner in 3.

I vote Hal Jordan, because he's the original.

250px-Alan_scott-ross.jpg

The Original Green Lantern

Alan Scott was the original. Don't get it twisted. If you are picking Hal Jordan it is not because he was the original.

:rolleyes:
Hal Jordan is the original GL, when we are talking about the whole GL Corps mythos, as the thread is implying.

Hal Jordan because according to the GL corps he's the very best of us!
yeah baby!

I saw go with the entire Corps right off the bat. Star all four of the earth GLs. Have them all fight Sinestro/Parallax combined together. It should be epic and include hints to the entire GL mythos for possible sequels.

Hal Jordan is the original GL, when we are talking about the whole GL Corps mythos, as the thread is implying.

No, Alan Scott is the original GL. Hal Jordan is the GL of the Silver Age (a reinvention of the character). He (Jordan) is the best known and also known as the greatest Green Lantern of them all. Those are titles associated with Jordan, but he definitely wasn't the original.

I believe we should go with Kyle Rayner since he's had the least exposure television wise. Hal was in the New Frontier movie which showed how he became Green Lantern and Jon Stewart was in the Justice League cartoon for many many episodes while Kyle has only been seen twice. Once in Superman cartoon and once more in Justice League.

I say we need at least four movies to get in all five of the major Green Lanterns

We start with Hal - do the origin story that's Geoff John's did recently in Green Lantern; include a scene where Alan comes over from Gotham to find out about this "new" Green Lantern that's been out in California.

Second movie - Sinestro's treachery is revealed, Guardians are afraid that Hal might also turn rouge so they tap John and Guy to reign them in. Once everything is resolved, Hal leaves Earth to spend more time patrolling his sector

Third movie - Dual story of Hal in space John and Guy on earth. While in space Hal is corrupted and turned into Parallax some how setting him up as the villian of the third movie

Fourth movie - Hal returns to Earth and becomes Parallax entire Corps tapped to bring him down even reactivating Sinestro. Ganthet taps Kyle who manages to defeat Parallax with the help of Alan but he is the last being in the universe with Corps ring.

I would do a Star Wars thing, where you start in the middle and already have all this history and mythos, that way you start with kyle in Hals shadow and pretty much adapt the Parallax and Rebirth storylines as GL2 and 3

Btw, Alan Scott was the original, but a movie should be about Hal Jordan. He is by far the most interesting, most popular and longest running GL. Like its even a choice.

No, Alan Scott is the original GL. Hal Jordan is the GL of the Silver Age (a reinvention of the character). He (Jordan) is the best known and also known as the greatest Green Lantern of them all. Those are titles associated with Jordan, but he definitely wasn't the original.

Read what he said. Hal is the original GL in regards to the Green Lantern Corps. Alan Scott is basically just another character with the same name. He was later retconned as being part of the Corps, but as far as the story of the Green Lantern Corps goes, Hal is the start of it all.

Read what he said. Hal is the original GL in regards to the Green Lantern Corps. Alan Scott is basically just another character with the same name. He was later retconned as being part of the Corps, but as far as the story of the Green Lantern Corps goes, Hal is the start of it all.

rori_dag.gif

Rory Dag
(reference GL Vol 2 #67)

That still wouldn't be true since Abin Sur and many others came before him. In that continuum, the very first Green Lantern was Rori Dag, who was awarded the first power ring about 3 billion years before Hal Jordan (which would make him the original). Alan Scott was never part of the corps although it was retconned that the powers of his ring were derived from the Starheart, which was belived to be created by the Oan Guardians of the Universe. Face it, you both misspoke.

250px-Alan_scott-ross.jpg

The Original Green Lantern

Alan Scott was the original. Don't get it twisted. If you are picking Hal Jordan it is not because he was the original.

I meant that the original Green Lantern in the newer version of the variation. Meaning not regarding the Alan Scott version, but of the GL Corp. comic, and not from the actual history of the Corp., but the newer GL comic book.

I'll just go and rephrase, I pick Hal Jordan because he was the first human-main-reoccurring-hero-of-the-story character in the newer comic to be GL. That, and because he's arguably the most famous.

Please man, read what I've posted :

Hal. absolutely Hal. but Kyle is a close second. but if (in a sequel) they want to show Hal going down a bad path or something, then pick up either Kyle of John to bring him in or something. but no Guy. I hate Guy.

Where is Alan Scott?! He's like the best green lantern.

I meant that the original Green Lantern in the newer version of the variation. Meaning not regarding the Alan Scott version, but of the GL Corp. comic, and not from the actual history of the Corp., but the newer GL comic book.

I'll just go and rephrase, I pick Hal Jordan because he was the first human-main-reoccurring-hero-of-the-story character in the newer comic to be GL. That, and because he's arguably the most famous.

Please man, read what I've posted :

So, how may user id's do you have, CLARKY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"