Sequels Halle Calls Out To Xmen Fans For X4

Why not just ignore the events of 3. :up:

With Halle pregent and Ben foster and Helen paige, geting noticed for 3:10 to yuma and juno. im sure fox will jump on the hype and make another xmen movie.

Don't think they care about that at all.... but would be nice.

I could care less of Halle is in 'X4'. I always thought her portrayl of Storm was weak. That's cool that she would actually do a 4th one, because I figured she'd think she was hot s--t with an Oscar. However, I'd prefer her to not be in it.

Oh, X4............

I see it more far each day...

wolverine for 2009! a bit late....

but anyway, let's move to other things, and one day, suddenly, we'll have the news: "Fox reveal X4 pre-production start" hehe.

We'll see what happens....

I agree. I think Fox is going to experiement with other mutant characters (ala Wolverine & Magneto) before doing a straight 'X-Men' sequel.

I doubt there will be an X-Men 4 at this point... at least not a direct sequel to The Last Stand. There are too many loose ends, and I doubt all of the cast will return. The next ensemble movie will probably be a "reboot" of sorts.

IMO, X4 (a direct sequel to X3) is dead. The actors aren't getting any younger, and at this rate the film wouldn't be out until 2010-2013. :p X3 sort of closed things out for this group, and it was called 'The Last Stand'.

They should focus on a new team and characters (there's many to choose from), or do an 'Origins' on the original movie-verse team itself.

IMO, X4 (a direct sequel to X3) is dead. The actors aren't getting any younger, and at this rate the film wouldn't be out until 2010-2013. :p X3 sort of closed things out for this group, and it was called 'The Last Stand'.

They should focus on a new team and characters (there's many to choose from), or do an 'Origins' on the original movie-verse team itself.

I think an X4 and X5 would be a very workable idea, if only to show the aftermath of the events of X3. In other words, the aftermath of the threats of Magneto and Phoenix with independent or government agencies wanting to be better prepared for future terrorism (Sentinels?); new X-Men being trained/recruited; and other points. And how does the cure fit into future government action? Is it still retained as a counter-measure? Is it proven to 'wear off' in the long term and thus be ineffectual? There are issues to take forward.

My own X4 script addresses some of these issues, and continues them further into an X5. I avoided the trilogy curse by making it a two-part story instead!

I think an X4 and X5 would be a very workable idea, if only to show the aftermath of the events of X3. In other words, the aftermath of the threats of Magneto and Phoenix with independent or government agencies wanting to be better prepared for future terrorism (Sentinels?); new X-Men being trained/recruited; and other points. And how does the cure fit into future government action? Is it still retained as a counter-measure? Is it proven to 'wear off' in the long term and thus be ineffectual? There are issues to take forward.

My own X4 script addresses some of these issues, and continues them further into an X5. I avoided the trilogy curse by making it a two-part story instead!

Yea man.. there's a lot that can be done to continue the story from X3 without relying on established characters like Storm and Wolverine. I'm sure they could get the younger actors back without too much trouble. Besides, I'd rather see Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Angel and the younger ones start to lead their own students as they come into more prominent roles on the team.

It's funny how after X-men 2 she wanted nothing to do with the franchise anymore and ONLY wanted to do a Catwoman sequel.

It's funny how after X-men 2 she wanted nothing to do with the franchise anymore and ONLY wanted to do a Catwoman sequel.

That's because she famously fell out with Singer on the X2 set.

That's because she famously fell out with Singer on the X2 set.

I only wish she wasn't a liar and we would've been spared of her presence from the third movie and all her complaining.

I only wish she wasn't a liar and we would've been spared of her presence from the third movie and all her complaining.

I don't think that's either true or fair. It was the fans who kept complaining (with some justification) about Storm's portrayal and she heard them and wanted to do something about it.

I don't think that's either true or fair. It was the fans who kept complaining (with some justification) about Storm's portrayal and she heard them and wanted to do something about it.

It is true that she said the only comic book super hero movie she wanted to do was a Catwoman sequel. She did in fact say this in 2004.

Well they gave Storm a bigger push in the third movie and she still sucked. And oh she got to fly into frame twice! SHE FLEW! Wow :whatever: .

It is true that she said the only comic book super hero movie she wanted to do was a Catwoman sequel. She did in fact say this in 2004.

Well they gave Storm a bigger push in the third movie and she still sucked. And oh she got to fly into frame twice! SHE FLEW! Wow :whatever: .

Well, the flying was an improvement, for sure, in the character's physical portrayal at least. But the characterisation in X3 lacked compassion and soul.

Singer's directing got better results from Halle than Ratner's directing. Halle has proved she can do dramatic acting with her other movies.

What's needed is for actor, writer and director all to understand Storm's character - all those things haven't come together thus far.

Well, the flying was an improvement, for sure, in the character's physical portrayal at least. But the characterisation in X3 lacked compassion and soul.

Singer's directing got better results from Halle than Ratner's directing. Halle has proved she can do dramatic acting with her other movies.

What's needed is for actor, writer and director all to understand Storm's character - all those things haven't come together thus far.

I agree, I think in a sense they waisted the acting abilities of many of the stars, and their characters but in contrast they utilized others such as I. McKellen and P. Stewart

I wonder why nobody gets Storm?

Set a film in the same universe, BUT NOT X-MEN perhaps? Have some of the characters, but they have kinda shot themselves in the foot with X3, they'd be better off doing alpha flight instead, because of all the corrections they'd have to do from x3.

I love how shes so suprised about how popular the character of Storm is.

Give me a break.

This from the person who has done nothing but complain and promised X3 would be her last.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I see ANY new Fox X-Men film.

Whether people think it's hypocritical or not the reality is that Halle's message did have a ripple effect. The letter campaign turned out to be a succes. It showed once again what a big fanbase X-Men has and that there's still demand for a X4 or another team movie.

The question is now...what has Fox done anything with the thousands of requests they received. Have they spoken to writers or directors about penning another movie?:huh: I think if the script is good enough the actors will be interested in returning.

Whether people think it's hypocritical or not the reality is that Halle's message did have a ripple effect. The letter campaign turned out to be a succes. It showed once again what a big fanbase X-Men has and that there's still demand for a X4 or another team movie.

The question is now...what has Fox done anything with the thousands of requests they received. Have they spoken to writers or directors about penning another movie?:huh: I think if the script is good enough the actors will be interested in returning.

Probably recycled the letters :dry:

Did the letter campaign really turn out to be a succes? What did it accomplish?

Probably recycled the letters :dry:
Lol
Did the letter campaign really turn out to be a succes? What did it accomplish?
Nothing much now i guess. Well...at the very least it got a reaction from the president which is an accomplishment i guess.:o

Question remains though...have they or the producers had any sort of discussions with writers about a possible X4 like Sony/Marvel did for Spidey 4? Or have writers been coming to them with pitches?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"