Halo Halo 5: Guardians

Yea I thought 4 started this "reclaimer trilogy". So im assuming 4 started the trilogy and based on how 5 ends, that seems right. We are about to hit a major event if the end of 5 is anything to go by.

Reclaimer is a fitting title when you look at it like this:

With the Flood gone, we see both how chaotic the galaxy still is with the Covenent Remnant, the reemergence of small scale insurrectionists among the humans, and then we are reminded of the Forerunners place as in disputed master of their galaxy and the Imperial Peace of the Mantle of Responsibility via Didact's return and rampage in Halo 4. We also get the Reclaimer concept brought up big time.

And with Didact's defeat by the combined forces of Cortana and Chief, we get the second stage in Halo 5 when we get the [BLACKOUT]schism between John and the returned Cortana over who the Reclaimer is and what their role in the galaxy is; should they reinstate the Mantle of Responsibilty or change up everything about about what it means to be the supreme power in the galaxy?[/BLACKOUT]

I will say that I'm disappointed that ONI didn't play a larger part in the story; they're still being played as pretty horrible people at the upper echelons, and I think it might have worked better to make it clear that they're a major part of the problem between Locke and Chief, as well as the main provocateurs that [BLACKOUT]Cortana[/BLACKOUT] sees as endemic to a reality without the Mabtle being enforced.

Yea I thought 4 started this "reclaimer trilogy". So im assuming 4 started the trilogy and based on how 5 ends, that seems right. We are about to hit a major event if the end of 5 is anything to go by.

ah, thanks.

then I think I should at least play through Halo 4 before tackling 5.

ah, thanks.

then I think I should at least play through Halo 4 before tackling 5.

I did that right before playing 5 and enjoyed it more than I probably would've if I didn't.

May as well. These games take no time to complete on the easiest difficulty, even more so in co-op.

I finished the campaign this weekend, and I think it was the easiest solo-campaign, by far. Much shorter than what I was expecting. I think every mission took about 30-40min a piece.

Did you like it? I'll probably do the campaign this weekend.

It was alright. The graphics are amazing in some spots, but everything feels really small and condensed compared to the other Halos. There weren't any real "epic" moments, and it just felt pretty easy in comparison to the other campaigns. I think the revive and AI-orders made this game way too easy for solo. I don't think I even died once. I went down many times, but your AI buddies will come along and revive you instantly.

Still better than ODST, though. :oldrazz:

Still better than ODST, though. :oldrazz:

hHC1Rcr.gif

I heard the AI wasn't good on the allies? Cool if they can revive you. It kind of still counts as going down but with less frustration of having to repeat.

They're not good if you don't know how to order them around, but once you figure it out, they're extremely useful. It's definitely better to play co-op with real people that you can talk to, but at the same time, it's still much easier than the past Halos where you didn't have anybody at all. Basically, the game still feels like a co-op experience, even if you're playing solo. Which is something I don't like about it. I always liked the feeling of it being you versus a full-on alien threat, but with this, you have a full party of 4 at all times.

It's not a bad game by any means, it's just one of my least favorite campaigns. If I had to rank the campaign, I would probably give it a 7.5/10.

Last edited:
Anyone having any issues facing crippling lag in online matches? I haven't had any problems but every time i play with a friend, he gets hit with hardcore lag and connection issues. Like ill see him in a corner just running in place.

No lag issues for me. Also I've yet to have any AI revive issues. If I go down they always come running for me.

I haven't attempted it on solo Legendary yet.. May put that off until after Christmas.

They're not good if you don't know how to order them around, but once you figure it out, they're extremely useful. It's definitely better to play co-op with real people that you can talk to, but at the same time, it's still much easier than the past Halos where you didn't have anybody at all. Basically, the game still feels like a co-op experience, even if you're playing solo. Which is something I don't like about it. I always liked the feeling of it being you versus a full-on alien threat, but with this, you have a full party of 4 at all times.

It's not a bad game by any means, it's just one of my least favorite campaigns. If I had to rank the campaign, I would probably give it a 7.5/10.

That's right, you better have edited that out.

I love playing with AI allies so it's good for me. Although I get what you mean about being alone against the huge threat.

Well this was sort of disappointing, found it a tad short and I really thought it would be one team against the other.

Not into multi player that much (as I suck). But in order to get my money's worth I guess I will have to give it a go.

Do you guys think the game is good enough to boost Xbox morale? Still waiting for my copy to arrive :-(

Oh split screen lol. Didn't think Halo 6 having mp was really newsworthy :woot:

Seriously tho.. I completely get why 5 didn't have it. If imagine it would be hard to implement.

Oh split screen lol. Didn't think Halo 6 having mp was really newsworthy :woot:
my bad
Seriously tho.. I completely get why 5 didn't have it. If imagine it would be hard to implement.
? I don't. and a helluva lot of people are pissed off that it isn't there. there's plenty of current gen games that still do splitscreen

It is only hard because they don't understand the infrastructure of their own console. Well that and it is underpowered.

Also, they never should have promised it if they weren't going to include it. I bought an Xbox One to play Halo 5 with my kid brother the way we have played every other single Halo game. They promised the couch co-op would be there. Then they ripped it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"