Halo Halo 5: Guardians

I honestly think they just wanted to mirror Halo 2... Not sure why but whatever.

Played some of it earlier at a friend's house, enjoyed it pretty well. Just did a little campaign and some online stuff. Warzone is really confusing to me. I really didn't get it at all the first time I played it. The weapon redesigns really stuck out to me, too. I didn't even realize I was holding the Battle Rifle when I first picked one up (I still haven't played through 4, so I don't know if they redesigned it there before 5). My friend is bugging me to get it so we can do co-op.

I honestly think they just wanted to mirror Halo 2... Not sure why but whatever.

Yea I just don't get it. I mean if this was any other story, sure, team Osiris hunting Chief while the player sees it from their perspective would be cool, but this story particularly should of been all Chief all the time.

Played some of it earlier at a friend's house, enjoyed it pretty well. Just did a little campaign and some online stuff. Warzone is really confusing to me. I really didn't get it at all the first time I played it. The weapon redesigns really stuck out to me, too. I didn't even realize I was holding the Battle Rifle when I first picked one up (I still haven't played through 4, so I don't know if they redesigned it there before 5). My friend is bugging me to get it so we can do co-op.

Warzone is pretty much big team battle but with some AI thrown in to force players to either fight other humans or go after these AI "bosses". It feels as tho it's a way to even the game for players who may not be the most skilled. For instance i was on a team last night and we were getting thrashed, down by like 300 pts and some AI bosses spawned and the next thing I know, we've killed them and the deficit for our team was under 100.

With that said, I think I prefer regular BTB but idk, I haven't played enough Warzone to make up my mind yet.

I was a bit confused in Warzone too.

You have to have a decent group of people too. If you play Warzone you have to have a set of guys willing to capture and defend, go against the other team and take out bosses.

If not and you just have people running.. It can easily turn into a cluster.

It's fun. Of course I prefer standard MP but this is a good change of pace. Plus regular BTB is coming.. So.. Something for everyone I guess.

It's a good idea and yeah I think it would be better if you could talk and co-ordinate with friends. I'm gonna give the Arena stuff a try tonight.

The campaign was alright, though it wasn't at all what I was expecting going by the trailers and promos. I don't like this Warzone thing at all. It's a complete cluster****. Truth be told, once Battlefront hits I may not even pick this game up again as far as multiplayer goes.

It's only a "cluster" if you don't have a solid team. Basically like ANY mp game I've ever played.

That all being said.. I don't care what people play and don't play.. But how anyone who at one point enjoyed Halo MP.. And can't enjoy this.. Really makes me question if they ever loved it. This is classic arena style Halo MP.. Just amped up for next gen.

It's only a "cluster" if you don't have a solid team. Basically like ANY mp game I've ever played.

Exactly. Its no different than jumping in to a match of Battlefield your first time, getting wrecked because theres so much going on and immediately saying "this sucks, its such a mess". Warzone as a mode is fine, maybe its hard to initially grasp for those primary Halo/CoD users, but for guys like me, who have over 200 hours in games like Battlefield, it feels quite natural, only you know, Halo'ized. In fact, I think this is just what BTB has needed. BTB to me has always felt very small, even though it featured larger player numbers and maps. It never had that Battlefield feel that I thought would be so cool within a Halo setting. Warzone does a better job at capturing that hectic feel.

And if you hate that hectic feel... There's always classic arena which is how Halo ALWAYS was. I just believe Halo fans are insanely hard to please.

And if you hate that hectic feel... There's always classic arena which is how Halo ALWAYS was. I just believe Halo fans are insanely hard to please.

Yea i played some Team Slayer last night and it felt like halo to me. Only prob i had was a buddy and I couldnt connect to each other, every time we jumped in a game together he'd lag out.

Wow the marketing materials for this game were beyond misleading.

If you're playing Warzone by yourself is it better to defend your base rather than storm the enemy's base all guns blazing?

If you're playing Warzone by yourself is it better to defend your base rather than storm the enemy's base all guns blazing?

Defend/go after bosses. Let the enemy come to you.

Why? Is it because [BLACKOUT]Blue Team and Osiris don't duke it out? The marketing, to me, always seemed to be like we would be hunting Chief.. Which is what we were doing.

I never expected it to come to blows. Even tho it kind of did.[/BLACKOUT]

I was disappointed that there wasn't more [BLACKOUT]to the hunt for Chief. I thought something would happen, and everyone would wrongly accuse the Chief. And obviously he would go after the true culprit or try to clear his name. Nope. He's absent without leave. That's it. That's the whole reason why Team Osiris is hunting Team Blue.[/BLACKOUT]

I was disappointed that there wasn't more [BLACKOUT]to the hunt for Chief. I thought something would happen, and everyone would wrongly accuse the Chief. And obviously he would go after the true culprit or try to clear his name. Nope. He's absent without leave. That's it. That's the whole reason why Team Osiris is hunting Team Blue.[/BLACKOUT]

In the eyes of a group like the UNSC, thats a pretty good reason to go after someone like Chief, but I do agree with you. I wanted a bit more conflict between Osris and Blue Team, if only to see Chief whoop Lockes ass a few times.

Last edited:
In the eyes of a group like the UNSC, thats a pretty good reason to go after someone like Chief.

they discovered that Chief was a closet PlayStation fan for all these years. a traitor to the brand who must be hunted down and dealt with. :o

They really weren't. They just showed more than the game did, but the whole ad campaign was about "hunting the truth". MC was deemed a traitor and Locke was sent to find him. Thats EXACTLY what happened in the game. Granted why Chief did what he did was super easy to explain whereas the ads made it seem it was gonna be a deeper conspiracy. But Locke and Team Osiris were sent to hunt Chief and Blue Team in the ads, in the game Locke and Team Osiris are sent to hunt Chief and Blue Team.

An actual conspiracy would have probably been better.

so is Halo 5 supposed to be the start of a new trilogy or did the new trilogy start with Halo 4?

I've heard conflicting claims about that.

so is Halo 5 supposed to be the start of a new trilogy or did the new trilogy start with Halo 4?

I've heard conflicting claims about that.

Yea I thought 4 started this "reclaimer trilogy". So im assuming 4 started the trilogy and based on how 5 ends, that seems right. We are about to hit a major event if the end of 5 is anything to go by.

Then we roll into 7,8 and 9. They're going for a SW type deal here.

Hopefully they'll give us the occasional spin-off. I still want another ODST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"