Halo Fan Thread

Astrø

The Man On The Moon
Reaction score
I have always loved the Halo Games and Number 3 looks awsome so here is the thread for those Halo Fans!

I wouldn't consider myself a Halo fan being as there are a few FPS games I'd rather play, but I do respect the craftsmanship and the effort that goes into making a Halo game. I think it's great that Bungie managed to sway an entire console generation towards a large FPS focus, whether that's for good or bad, they managed to start a VERY large trend and ended the "FPS work on PCs only" stigma that everyone was beginning to accept as fact. I also have a place in my heart for the audiowork done by Martin O'Donnell, at least most of his work. Halo 1 had a great score, and Halo 2's soundtrack had it's moments when Incubus and Hoobastank weren't incorporated. It wasn't too long ago when the only music you heard in an FPS was hard-core rock and roll.

I am a fan of the Covinent more than the Spartins, The whole Cloak thing is awsome.

I'm really only a fan of the multi-player aspect of the games. I just never saw what was so great about the stories (particularly the second one).

Halo 3's multi-player sounds ****. The ability to customize armor has my pants tight.

I love the mythology surrounding Halo. The gameplay is always pretty great too, there are very few games that I'd rather play.

For some reason, I have this feeling that a lot of people are going to express disappointment in Halo 3.

For some reason, I have this feeling that a lot of people are going to express disappointment in Halo 3.

Of course they will! Pre orders started almost a YEAR AGO! Everyone and their mom will have this game, and no matter what, there will always be those that hate it.

Yes, but that oftentimes has very little to do with the game itself. Even if it were literally perfect, certain people would still jump on it simply because it's Halo.

The carbine was pretty cool, I guess.
Will Halo 3 have a cover system like R6V?
It's going to feel obsolete if it doesn't.

No. It's not that kind of game. It'd be like tacking a gravity gun onto the next Ghost Recon just because so and so has it in their game. Halo is best described as "running into a big group and beating everyone to death with your shotgun", not "hiding behind a wall for 5 minutes while you slowly whittle away your enemy's numbers". I'm not saying the other one can't be fun, but it just wouldn't be Halo.

R6V doesn't have a portal gun, also obsolete.

It also doesn't have magic ala Shadowrun, which makes it worse than obsolete. They must have found that game in a time capsule from the 1800s or something. And double-jumping, it doesn't have that. I mean, my god, they had that way back on the NES, what on Earth were they thinking not including that? :(

Not every gameplay mechanic fits into every game. If you really want to take cover, you can always just, you know, take cover. You don't need a specific "press A to become attached to this wall" command to do it.

Its rapidly becoming sort of a staple in FPS's now though. Once I played R6 Vegas, I couldn't really go back to any FPS that doesn't have that implemented, it just brings more to the game. Its not just some gimmick anymore, like the portal gun or magic.

The portal gun and magic aren't "gimmicks" then either. They both add to the gameplay and change it completely, far moreso than a cover system. Saying that it's a staple of FPS games is a little far fetched as well, since the largest FPS games in the industry are shipping without it. It just doesn't fit the gameplay of Halo. You might as well ask them to include damage power ups and conversation choices.

Why do you automatically assume that anyone who attempts to discuss something with you is angry Blas? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"