Hannah John-Kamen IS Ghost

In the comics Riptide was pretty much just like Whirlwind.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ant-man-and-the-wasp-villain/

If you watched the first Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer without paying much attention to anything except for Paul Rudd‘s face and Evangeline Lilly‘s tricked-out Wasp costume, you would be forgiven for missing the brief glimpse of the superhero sequel’s villain. The Big Bad of Ant-Man and the Wasp is a mysterious figure, appearing for only a fleeting moment in the trailer, and not doing much other than look menacing in a grey hooded costume and mask.

This is Ghost, and there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to the Ant-Man and the Wasp villain.

Ghost is a Marvel Comics villain who first appeared in Iron Man #219 in 1987, created by writer David Michelinie and artist Bob Layton. An expert hacker and anarchist, Ghost invented a unique microchip technology which he infused in his own body, creating a “cyberpathic” connection to computers. The microchips’ biggest asset was that they could become intangible, preventing them from overheating and granting Ghost the ability to phase through objects and become invisible — though not at the same time.

Ghost had a chip on his shoulder (pun intended) against corporations, vowing revenge against the company that betrayed him to profit off his inventions. At least, that’s what he thinks happened.

Ghost has a remarkably dubious backstory, told only through an unreliable narrator relating what Ghost told them. The comics only introduce Ghost after he has become a supervillain, and he has erased all traces of his existence before he became an anti-corporate hacker and assassin.
In a departure from the comics, the movie version of Ghost is played by a woman, Hannah John-Kamen, known for roles in Killjoys, Black Mirror, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But other than that, not much is known about the character outside of her costume and a brief scene of a white, gloved hand undergoing a strange blurring effect. /Film’s Ethan Anderton touched a bit on this in his breakdown of the Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer, and you can see it in the image above. That scene may comes from Ghost’s first experiment with phasing, which seems to be an ability that the film will draw from the comics.

What about Ghost’s motivations? We know that Scott Lang (Rudd) was thrown in jail before the events of the first Ant-Man for corporate whistleblowing, and that in the sequel, Hank Pym and Hope van Dyne are now corporate executives-turned-fugitives. Ghost’s vendetta against corporations could tie into their story somehow, possibly as a revenge scheme against Pym Technologies.

Oddly enough, we have no pics of Hannah John-Kamen in this thread. So people might not be familiar with what she looks like, leaving her anonymous like the Ghost.

But here's a pic of her

hannah.jpg

4789912.jpg

hjk_banner.jpg

dutch-killjoys-jacket-850x1300.jpg

killjoys-episode-1-1.jpg

fd83d75f5653f753fd06b48833da390a--killjoys-serie-tv.jpg

Here's some pics from her show Killjoys on Syfy.

tumblr_o5zqngCFGx1u6z840o2_540.gif

And here's her in her cameo in The Force Awakens as well.

Fixed.

I hope they don't make her Bill Foster's daughter just because she's part black. I prefer she remains completely unknown like the Joker and a perpetual anarchist.

And if she dies in the end, there needs to be the lingering question which Iron Man once posed: "Can you ever really kill a ghost?"

Funny enough her and Goggins will be in Tomb Raider as well, so two movies together in a year.

Funny enough her and Goggins will be in Tomb Raider as well, so two movies together in a year.

That happens with all the Marvel actors these days though. They all mix and match nowadays.

We've had Chris Evans and ScarJo in several films. Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie. RDJ and Mark Ruffalo. Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl. Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L Jackson and Brie Larson. Paul Rudd and Michelle Pfieffer.

The list goes on.

Who is Hannah John-Kamen playing in Tomb Raider?

That happens with all the Marvel actors these days though. They all mix and match nowadays.

We've had Chris Evans and ScarJo in several films. Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie. RDJ and Mark Ruffalo. Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl. Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L Jackson and Brie Larson. Paul Rudd and Michelle Pfieffer.

The list goes on.

Who is Hannah John-Kamen playing in Tomb Raider?

It does happen quite a bit now, but usually not in the same year or happened prior like Ruffalo and RDJ.

I think she's one of Lara's friends, haven't seen her in the trailers.

She's playing Lara's roommate and best friend. Also she's going to be in Spielberg's Ready Player One film as well.

She's playing Lara's roommate and best friend. Also she's going to be in Spielberg's Ready Player One film as well.
And in RPO, John-Kamen will be joined by BP's Letitia Wright and Captain Marvel's Ben Mendelsohn.

I don't mind if she doesn't wear the suit all the time, as long as she retains at least a little bit of the paranoid personality from the comics.

I just hope she's creepy af. I can't wait! Love the look

Sort of love the idea of a female Ghost for the MCU, that's one case where a gender-swap makes total sense.

Only annoying thing though, especially given they've cast her "hot", is yeah, they're totally showing her maskless at some point. :csad: It'd be pretty ballsy & cool if they didn't, but they so will.

Sort of love the idea of a female Ghost for the MCU, that's one case where a gender-swap makes total sense.

Only annoying thing though, especially given they've cast her "hot", is yeah, they're totally showing her maskless at some point. :csad: It'd be pretty ballsy & cool if they didn't, but they so will.

Well maybe they could only show her maskless if she is caught at the end. Otherwise she ought to remain masked the whole time.

They really shouldn't have told us who they cast for her anyway. If they left it anonymous and told us they had cast Hannah John-Kamen as a different role, then they could've shown her unmasked but left the identity of the Ghost a secret.

If they really wanted to unmask her as HJK in the end, they could've disguised the fact that the Ghost was even a woman, and then it would be a surprise twist when it was revealed who was playing her.

It's not like we know all the actors who are playing the Black Order in Infinity War. They could've kept it a secret that way, even if they just showed stunt people in the Ghost costume.

At the Ready Player One premiere, Entertainment Tonight got HJK to talk briefly about her role as Ghost.
[YT]mnz1IumZrmk[/YT]

I am really hoping for an interesting confrontation between Ghost and our heroes. The math up of powers is interesting and very different from what we usually get in a last act confrontation in CBMs.

As good and upcoming an actress as she appears to be, am I mistaken in thinking (purely from that above interview) that she comes across as a little ... bland?

^Criticism based on a minute and 18 second video...

Never change fanboys and fangirls.

^Criticism based on a minute and 18 second video...

Never change fanboys and fangirls.
It was an observation, one with a question. I've seen her in a bunch of media and she seems talented. My question wasn't about her (generally) but her in that interview! :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"