BvS Hans Zimmer & Tom Holkenborg scoring Batman v Superman - Part 2

Unfortunately it is time for Zimmer to move on. You can tell he was bored with Batman V Superman. He's done great work in the genre from the Nolan trilogy, Man of Steel and I even liked some of the amazing spider-man. It's in Junkie's hands now. Those who wanted zimmer gone for Junkie have their wish. He's not even in the same ball park as Hans.

He was associated with comic book movie genre for a long time, it's not a question of getting bored with Batman V Superman, he felt he could not contribute anything more (creatively speaking), I don't blame him.

I mean, after Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Man of Steel and Batman V Superman, he needs to focus elsewhere.

I was giving my personal opinion that Batman V Superman felt all around lazy. I felt there wasn't much to work with like in man of steel. If there was something meatier and a better story to tell any artist should be able to find the inspiration to contribute.

As much as I loved WW's entrance, and liked the score over all, the music that starts up for WW kicked me right out of the movie.

Stuck out like a sore thumb.

It wasn't bad music, it was just SO different and sudden, that it pulled me right out.

When I think Wonder Woman I usually don't think "epic guitar solo". :o

What's the name of WW's theme on the soundtrack?

Yeah, not to mention when think of the rest of the film, and you listen to every other part of the score, you don't think, or hear, anything remotely similar.

I was literally in my head going "what the **** just happened tot he music?!?!"
And this was the character theme everyone was raving about?

Was this interview posted where he apparently is retiring from Superhero genre?

[YT]e_z5Z8rqEtI[/YT]

Edit: looks like it has. Sorry about that!

His work on The Dark Knight Trilogy was amazing. He might have even one-upped it in terms of heroic marches for Man of Steel, which had a majestic score far superior to the film it was written for.

I understand why he is moving on. He saw Batman v Superman through the entire process. It is time to make a run for the lifeboats.

Or maybe as he said, it was exhausting to him, specially creatively.

And he said weeks ago that he is going on tour for a while.

I love Zimmer but I'm cool with this. Junkie is, imo, a worthy successor. He's got that same bonbastic, kinetic sound that Zimmer excels at. The Batman and Wonder Woman themes in this movie were so good. I think Zimmer's earned a leave of abscence.

This needed to happen. Batman v Superman was bigger, but certainly not better than what he's done in the past.

I have a soft spot for his Lex theme and the WW theme is awesome, but he needs to walk away now.

Good that he's gone, he sounds exhausted, and his score reflects that, it left me exhausted too.

I doubt it.

Retired from superhero movies just like Mark Hamill/Kevin Conroy, Ben Affleck/Chris Evans. Just like RDJ was gonna after IM3.

Offer him enough money he'll slap his name on it. Just a matter of time.

The best part about it though is the feelings it inspired of like (the old) Clash of the Titans film, and somehow makes me think about studying ancient Greece in school all served up with a side of the God of War video game. I think he hit the nail on the head and it's easily my favorite moment of the movie (her landing and deflecting the Doomsday blast with her bracers as the theme kicks in)

What's the name of WW's theme on the soundtrack?

"Is She With You?" i think

I doubt it.

Retired from superhero movies just like Mark Hamill/Kevin Conroy, Ben Affleck/Chris Evans. Just like RDJ was gonna after IM3.

Offer him enough money he'll slap his name on it. Just a matter of time.

It's not about money. Artists never retire. They go on hiatus.

If I remembered any of the score, I couldn't tell you where the music started and ended. It all sounded the same. Just a bag of ****** noise that bled into each other. This wasn't surprising at all. Thank God Zimmer's retiring from this.

You didn't like Wonder Woman's theme? Though it was inexplicably playing over Aquadude, Cyborg and Flash.

I am more than ready to move on from Zimmer. Ready to move on from Junkie too.

Man...the Internet is brutal. The guy does amazing work on basically every movie and after one (apparent) misfire he's needs to go?

The BVS score is solid overall in my book.

As a sidebar, Junkie collaborated on this so everyone clamoring for him to take over needs to realize he was a part of the "tired" score they don't like.

So what do we think, does Junkie just take over what we can probably assume would have been Zimmer's JL duties or do they go in a new direction?

As much as I loved WW's entrance, and liked the score over all, the music that starts up for WW kicked me right out of the movie.

Stuck out like a sore thumb.

It wasn't bad music, it was just SO different and sudden, that it pulled me right out.

I couldn't stand it either. It's just so strange and out of place.

I'm not a fan of rock/guitar/whatever that was, maybe that's why I find all the praise for it so surprising.

The score as a whole was a severe disappointment. A huge step down from MOS.

Hopefully WB uses Zimmer's themes in the future and doesn't hire new guy to make new ones. Wasn't there comments form Snyder or Zimmer about year ago that themes will stay in future films?

Brilliant score! Didn't feel it so much in the movie except for the main new Batman theme and the 'Beautiful Lie' opening sequence theme, but after listening to it on loop for hours I've really begun to appreciate all the subtleties and motifs I missed while watching the movie.

Still feel MOS's score was more memorable although that may change with multiple viewings of the movie and listening to the OST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"