Happy Darwin Day-it's this monday

Spider-Bite

Superhero
Reaction score
HAPPY DARWIN DAY

The calendar boasts plenty of religious holidays, but how many scientific holidays can you name? One of the red-letter days is coming up on Monday, when more than 850 events around the globe will mark Darwin Day, the 198th anniversary of the evolutionary theorist's birth. You can hear about Charles Darwin and the revolution he sparked from hundreds of church pulpits this weekend, as part of a program called Evolution Sunday.
Are those godless secularists trying to take on the trappings of religion? Not at all, says Robert Stephens, one of the organizers behind Darwin Day. "We're not trying to make a saint out of Darwin," he said. "We're just using him as a symbol." Stephens and his colleagues say this long holiday weekend is as good a time as any to turn science into a cause for celebration.
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/

Yeah, neither do I. Evolution's just a theory anyways.

I'm making a birthday cake, and putting up a display simmillair to the brith of jesus displays christains put up.

if by "theory" you mean "the truth"...

We all know thats not what the bible/koran states. And they and only they state the truth..oh and if you don't believe, you'll burn in hell.. for like..forever.

Be afraid...VERY AFRAID!

ps. of fire and stuff.

note: lets just say that's true and you would burn in hell for all eternity, wouldn't the burning become mundane/ordinary after a while??

Darwin day? There's going be a mess killing of all the dum dums doing something that kills them?

As a Christian who believes in God very strongly but also evolution, am I the only one who finds the athiests / secularists to be somewhat bitter and annoying? Seriously, I have a friend who's an athiest and I find a lot of her views a bit...cynical, and somewhat annoying.

As a Christian who believes in evolution but also God, am I the only one who finds the atheiesits / secularists to be somewhat bitter and annoying? Seriously, I have a firend who's an athiest and I find a lot of her views a bit...cynical.

Annoying plus more. I mean, if you want to believe in God, awesome, if you dont, also awesome. I dont see the need to argue over it. OMG! You must believe in Jesus or youre going to hell! or OMG youre stupid for believing in God!!111!1!

Annoying plus more. I mean, if you want to believe in God, awesome, if you dont, also awesome. I dont see the need to argue over it. OMG! You must believe in Jesus or youre going to hell! or OMG youre stupid for believing in God!!111!1!

Exactly. This is America. We have freedom to believe what we want and also not to have our individual beliefs insulted by those who believe differently.

Also, out of sheer curiosity, what are you Darthphere?

As a Christian who believes in evolution but also God, am I the only one who finds the athiests / secularists to be somewhat bitter and annoying? Seriously, I have a friend who's an athiest and I find a lot of her views a bit...cynical, and somewhat annoying.

I have known a few atheists and they just never seem happy with their life. Not trying to be mean but it's like they don't have anything to believe in or look forward too. But then again, the probably think all Christians are happy go lucky religious yahoos.

Exactly. This is America. We have freedom to believe what we want and also not to have our individual beliefs insulted by those who believe differently.

Also, out of sheer curiosity, what are you Darthphere?

I'm a christian.

I have known a few atheists and they just never seem happy with their life. Not trying to be mean but it's like they don't have anything to believe in or look forward too. But then again, the probably think all Christians are happy go lucky religious yahoos.

Agreed. This one friend is actually fairly nice and positive about life and having nothing to look forward to, though she did refer to religion as an evil, which I disagree with, though I somewhat see why she did it, because religion certainly has caued a lot of problems (I personally think God himself has mixed connotations towards religion). My cousin is also an athiest (she lost faith after ym grandmother died), and she's one of those really annoying extremists who think religion

As a Christian who believes in evolution but also God, am I the only one who finds the athiests / secularists to be somewhat bitter and annoying? Seriously, I have a friend who's an athiest and I find a lot of her views a bit...cynical, and somewhat annoying.

That's quite bigoted of you. You shouldn't stereotype everybody. The only view all atheists have in common is that they don't believe in God. That's it. There are no ten commandments that come along with it, which we all must accept. We think for ourselves and come out as individuals.

And secular? There is something wrong with not going to church as often as you do?

That's quite bigoted of you. You shouldn't stereotype everybody. The only view all atheists have in common is that they don't believe in God. That's it. There are no ten commandments that come along with it, which we all must accept. We think for ourselves and come out as individuals.

And secular? There is something wrong with not going to church as often as you do?

A large portion of athiests are very cynical and bitter towards religious groups. They often deem them as stupid for having faith, which is jsut as if not more bigoted than anything in my posts. I'm sorry if I've offended you, but a lot of athiests are like that.

And I don't go to church. I don't see the point of it. I'd rather build a relationship with God through my own terms rather than through church. I received Commuion and Confirmation, started myself on the path towards becoming one with God (and got great parties out of both) , and now I choose to communicate with God through prayer in the privacy of my home rather than in a place as public as my local church.

Defensive much?

A large portion of athiests are very cynical and bitter towards religious groups. They often deem them as stupid for having faith, which is jsut as if not more bigoted than anything in my posts. I'm sorry if I've offended you, but a lot of athiests are like that.

And I don't go to church. I don't see the point of it. I'd rather build a relationship with God through my own terms rather than through church. I received Commuion and Confirmation, started myself on the path towards becoming one with God (and got great parties out of both) , and no I choose to communicate with God through prayer in the privacy of my home rather than in a palce as public as my local church.

It's not bigoted to think a person is being stupid for believing in something that is ridiculous. That's not what bigoted means. I've never met an atheist in my life who thought the following.

Believing in God is immoral, derserving of hell or punishment, or evil. I've never met an atheist who thought all people who believed in god were evil.

We also do not think you guys are stupid, we think your belief is stupid. And that's not bigoted, it's true. It just is. Believing in fairy tales is not intelligent, and that's reality.

It doesn't mean your stupid, because we have all done stupid things in our life. I also used to believe in God. I also think opposing gun control and gay marriage is stupid. You see what I mean? It's not bigoted to be smarter than somebody else and acknowledge it.

edit to help better explain.....

Some people disagree with me on certain political issues, and they even call me naive. I disagree with them, and think they are the ones being naive. The fact that they disagree with me does not make them a bigot. It just means they think something else. Being bigoted is to be non accepting and toleratn of diverse cultures and lifestyles or supporting oppression of a certain group or lifestyle.

It's not bigoted to think a person is being stupid for believing in something that is ridiculous. That's not what bigoted means. I've never met an atheist in my life who thought the following.

Believing in God is immoral, derserving of hell or punishment, or evil. I've never met an atheist who thought all people who believed in god were evil.

We also do not think you guys are stupid, we think your belief is stupid. And that's not bigoted, it's true. It just is. Believing in fairy tales is not intelligent, and that's reality.

It doesn't mean your stupid, because we have all done stupid things in our life. I also used to believe in God. I also think opposing gun control and gay marriage is stupid. You see what I mean? It's not bigoted to be smarter than somebody else and acknowledge it.

Oh yeah, you're right, this isn't bigoted, at all.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"