Happy Darwin Day-it's this monday

It's not bigoted to think a person is being stupid for believing in something that is ridiculous. That's not what bigoted means. I've never met an atheist in my life who thought the following.

Believing in God is immoral, derserving of hell or punishment, or evil. I've never met an atheist who thought all people who believed in god were evil.

We also do not think you guys are stupid, we think your belief is stupid. And that's not bigoted, it's true. It just is. Believing in fairy tales is not intelligent, and that's reality.

It doesn't mean your stupid, because we have all done stupid things in our life. I also used to believe in God. I also think opposing gun control and gay marriage is stupid. You see what I mean? It's not bigoted to be smarter than somebody else and acknowledge it.

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

Before I compleely lose it on you, how old are you/how long have you been an Atheist?

It's not bigoted to think a person is being stupid for believing in something that is ridiculous. That's not what bigoted means. I've never met an atheist in my life who thought the following.

Believing in God is immoral, derserving of hell or punishment, or evil. I've never met an atheist who thought all people who believed in god were evil.

We also do not think you guys are stupid, we think your belief is stupid. And that's not bigoted, it's true. It just is. Believing in fairy tales is not intelligent, and that's reality.

It doesn't mean your stupid, because we have all done stupid things in our life. I also used to believe in God. I also think opposing gun control and gay marriage is stupid. You see what I mean? It's not bigoted to be smarter than somebody else and acknowledge it.

You are one of the more intelligent posters on these boards and I respect you. But calling my beliefs a "fairy tale" and "stupid" makes me mad. I don't and have never said "YOU ATHEISTS ARE GOING TO ROT IN HELL." It is your choice to believe what you want and I won't push you either way. But calling someone else's beliefs a "fairy tale" is a bit past the line. It is meant to be degrading and disrespectful. You are also not smarter than someone else because what you believe is what you think is true. No one knows if God truly exists or not...it is a belief and solely faith based. I believe he exists and you don't. That simple fact, that simple opinion, that simple belief does not dictate someone being smarter than someone else.

You know I remember a group of people saying the same thing in the past. Oh yeah, I remember, our favorite historical group, the Nazi's!

You are one of the more intelligent posters on these boards and I respect you. But calling my beliefs a "fairy tale" and "stupid" makes me mad. I don't and have never said "YOU ATHEISTS ARE GOING TO ROT IN HELL." It is your choice to believe what you want and I won't push you either way. But calling someone else's beliefs a "fairy tale" is a bit past the line. It is meant to be degrading and disrespectful. You are also not smarter than someone else because what you believe is what you think is true. No one knows if God truly exists or not...it is a belief and solely faith based. I believe he exists and you don't. That simple fact, that simple opinion, that simple belief does not dictate someone being smarter than someone else.

THANK YOU!

I also don't understand how athiests call people who believe stupid when just about every U.S. president has been a Christian (the only one I can think of who wasn't was Jefferson, who was a deist), as well as extremely intelligent men such as Martin Luther King, Jr., Ghandi, Joan Of Arc and many ot

Oh yeah, you're right, this isn't bigoted, at all.:up:

there are people who think the earth is flat. they call themselves the flat earth society. I think they are idiots. Is that bigoted?

I also think ******s tend to have lower IQs. Is that bigoted too?

There are people who think we are alone in the universe. I think they are naive. Is that bigoted?

There are people who support republican economic policies. I think they are being arrogant when they do so. Is that bigoted?

It's not bigoted to think a certain belief in something lacks common sense. It's not. It's called disagreeing with their point of view. Trying to outlaw it or hurt people who believe it would be bigotry. I'm not trying to prevent anybody from believing what they want. I accept and tolerate their decision to do so. That doesn't mean I have to pretend they are being realistic.

You know I remember a group of people saying the same thing in the past. Oh yeah, I remember, our favorite historical group, the Nazi's!

Which is quite ironic since Hitler I believe did say he killed the Jews in the name of God (though he was probably trying to win support of the German civillians, a large portion of whom were and still are Catholics).

THANK YOU!

I also don't understand how athiests call people who believe stupid when just about every U.S. president has been a Christian (the only one I can think of who wasn't was Jefferson, who was a deist), as well as extremely intelligent men such as Martin Luther King, Jr., Ghandi, Joan Of Arc and many ot

washington was a deist as well.

doesn't that automatically disqualify you from being a christian?

No, it just disqualifies you from being a "Christian". Christ wouldn't give a rats ass if people loved someone who was the same sex. He just wanted people to love.

there are people who think the earth is flat. they call themselves the flat earth society. I think they are idiots. Is that bigoted?

I also think ******s tend to have lower IQs. Is that bigoted too?

There are people who think we are alone in the universe. I think they are naive. Is that bigoted?

There are people who support republican economic policies. I think they are being arrogant when they do so. Is that bigoted?

It's not bigoted to think a certain belief in something lacks common sense. It's not. It's called disagreeing with their point of view. Trying to outlaw it or hurt people who believe it would be bigotry. I'm not trying to prevent anybody from believing what they want. I accept and tolerate their decision to do so. That doesn't mean I have to pretend they are being realistic.

See, there's an opinion, and you have a right to that opinion. I have no problem with you being an athiest, I do have problems with you somehow thinking you're smarter than me because you are one.

THANK YOU!

I figured I would be misintreperted, which is why I went into so much detail.

I've met very intelligent people who believe in God. There are millions and millions of people smarter than me, who believe in God. I merely believe that their belief in God is illogical. stupid sounds harsh, I'll admit, and I'm sorry for the offense.

I'm trying to be honest and not offend, even though my honesty is offensive. I seriously do not believe you are stupid for believing in God, but I do believe that your belief in God is stupid. I know that's offensive, and that is unfortnate, that it is offensive, but I'd rather be honest than lie.

See, there's an opinion, and you have a right to that opinion. I have no problem with you being an athiest, I do have problems with you somehow thinking you're smarter than me because you are one.

Exactly. Let me reitterate:

Every U.S. Presidents (both good and bad)
JFK
Ghandi
Joan Of Arc
Bob Marley

All were Christians or believed in some form of a higher power. All were very intelligent, certainly much more intelligent than ourselves.

Exactly. Let me reitterate:

Every U.S. Presidents (both good and bad)
JFK
Ghandi
Joan Of Arc
Bob Marley

All were Christians or believed in some form of a higher power. All were very intelligent, certainly much more intelligent than ourselves.

*sigh*

except for washington and jefferson. who were deists.

I figured I would be misintreperted, which is why I went into so much detail.

I've met very intelligent people who believe in God. There are millions and millions of people smarter than me, who believe in God. I merely believe that their belief in God is illogical. stupid sounds harsh, I'll admit, and I'm sorry for the offense.

I'm trying to be honest and not offend, even though my honesty is offensive. I seriously do not believe you are stupid for believing in God, but I do believe that your belief in God is stupid. I know that's offensive, and that is unfortnate, that it is offensive, but I'd rather be honest than lie.

That's okay. I find your belief that the simply came from nothing without any intervention from a higher power is just as stupid and illogical. Seriously, even if The Big Bang is ture, what the **** created the elements that caused The Big Bang, like the meteors?

I appreciate the compliment, and I do respect your belief, even though right now that might be hard to believe. I would never try to interupt somebody's prayer or service. I understand that you did not say we will rott in hell, and in fact something like 25% of Christains in America believe that your belief does not effect where you end up in the afterlife, and something like 35% of Christains in America don't even believe Hell exists.

When I say Christains say that, it's because a lot of Christains do say that. Even though I believe that religion is illogical, my main problem with religion is conservative religous viewpoints. I think that Jesus did exist, as a mere mortal human being, and I believe he was a very brave liberal as well. He pushed society in a positive direction. I look at him kind of like I look at Martin Luther King.

That's okay. I find your belief that the simply came from nothing without any intervention from a higher power is just as stupid and illogical. Seriously, even if The Big Bang is ture, what the **** created the elements that caused The Big Bang, like the meteors?

I have no idea what caused the big bang, and we might never know. NASA is launching certain telescopes in the next two decades that are supposed to be able to look at before the big bang to try and see what created it. The fact that we do not know the explanation is not evidence that God was involved. In fact thinking like that is how religions were created in the first place. Not knowing the answer led to "it must be supernatural."

I sometimes suspect that the universe is one big spacetime paradox. A singularity inside of a black hole is a point where space and time become infinite in all directions. The big bang also erupted from a singularity. I'm no expert in astronomy or physics, but I wonder if after matter gets sucked into a black hole it travels all the way back in time to before the big bang and exits through the first singularity, via the big bang.

If my theory is correct that it is probably impossible for us to ever find out how this whole continous cycle got started.

I also find it illogical that you would use that question to attempt to discredit the big bang. Couldn't that same questin apply to God? How did God come into existence? Accordingto your own logic wouldn't the origin of God require a higher power? And doesn't that create a paradox of a neverending chain of creators being created by creators?

I have no idea what caused the big bang, and we might never know. NASA is launching certain telescopes in the next two decades that are supposed to be able to look at before the big bang to try and see what created it. The fact that we do not know the explanation is not evidence that God was involved. In fact thinking like that is how religions were created in the first place. Not knowing the answer led to "it must be supernatural."

I sometimes suspect that the universe is one big spacetime paradox. A singularity inside of a black hole is a point where space and time become infinite in all directions. The big bang also erupted from a singularity. I'm no expert in astronomy or physics, but I wonder if after matter gets sucked into a black hole it travels all the way back in time to before the big bang and exits through the first singularity, via the big bang.

If my theory is correct that it is probably impossible for us to ever find out how this whole continous cycle got started.

I also find it illogical that you would use that question to attempt to discredit the big bang. Couldn't that same questin apply to God? How did God come into existence? Accordingto your own logic wouldn't the origin of God require a higher power? And doesn't that create a paradox of a neverending chain of creators being created by creators?

Very true. And for the record, I believe in The Big Bang, but I believe that God created the meteors and other elements that resulted in it.

As for who created God, and who created his creator and so on and so forth, I don't know. We won't know what's truly out there until we're dead and buried, and maybe even not then.

Regardless, I believe in God, Jesus and their teachings (except on homosexuality). If I'm stupid, then as God as is my witness, than I'm glad to be stupid, because I'm smart enough to know I'm not.

Very true. And for the record, I believe in The Big Bang, but I believe that God created the meteors and other elements that resulted in it.

As for who created God, and who created his creator and so on and so forth, I don't know. We won't know what's truly out there until we're dead and buried, and maybe even not then.

Regardless, I believe in God, Jesus and their teachings (except on homosexuality). If I'm stupid, then as God as is my witness, than I'm glad to be stupid, because I'm smart enough to know I'm not.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"