The Dark Knight Harley Quinn

KalMart

239-Bean Irish Chili
Reaction score
I nominate Brittany Murphy.

Janel Maloney is Harleen quinzel.

Britney murphey would make an excellent harly quinn. But I cant see her playing the counterpart of the sophisticated doctor. I want someone who could portray very well the highly educated character of Harleen so when and if she does go crazy in the nolan franchise. It would be like this to the viewers. How did someone so intelligent go crazy and homicidal like that.

For this reason I dont want Britanny Murphy. remember it is going to be a darker batman based on the graphic novels. To cast brittany murphy to me and I could be wrong is like casting tommy lee jones for Two face because he played such a bomb ass lawyer in 'The client'.

Just my opinion

Tunney is an interesting choice. She might be a bit too old at this point, but I can definitely see her doig the mentally-disturbed thing.....as well as the red/black tights thing. ;).

Majik1387 said:
Don't be expecting the red/black jester suit to appear on Harley in any official Batman movie directed by Nolan.
I know...and I'm thankful for that. I also don't expect to see a Harley Quinn, either (also thankful), but it's fun to 'what if'.

Majik1387 said:
Well the Harley Quinn thing came from a rumor of a possible small cameo of Dr. Harleen Quinsel and I believe the actress Emma Thompson was the one rumored to play her. I think she's a terrible choice but thankfully it's an old rumor. I'm really not expecting Harley(although I am wishing for her) but I am expecting that small cameo of Dr. Harleen Quinsel in about the same size role of at least Zsasz from BB.
She'd be fine as a doctor, but not Harley Quinn, obviously. If that's the case, just have the doctor be a clinical phsychiatrist or something, not actually Quinzel, and we can forget the whole Harley Quin thing altogether.

Although....the idea of Murphy cooing out "Misteh' J...." is....intriguing....;)

Majik1387 said:
Not that intriguing. Murphy is very limited with her acting. I haven't seen her play anything different in all her movies except for Don't Say A Word. Don't get me wrong, I love her but she's a bad choice for Dr. Harleen Quinsel/Harley Quinn.

I was just thinking that the accent would be sexy.

Majik1387 said:
Janel Maloney?
You've got to be kidding me. She has no range, she doesn't look like Harleen or Harley, and she's 10 years older than Ledger.

She doesnt look like harley ..... ?

The character created in TAS is the only real reference we have, right? I had a hard time buying her as a doctor as well...even when they showed her as a doctor. But I liked the pig-tails.

Zooey all the way. She oozes adorability and zaniness. And she's a great actress.

zooey_deschanel.jpg

angeleno4.jpg

Just throwing a new name in to the mix, Erika Christensen
erika_christensen.jpg

wallpaper_2.jpg
ErikaChristensen1S.jpg
wallpaper_1.jpg

Majik1387 said:
Well the Harley Quinn thing came from a rumor of a possible small cameo of Dr. Harleen Quinsel and I believe the actress Emma Thompson was the one rumored to play her.
Actually I think the rumor was Emily Watson.
emily_watson.jpg

Either way Im still all for Zooey Deschanel.
zooey-deschanel-pic2.jpg

7Hells said:
Actually I think the rumor was Emily Watson.
emily_watson.jpg

Either way Im still all for Zooey Deschanel.
zooey-deschanel-pic2.jpg
I could see Watson as the doctor, but not the partner in crime. Maybe if she did some test shots with a gigantic cork-shooting revolver. She's a terrific actress, though.

I agree I love her :)
She is just a little old considering Ledgers age as joker.

7Hells said:
I agree I love her :)
She is just a little old considering Ledgers age as joker.
Yeah, a bit too old. She was amazing in Breaking The Waves, but I can't watch that movie again...it's too emotionally draining. If they ever did Quinn (which I doubt they would), she'd HAVE to have the NY accent....one of the reasons I could see Murphy do it, based on her character in Sin City.

KalMart said:
If they ever did Quinn (which I doubt they would), she'd HAVE to have the NY accent....one of the reasons I could see Murphy do it, based on her character in Sin City.
Eh, accents are easy.
I cant see murphy play Harleen. Or make the transformation believable. Even though I think she kicked all kinds of ace in Sin City(that one line especially) I still dont consider her a good actress. Not good enough to be up against and adjacent to Bale and Ledger and definately not good enough to create a multi-layered Harleen.

No matter how small the doc part might be Quinzel is still a part of the Batman mythos and deserves the best portrayel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"