The Dark Knight Harley Quinn

Murphy would be the worst Harley. Like I agree with everyone that she was totally sweet in Sin City, but she's too heroined-out. She doesn't seem crazy enough, just wicked wasted from drugs

Murphy would be the worst Harley. Like I agree with everyone that she was totally sweet in Sin City, but she's too heroined-out. She doesn't seem crazy enough, just wicked wasted from drugs

Majik1387 said:
I've seen her in The Banger Sisters, Riding the Bullet, The Perfect Score, & Flightplan. I wanna say she's been in Lifetime movie but I don't remember.
She is now in the new TV drama "6 Degrees". Ive liked everything she has done and loved her role in "The Sisters". I think she could pull it off and wouldnt be too upset if she got the role.

thewhitequeen said:
I just like the way she sounds with the accent....I'm NY-biased. ;)

Majik1387 said:
^I agree. That's why she was the first one I ever suggested for Harley.
Didn't know who she is, so I just googled her. She definitely looks like the TAS version, but how good of an actress is she?
Kristen_Bel90174_400.jpg

Really though, just like with Riddler, I don't think a Harley Quinn would be a good character for live action, at least not this Nolan-helmed series. But it's still fun to play 'real-life doppelganger'.

KalMart said:
Didn't know who she is, so I just googled her. She definitely looks like the TAS version, but how good of an actress is she?

Kristen Bell's a wicked good actress. She plays Veronica on Veronica Mars. She's really good with sass and wit. I'm not sure how'd she sound with the NY accent though

1. Reefer Madness was wicked funny. It's actually a Movie based on a Musical Based on a 1960s anti-pot PSA thing. It's sooo sarcastic and funny. I heart Allen Cumming.

2. I think Harley would do fine in a movie. I think it'd be sweet to work soemthing out with a Harley/Ivy plotline. Doubt that'll happen though since Uma already took care of Ivy.

I've never heard of Veronica Mars. I dunno...so far she's giving me that teen-soap, Smallville vibe. I could see a Harley/Ivy in the earlier 80's/90's Batman flicks, but not the Nolan ones.

I think it would just have to be tweeked right to fit into the Nolan-verse.

She's a little smallville-y but much grittier. Hotter too. Got nice and skimpy for Maxim.

Fine. Hire her....but not for the Nolan movies.

Majik1387 said:
And why not for Nolan's movies?
I think Harley Quinn would be too silly for these films. And if they modified her too much, it wouldn't be Harley Quinn anymore....or just in name only. Definitely not in the next film where they introduce the Joker, because if you want to make her any more than a cute sidekick that just shows up out of nowhere, you'll have to go into her whole backstory and psychology, and that would take up too much precious screen/plot time. Joker will need a wide berth in this next movie, so there's no room for a sidekick. She should stay in the comics/animation, we don't need a psycho-vixen, whether she dresses in bright colors or not.

Majik1387 said:
Actually no. She can work in Nolan's films with minor toning down of her character and getting rid of the jester suit. And she would still get justice for her character.

Not really a lot. You can give her the same screentime as Scarecrow had and still be able to give her character justice.
I can't see any version of Quinn being nearly as interesting or relevent as Scarecrow's character in BB. In some ways, Scarecrow was 'in name only' in BB, but plot-wise, it made sense and he was able to be an invaluable cog in the larger machine. I don't see that for Quinn...unless they completely redo her character into something that really isn't Harley Quinn.

I think you're putting way too much stock into the Quinn character, but to each their own. There's so much more important stuff that could be fit into these movies than Harley Quinn, or even Robin for that matter. The worth of a Harley Quinn character would not equate the screentime required for her, compared to developments of the Gordon character and his relationship with Batman, for example. It's not so much having anything against harley Quinn as a character....I just think that the inclusion of her character would hurt the films more than help it, when there are so many other things that could help the films more within their limited allotted time. If this was a new TV series, maybe, but not in the next two films.

Maybe....just maybe...she could play the clinical psychologist character for most of the film, covering up in some way for the Joker as a result of her morbid fascination with him....which Joker takes advantage of, manipulating her all along. But then only have her become the Harley character for a short time towards the end in some twisted fashion...which would ultimately prove fatal, so we can get her out of the way. But I woudn't want to see her romping around as Harley for any substantial length.

Majik1387 said:
I disagree; Psycho-vixens are great characters the majority of the time, especially Bat-vixens. They don't only get fans because they're drawn hot, they get fans also because of their origins and characters. Again, I don't want the new Batman films to turn into sausage fest and despite what people think, adding female characters doesn't force them to be a love interest and it doesn't mean they will take away from the plot.
So that's what you see happening..a sausage fest? My aversion to the Harley character was based solely on the character, not the gender. I would have an equal opinion of a male character (psycho-hunk, if you will) that I felt was as cartoonish and unessential as Harley. Boy or girl, we're talking about a one-dimensional semi-character here that would take too much effort to modify than would be worth it. If you disagree with that opinion fine...but don't play the f'in sexist angle here, that's not what this is about at all. If a part of your argument for Harley is that the films could use a 'woman's touch', then it's myopic and superficial. I have no problem with a female character and did not allude to such an issue...if that's what you thought I was referring to, then I would respect your taking issue with such an ignorant outlook, rather than countering it with another argument based on gender. That's not what I meant. Jesus! How about I change 'psycho-vixen' to 'a non-essential, violent supporting villianous character who just happens to be female, not that there's anything wrong with that'.....let's call it that.

Sorry...didn't mean to come off as angry, but I have no problem with female characters. Just extranneous ones. If you like Harley, then fine.

Aaaaaaanyway.....if she were younger, Patricia Arquette.

Harleen would be a great way to introduce Jokers backstory.
Like Joker telling his sob story to Harleen after being tossed in Arkham before his escape. That way we can get both characters back stories in one.

By the way Kal I dont think Majik meant "sausage fest" in the terms as there needing to be an equality of roles for women and men in the movies. I think he just mainly wants to see some hotness vixens on screen :p

7Hells said:
Harleen would be a great way to introduce Jokers backstory.
Like Joker telling his sob story to Harleen after being tossed in Arkham before his escape. That way we can get both characters back stories in one.
I think we should get Joker's background on its own. Maybe he's caught at the end of the second movie, and start the third with him in Arkham with Quinzel. Joker would need to be fully established before we get into Quinn, and he'd have to have at least a brief history with Batman to distort in the eyes of the sympathetic doctor.

When Joker escapes, he goes to find Quinzel, and eavesdrops as she's having an argument with an ex-boyfriend. Joker kills the guy, and Quinzel sees this as chivalry, even though Joker is just getting him out of the way. He tells her that Batman will come looking for him, and he'll likely interrogate her....she promises not to spill the beans if he promises not to abandon her. Why shouldn't he? Because she's the only one who can access the medication that Joker needs to keep from falling into a schizophrenic haze...a previous condition that was aggravated by the mishap that mutilated him to begin with, and complicated by her misdiagnosis while he was in Arkham.

I dunno...there's ways to mix this whole thing up...but I still don't think many people would miss her if she never made it into a Batman movie. Just because you possibly could fit something in doesn't mean you should. They could probably fit the Ventriloquist in there as well...but...no.

7Hells said:
By the way Kal I dont think Majik meant "sausage fest" in the terms as there needing to be an equality of roles for women and men in the movies. I think he just mainly wants to see some hotness vixens on screen :p
I don't care. And if the film has to throw in some more 'hotness', it's doing it just for that sake, which is cheap. Dark Angel's available on DVD if someone wants that.

I think while the Joker's backstory needs to be well established, Harley's could probably be done in some form of a back flash. While I normally don't support backflashes, it could be some sort of psycho-distorted one. I dunno. Honestly even though she's one of my fav charcters in the Bat-world I doubt they'll ever put her in the movie for the above mentioned reasons. It would just take too mcuh careful planning and, honestly, I don't think the writers/produces care enough to try to work it out.

KalMart said:
What was she in?
Majik1387 said:
I've seen her in The Banger Sisters, Riding the Bullet, The Perfect Score, & Flightplan. I wanna say she's been in Lifetime movie but I don't remember.
you forgot the most important one, the one that made of think of her for the role, SWIMFAN, she played this insanely obsessed girl, who goes crazy when the guys she wants rejects her
swimfan.jpg
swimfan.jpg

250px-Erika_christensen2.jpg
swimfan.jpg.300px.png

but, she was just a suggestion, I caught swimfan on the other day an it reminded me of her

mmm... I don't think she can really act that well. Also, is it just me or does she have kind of a Felicity look to her?

Id have to disagree, most of her roles have been vastly different from one another and she seems to develope believably complex characters.
She just doesnt look like Quinn.

Dunst?

kirstendunst2006anothermagazine04122596locv8.jpg

Don't shoot me. :woot:

KalMart said:
Dunst?

kirstendunst2006anothermagazine04122596locv8.jpg

Don't shoot me. :woot:

No, sorry. I'm not a Dunst hater by any means, but she's already too associated with the Spidey series to play another key role in another major superhero franchise.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
No, sorry. I'm not a Dunst hater by any means, but she's already tooassociated with the Spidey series to play another key role in another major superhero franchise.

Aww, c'mon! Not even ONE more?

kirstendunst2006anothermagazine06122517lopu9.jpg

I'm kidding, of course.

yeah. Even if Dunst hadn't been in Spiderman, I don't think her styles right for Quinn

I'm sticking with Faruza Balk!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"