The Dark Knight Rises The Official Harley Quinn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farva

Burger Punk!
Reaction score
A majority of those polled, be it a small one, would like to see Harley Quinn alongside the Joker.

Whether you agree with that or not, who would you cast as Harley Quinn in BB2?

Brittany Murphy is the most popular choice right now. She could definately do it I think.

nah, her voice is too horse and she's a twig. Harley has to have some curves. I say Christina Ricci.

This isn't really a suggestion. It's more of an observation...

rnrdist_1858_146279835

wimpromo04.jpg

Considering Bettany is always mentioned, recently, in conjunction with the Joker, I just found the resemblance between these two pictures pretty convenient. I'll probably get lynched for saying this (seeing as how there seems to be something of a hatred for her by many patrons of Superhero Hype!), but I don't think Dunst would have made a bad Harley when she was younger.

However, I'd probably still say that if Harley is ever included in the sequels, which I doubt she will be, Brittany Murphy should play her.

Quinn is a very high energy character which needs somebody who is naturally not a prom queen to do the part.

I just thought I'd throw that out there for a point and hopefully eliminate some names.

I knida like Reese Witherspoon, if she's not too old now.

is she that goldie hawn wannabe from those lawyer movies.. uh... legally blonde? I guess she could work if, like you say, she's not too old. She's looks really young though.

Gwen Steffani anyone?I don't know if she could act,She was terrible in the Aviator.I think Harley should be a henchman.The kinda role that Darrly Hannah played in Blade Runner.A gothgirl look would be cool.To bad, Parker Posey already taken for Lex.

Alright here is my thing there are characters that if to be casted it would not be wise to cast such a huge celebrity. In this case were talking about DOCTOR Harleen quinzel. Most people forget about the DOCTOR part! Same with twoface Ive seen some outrageous castin for TWOFACE. Anyonw can play a Decent villain But we have to ask ourselves can the actor play a descent counter Part HIGH Powered attorney Harvey Dent.

This is what happend in batman forever and batman and robin People got well known celebs to play parts Tommy Lee jones Schwarsnnggger etc.

Haryley Quinn Some of you guys say Britany Murphy. Which I agree she does seem kind of wild and can fit the part. But do you see her as the counterpart Highly educated psycologist running Arkham?????

I don't Heres a woman I think can pull it off beautifully

Janel Maloney as Docter Harleen Quinzel.....
pink2.png
ScreenTest_Bat_HarleyQuinn.jpg

Its actually rathered sad how the joker seduces her based off of how bad her life was growing up. Most people see the smiles and think okay just crazy joker side kick. I hope they go more into it in the third movie if they decide to put her in there.

"....And all the pieces matter." -- Freamon
THE WIRE SEASON ONE

I remember about the doctor part.I just think it would be better if she just a crazy,asskicking,henchgirl.It would take to much time to tell her origins.She's not somekind of mastermind or anything.And who the hell is she?

Britany Muprhy i think is the best choice

someone mentioned Reese Witherspoon she is suprsingly getting up there in age as in she is no long there cute 25 year we knew...

It hink she maybe like 32 or something...

I would go with Brittany Murphy as Harley Quin, just because of her role in Sin City. She is really a good actress, and could pull of the psychosis of Harley.

Timstuff said:
Brittany Murphy is the most popular choice right now. She could definately do it I think.

Yeah. Shw would be great as Harley Quinn.

I posted the same thread a few hours ago (not knowing it already existed), but I will respond to it anyway.

It should depend on who is playing The Joker. If they go with someone relatively unknown like Lacy Hulme, they should cast someone of mis magnitude. But, let's say they decide they cast someone really famous like Christopher Walken - or, better yet, hypothetically, let's say they go with Jack Nicholson again (dammit, I hope so). In that case (which I doubt will happen), they will have to go with an actress who could hold their own against Nicholson, preferably someone who's worked with him more than once before. Unfortunately, the only two actresses who I can think of who've worked with him more than once are Michelle Pfeiffer and Ann-Margret. Well, Pfeiffer was already in Batman Returns and Ann-Margret is 64 years old (though she looks about 45). So they're out of the question. The same goes for if they cast someone like Walken, Johnny Depp or even Sean Penn (who Bale supposedly said was Nolan's current choice, although he was drunk at the time).

In the end however, I don't think Harley will ever make it to the big screen. Shame, too. I always wanted to see her on the big screen.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I posted the same thread a few hours ago (not knowing it already existed), but I will respond to it anyway.

It should depend on who is playing The Joker. If they go with someone relatively unknown like Lacy Hulme, they should cast someone of mis magnitude. But, let's say they decide they cast someone really famous like Christopher Walken - or, better yet, hypothetically, let's say they go with Jack Nicholson again (dammit, I hope so). In that case (which I doubt will happen), they will have to go with an actress who could hold their own against Nicholson, preferably someone who's worked with him more than once before. Unfortunately, the only two actresses who I can think of who've worked with him more than once are Michelle Pfeiffer and Ann-Margret. Well, Pfeiffer was already in Batman Returns and Ann-Margret is 64 years old (though she looks about 45). So they're out of the question. The same goes for if they cast someone like Walken, Johnny Depp or even Sean Penn (who Bale supposedly said was Nolan's current choice, although he was drunk at the time).

In the end however, I don't think Harley will ever make it to the big screen. Shame, too. I always wanted to see her on the big screen.
Christopher Walken as The Joker? BRILLIANT! :eek::up:

Jena Elfman. It think she simply has got it all she needs to pull off the role.

Brittany Murphy-isn’t to bad, however as chosen1 has said, we also need to think of the serous doctor part of the character. And I don’t think I could take Brittany to be a psychiatrist. Crazy part yes for sure, but the doctor part would be a bet of a stretch for me. Pulse she has brown eyes LOL

Christina Ricci- I agree curves may be important, but we also need her to be agile and acrobatic, and I have yet to see Christina in a role that shows just how hyper she can really be, so I would be worried to rely on her. I mean its weds day where talking about here. I love her though. Its kind of the same thing with Brittany, I just don’t think they look old enough to pull of a Doctor.

scarlett johanson - Is not a bad call at all to be honest.

Gwen Steffani ?- Sexy but Harley ant no Holla back girl!

Jena Elfman- Would have been awesome, had she been younger yes.

Ok, sorry I know this is a old post but its kind of the only reason I joined, was for this conversation, I’m working in a Casting agency right now, and my office is not casting the sequel however casting offices don’t mind calls from other casting agencies lending there suggestion, and I have done this with the Batman crew. Now provided they cast the Joker right, such as Crispin Glover (Willard, Charlies Angels)
or French Actor Vincent (brotherhood of the Wolf, Birthdaygirl) Cassel (who are actually are the top 2 in the running for the role and I think both would rock!) ( am more parcel to Crispin glover , Just only for the sake that Vincent Cassel has a good look and everything however ..well he’s French, and I have yet to see him in anything where he can really lose that accent, but if he can then awsome, he would really be cool) So my vote is for Crispin Glover!

Now that being said, I think that there really is only one good actress that can fill the shoes of both the strong stable psychiatrist Harleen quinzel
AND our psycho not so stable beloved Harley Quinn . And she is one of my favorite actresses of our time.
Rachel McAdems : Mean Girls , The Notebook, Red Eye, and the up in coming The Family Stone.

harly.jpg
harleyq.gif

1983_687583565_003_H204736_L.jpg
26755962_l-vi.jpg

HC_Rachel_McAdams_003.jpg
221285932_l.jpg

And believe it or not kids, David S. Goyer (writer) is in fact and I quote “ I am actually a very big fan of the Haurly Quinn character, and am taking in great consideration how popular the cheater is and her effect on the fans of Batman” Verity Magazine

After reading this, I took my helpful direction over to the Bat crew (via telephone) and they love that casting idea, and said they will take it seriously in to consideration, once they know for sure if she is going to be in it. My theory is that they will have Harleen Quinzel in the next one (if at all) she will be taking over the new counseling postion that was left open thanks to Dr. Crane and then, see her start to be turned mentally by the Joker after countless psychiatric meetings, after he is captured, and then we will get to see , after talking with him for some time, just how brilliantly manipulative the Joker really is! At lest thats what I would love to see anyway.

Here are some more quotes that brought me to this conclusion.

"The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and Dent in bringing down The Joker...but not killing him. In the third [movie], The Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process." - David S. Goyer, BATMAN BEGINS screenwriter, 2005

"I want to see The Joker, because I think it will be a very different kind of Joker than people have seen before, I think even the card that you see atthe end of (BEGINS) shows that it is a darker, more sinister-looking Joker than anything I have seen depicted before. I think it would be a good adversary." - Christian Bale, 2005

"Like BEGINS, one clear cut villain isn't the plan. The studio isn't interested in Robin. We're not either." - Christopher Nolan, BATMAN frachise director, 2005

So there it is kids, let me know what you think. Because if there are some good suggestion I would love to take it over to the Bat-team, I love the movie and any hand I can be I would love to be it.

mira sorvino would not be that bad, her career sure could use it.

I've mentioned this several times, but if this woman were younger she'd be the PERFECT Harley:

Rosanna Arquette
rosanna.jpg

Rosanna_Arquette.jpg
harleyweb.jpg

Murohy and Witherspoon are my top choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"