Has Thor ever hooked up, or tried to hook up with Storm?

Sif is far more than a booty call. Read the end of "The Reigning" or the tail-end of Eric Masterson's time as Thor. He is thoroughly in love with her.

Thor has a mom. His mom's Gaea, who is basically equated with Mother Nature in Marvel. Odin boned her while she was masquerading as a goddess named Jord. Which technically makes him half-brothers with Atum/the Demagorge.

And I thought my family was weird...
:)

Thor and Storm fought in Contest Of Champions II...right before he defeated her, he planted a big, wet, kiss right on her lips.

Seriously.

Thor's hooked up with Moondragon before, in Avengers #219-220. He was slumming for sure, but the man has his needs. It's understandable; we've all been there before, Goldilocks.

IIRC, he wasn't a willing lover, if you know what I mean.:dry:

Why would Thor hook up with someone who is beneath him?

You really don't know much about mythology, do you?:D

thor married enchantress? when did that happen?
during the reigning story arc when Thor took over Earth after Asgard was destroyed over NY. He married Enchantress (who gave birth to Thor's son Magni) banished Sif and became UNWorthy to wield Mjolnir!

during the reigning story arc when Thor took over Earth after Asgard was destroyed over NY. He married Enchantress (who gave birth to Thor's son Magni) banished Sif and became UNWorthy to wield Mjolnir!

See that always kind of bugged me. I mean cetainly Thor had become unworthy and it was all very well executed and made for a great story but the worthiness enchantment is a function of the Odinforce and is only as powerful as the Odinforce. How could someone who wields the odinforce be unworthy of Mjolnir? Why wouldnt he just negate/override the enchantment?

Food for thought

Well Odin originally wielded the Odinforce and set the enchantment upon Mjolnir, and maybe it's possible that anybody else weilding the Odinforce would not beable to override an existing enchanment placed on something by the original weilder of the Odinforce. Like if Thor were to set an enchanment or limitaion on something with the Odinforce, and somehow somebody else were to weild the Odinforce, that being would not beable to cancel out the enchantment that Thor had set upon the item. Just a thought.

See that always kind of bugged me. I mean cetainly Thor had become unworthy and it was all very well executed and made for a great story but the worthiness enchantment is a function of the Odinforce and is only as powerful as the Odinforce. How could someone who wields the odinforce be unworthy of Mjolnir? Why wouldnt he just negate/override the enchantment?

Food for thought

We have no way of knowing if the same would have happened to Odin if he became unworthy. That said, it could be that the spell was set to avoid abuse by ANY user, including Odin. It would also be a good way to measure if the current ruler was worthy or not and possibly replace him with a more adequate leader.

We have no way of knowing if the same would have happened to Odin if he became unworthy. That said, it could be that the spell was set to avoid abuse by ANY user, including Odin. It would also be a good way to measure if the current ruler was worthy or not and possibly replace him with a more adequate leader.

The only problem I had with it is during ragnorak the Odin force became a whole another entity that did not let thor use it while he was not worthy of it. Whereas during the reigning he was worthy of that but not Mjollnir, which seemed a bit derived for story purposes.

One thing though, with regard his fathering of Magni, even in Mythology Magni (representing Might) was not the son of Thor and Sif but the son of thor and his mistress.

I don't know,.. I didn't follow thor but heard about her from a friend who was into him and the punisher.

Now theres a "What If"

"What if Frank Castle were picked to have the power of Thor?"
Then Thanos, the Absorbing Man, Loki (etc...) would all be dead...

Well Odin originally wielded the Odinforce and set the enchantment upon Mjolnir, and maybe it's possible that anybody else weilding the Odinforce would not beable to override an existing enchanment placed on something by the original weilder of the Odinforce. Like if Thor were to set an enchanment or limitaion on something with the Odinforce, and somehow somebody else were to weild the Odinforce, that being would not beable to cancel out the enchantment that Thor had set upon the item. Just a thought.
It's pretty common in fantasy stories for the original caster of a spell to be the only person capable of undoing that spell. Seems plausible that that's why Thor was still subject to the worthiness enchantment even though he wielded the Odinpower--the spell was Odin's and could thus only be undone by Odin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"