Hasbro Plans 2008

All the MARVEL stuff sounds promising! Hope they get them right with paint, sculps and articulation...

And the TIH figs BETTER BE in a 6" scale to match the rest!! HULK should be about 8"... That crap with the first movie was VERY irritating!

From the article:

"Ultimate Electronic Hulk - This 12” tall Hulk figure will feature a Double-arm Smash Action, and surprisingly, lights (and sounds)."

Could "lights" be a reference to the glowing-veins idea that AD was onto, based on the t-shirt, or glowing eyes? Does "sounds" mean the Hulk talks more in the movie? Hmm...

From the article:
Could "lights" be a reference to the glowing-veins idea that AD was onto, based on the t-shirt, or glowing eyes? Does "sounds" mean the Hulk talks more in the movie? Hmm...

I was wondering the exact thing BH.

I was wondering the exact thing BH.

Ha! See, this proves my theory (that I've espoused in other threads) that I generally have no original thoughts of my own. It's just a race to see who can say them first, for the most part... we shouldn't take surprise in this fact. But I beat you in this round... neener, neener. :funny:

From the article:

"Ultimate Electronic Hulk - This 12” tall Hulk figure will feature a Double-arm Smash Action, and surprisingly, lights (and sounds)."

id say light would mean glowing eyes, and as for sounds meaning hulk talks more, dont bet on it. there were 3 or 4 hulk movie toys from 2003 that said "hulk smash", " nothing can destroy hulk" and a couple of other frases. and what did we get in the movie? one single line....

From the 12 basic figures its safe to say 8 will be Hulk 3 will be Abomb with 1 figure to be maybe Bruce?

From the 12 basic figures its safe to say 8 will be Hulk 3 will be Abomb with 1 figure to be maybe Bruce?

THAT would be insane... I hope it's more like 6 HULK, 1 General Ross, 3 Abomination, 1 Bruce/HULK and maybe a Betty or Doc or something?

I dont think there will be a Ross and there is no chance we will get a betty.

I wonder if we will get a 12" Hulk and Abomb.

id say light would mean glowing eyes, and as for sounds meaning hulk talks more, dont bet on it. there were 3 or 4 hulk movie toys from 2003 that said "hulk smash", " nothing can destroy hulk" and a couple of other frases. and what did we get in the movie? one single line....

Thanks for the warning - I won't bet on it. ;) But there were actually 2 lines in the movie. Everyone always overlooks the second, which takes place during the Hulk's struggle underwater with Absorbing Dad - he says, "You think you can handle it?" (in Banner's voice) before saying "Take it, take it all!!!" (in Hulk's voice).

Yeah... I need to decide if I need to get rid of some of my collection to make room for all these new HULK figs!

Thanks for the warning - I won't bet on it. ;) But there were actually 2 lines in the movie. Everyone always overlooks the second, which takes place during the Hulk's struggle underwater with Absorbing Dad - he says, "You think you can handle it?" (in Banner's voice) before saying "Take it, take it all!!!" (in Hulk's voice).
ah, good point. i dont think i over look that as much as try to forget it! that is without a doubt the stupidest and most pointless ending to a movie yet! i still have no idea wtf is going on!

I hope Hasbro "plans" to get their act together in the duece double 'ro eight.

ah, good point. i dont think i over look that as much as try to forget it! that is without a doubt the stupidest and most pointless ending to a movie yet! i still have no idea wtf is going on!

Overall, kinda dumb, yeah... but I thought it had some merit. This may have nothing to do with the movie, but I thought it was an excellent visual characterization of what happens when we fight/resist things as Hulk did with his dad: We yield them more power. I find this to be incredibly true in my own life anyway. In the Hulk's case, the only way to win was, essentially, to surrender/accept defeat -- no amount of struggling/wrestling was going to enable him to overcome Absorbing Dad. But this all gets to the "psychobabble" and overly "cerebral" take on things that Ang Lee has been accused of. Ang gave us angst and it was too much for people who expected popcorn. I appreciate the movie for its worth and applaud Ang for giving us his original attempt at the character.

Overall, kinda dumb, yeah... but I thought it had some merit. This may have nothing to do with the movie, but I thought it was an excellent visual characterization of what happens when we fight/resist things as Hulk did with his dad: We yield them more power. I find this to be incredibly true in my own life anyway. In the Hulk's case, the only way to win was, essentially, to surrender/accept defeat -- no amount of struggling/wrestling was going to enable him to overcome Absorbing Dad. But this all gets to the "psychobabble" and overly "cerebral" take on things that Ang Lee has been accused of. Ang gave us angst and it was too much for people who expected popcorn. I appreciate the movie for its worth and applaud Ang for giving us his original attempt at the character.

I agree, I loved Ang's film, the tone, the angst, the cerebral take, I think it is a great film, but if he had put a little more "Hulk Smash" in it, then I don't think we would have waited 5 years and had to get a new cast and director as the general public would have liked it more.

I agree, I loved Ang's film, the tone, the angst, the cerebral take, I think it is a great film, but if he had put a little more "Hulk Smash" in it, then I don't think we would have waited 5 years and had to get a new cast and director as the general public would have liked it more.

Technically he did, but all of the dog scene, for example, didn't make the cut for fiscal reasons. It was the overall tone that was the movie's undoing... it was way too serious, too much an exploration of Banner's inner psyche for people's tastes. Even if he had included more smashy-smashy, in other words, it wouldn't have jived real well with the prevailing tone of the movie. Oh well. :whatever:

Technically he did, but all of the dog scene, for example, didn't make the cut for fiscal reasons. It was the overall tone that was the movie's undoing... it was way too serious, too much an exploration of Banner's inner psyche for people's tastes. Even if he had included more smashy-smashy, in other words, it wouldn't have jived real well with the prevailing tone of the movie. Oh well. :whatever:
I like Ang's HULK alot more prior to the Hulk actually showing up. I read an interview where he talked about admitting to having made some changes because it was after all a "summer popcorn" movie. Thats why the movie ends up flat to me, I dont think both aspects meet up. I wish it would have been more of what he wanted to do.

I also hated the comic book look of the movie too, and the constant wipes. I hate when video games adapt comics that way too. Its a movie of a comic, its not supposed to have panals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"