Have you ever spaced out...

Ghostvirus

Avenger
Reaction score
When you are waiting on something for a long time, & get so deep into your imagination that for a moment you think you said what you were thinking out loud?

I have a lot. I have to take the bus everywhere. Which anyone who has taken a city transportation unit. Will tell you it requires a lot of waiting around. Sometimes my mind wanders to weird places. Sometimes I get so deep into my own head that I am afraid that I said some of the stuff that I have said in my head out loud. So anyone do that?

So you're not sure if you spoke out loud or not?

Interesting. *writes on notepad*

i worry more about farting in my sleep while i sleep next to my chica.

I actually, do blurt stuff out if I space out into an intense memorie or fantasy. I think I have teret syndrome.

I suddenly space out so I am not sure if I am awake or asleep and am imagining what is going on around me.

Sloth7d said:
I actually, do blurt stuff out if I space out into an intense memorie or fantasy. I think I have teret syndrome.
But when I do blurt something I snap out of my daydream or whatever and I'm fully conscious of it.

Dew k. Mosi said:
I suddenly space out so I am not sure if I am awake or asleep and am imagining what is going on around me.
that actually happens to me alot too
it really freaks me out.
especially when i do snap out of it but i'm still not sure and then someone around me says something really out of the ordinary i'm like "oh crap. it's true."

You haven't truly spaced out until you've had multiple personalities.

Now THAT'S spacing out.

Dew k. Mosi said:
So sometimes you can't tell wether you're dreaming or awake?

That happens during my dreams but never when I'm awake.

Im spaced out now. I puffed and I gave, I was polite.

Yeah, all the time when I'm travelling with public transportation. I have to make 2 hour trips back and forth to go to school, so I'm no stranger to the spacing out. I also seemingly get that as a defense mechanism when I'm being rejected. I'll have literally forgotten what the girl said beyond the first few words. Both a curse and a gift.

I do it all the while in History class. It's so tediously boring.

all the time, the amount of times i've been caught talking to myself is unparalleled.

I EVEN catch myself doing it when i'm at home alone.

ironing or washing up or doing mundane repetitive tasks are the best times for doing this, you actually forget conciously that you are doing what you are donig and carry on until you manage to finish and it's almost like you spent no time doing it at all...

I used to do that all the time. I get really weird looks and my mom was this close to sending me to a child psichatrist when I was a child.
Now I don't do it as much because I listen to my music most of the time. But when I forget my mp3 player at home, I do space out completely in the subway and start talking to myself. I just hate waiting around.

blind_fury said:
So sometimes you can't tell wether you're dreaming or awake?

That happens during my dreams but never when I'm awake.

When I was younger I went through this weird period where I would dreamt that I couldn't wake up, so in my dream I am sitting there screaming, & I can't wake up! It was the only dream that I woke up freaking out over.

I was in shock for a bit after my son's death and people would speak to me, and it would take several minutes for me to realize that their words were meant to make some sort of sense.

In short...Yes I have spaced out.

Dew k. Mosi said:
I was in shock for a bit after my son's death and people would speak to me, and it would take several minutes for me to realize that their words were meant to make some sort of sense.

Sorry about your son Dew. I went through the same thing when my older sister died :(

I used to sometimes, now I have a hard time relaxing enough to do it.

Mostly because I'm paranoid.

I have this strange fear of being randomly stabbed.

Hades said:
I used to sometimes, now I have a hard time relaxing enough to do it.

Mostly because I'm paranoid.

I have this strange fear of being randomly stabbed.

I have the same problem. I am constantly on edge. I cant relax. Total, & absolute illogical paranoia. It is very frustrating!!!:cmad:

Maybe you'll end up stabing him. Wouldn't that be ironic? :)

If I'm doing something repetitive or routine,yes. Which is everyday.
Now the dreaming and reality thing hasn't happen in a couple of years. I feel I'm a little sensitive to the paranormal,only slightly,if it's a strong presence it will enter my dreams.
I've said too much. :O

tzarinna said:
Now the dreaming and reality thing hasn't happen in a couple of years. I feel I'm a little sensitive to the paranormal,only slightly,if it's a strong presence it will enter my dreams.
:confused:

if i didn't space out on a regular basis i would begin to think there might be something seriously wrong with my head.

tzarinna said:
You're not going to turn out to be one of those overweight ladies who wear too much jewely and go on and on about all your paronormal experiences throughout your life, and then start your own phsychic reading place only to have it shut down because it never did very well, and then become clinicaly depressed and marry a mentally disabled man and live the rest of your days in a horrible marriage, are you:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"